NHL'94 Forums

Is Netplay better on SNES or Gens?

From past experience on Genesis Netplay my opponent always gets desynchronized with me and it seems as if we're playing 2 different games. My question is, is SNES netplay better than Gens and if so what SNES emulator should I use?

Snes is way superior for stability & the ability to load game after one player has crashed, in terms of emulator advantage. Desynching is much more infrequent & usually one or the two is able to grab a save state if it does start to drop.

Zsnes I think is the emulators name. Follow along the getting started link of this site to get the right one for sure.

But if are desynching a lot you either have a shitty connect or you aren't disabling wi-fi & hooking up direct w/ a cable.

While not as stable as snes, gens finishes 1000's of games every few months between league games & exi's and desynching is not that common. We've got guys playing from France & Finland w/ out desynching (laggy though).

Plus snes sux compared to gens to play according to all the men around here. It's kind of like a ladies version for nhl94, but maybe that's your thing. No judging here :)

But if are desynching a lot you either have a shitty connect or you aren't disabling wi-fi & hooking up direct w/ a cable.

That's my issue, I couldn't be bothered connecting with a cable because it would be next to impossible for me because the router is downstairs on one side of the house and my computer is upstairs on the other side of the house. I've played a few GENS games (Non-94) with people before and i've had no issues, perhaps it's just hit and miss for me.

That's my issue, I couldn't be bothered connecting with a cable because it would be next to impossible for me because the router is downstairs on one side of the house and my computer is upstairs on the other side of the house. I've played a few GENS games (Non-94) with people before and i've had no issues, perhaps it's just hit and miss for me.

connect with a freaking cable man

it makes a difference!!!!!

people always try to contest this but it really does make a big difference

connect with a freaking cable man

it makes a difference!!!!!

people always try to contest this but it really does make a big difference

Like I said, unless I run a cable through the house it's not gonna happen lol (Unless I move my entire CPU set up which seems more of a hassle). Not contesting the difference here but it seem much of a use to me if i'm only gonna use it for this .