NHL'94 Forums

Who would come to Northern Canada to Play NHL '94?

I have been toying around with the idea of doing a King of 94 North.

So my question... If I can find an airline sponsor. Who would fly to Yellowknife to play NHL 94?

It would be in March/April, Its more of a publicly stunt then "get as many players as possible". If I can get 3-5 guys that I have filmed before (you know who you are) it mite be a very cool scene in the movie plus it may be your only chance to see the true North. The first 3-4 can stay at my place.

Just a thought, let me know if any of you guys would be up to it.

-Mikey

UPDATE: THE DATES ARE MORE LOOKING LIKE JULY 2016

Edited by McMikey

I would be there 100% for sure if you do it during my summer break from school and before Fall sports start.

(Approx June 3-August 10).

It is funny I have been thinking about contacting you anyway about coming your way this summer!

Make this happen!

In fact I'll come play you 1 on 1.

If not in that time frame, i would still make every effort to come.

Edited by CoachMac

Holy crap I thought Saskatoon WAS North (was confused why KO94 was called "West"). When I Google'd Yellowknife the Earth expanded into a new part that I never knew existed! (Geography was never my strength).

That's mad far, would need 2 days alone just to travel...but maybe?

• Thanks 1

That sounds awesome and I know I would love to see the north because many years ago I did look up prices to travel there. But once I saw it I was compelled to drink coffee just so I could spit out in amazement.

You did mention a sponsor though...and that would do plenty to get me up there. I could probably get a couple days in April, more notice the better naturally. But yes, I love this idea and I'm more than interested.

Ok maybe Summer time When Coach Mac is free

kgman/AJ/Raph. This could be an epic Gens show down. Plus we can go fishing at a lodge (i'll bring a generator so we can play).

Let me think some more. Larmer and Anderson mite join.

• Confused 1

i just looked up the prices for a flight and they are much different then I remembered. I must have been looking in all the wrong spots 10 years ago because I remember the idea being $2000-3000 for the round trip flight but now I'm seeing it is only 500-600. Considering free or cheap lodging I'd still at least consider doing the trip if we couldn't get sponsorship depending on how long I could get away from the office for.

I'd love to go, but I also got to pick my battles at home and when I can get away for a boys 94 weekend. With two little ones it can be stressful for my wife, especially when the kids are sick, which seems like always these days.

So I'll give myself a 38.9% chance of attending at this time.

As its looking now, July in Hay River NWT. If we can plan that everyone meets in Yellowknife (easiest place to fly to in the NWT) I can get a aircraft to fly us to Hay River (no extra cost). Coach Mac Said he would drive to Hay.

I'm working on getting some NHL alumni to be there as well

Edited by McMikey

I am planning my trip now.

The drive would be amazing and I've got lots of buds, I could visit along the way, but I am also interested in the flight from Yellowknife to Hay River.

So I am not ruling out flying.

Either way, it will be great, just save me a seat on that plane for now.

Bottom Line, I am 100% IN! :exciting:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

looked at flights...not too bad...around $450 ish. Had no idea though it would take just as long to fly to yellowknife as it does toronto.

• 1 month later...

Reaching the critical point on this.

Need some news soon!

Plans need to be made.

Some may already be lost.

Please respond Mikey, you are the only hope!

I want to come to NWT!

Hey Mac,

Doesn't look like I can commit to a date, my summer is looking pretty packed to plan a tourney. BUT!! Send me an email, If you come up to the NWT we can work on a date that woks and I will be more than happy to show you around!!