NHL'94 Forums

Divisions based on location

HABS

I highly suggest that next season we look into putting a greater weight on physical location for divisions.

For example; me (calgary) vs darko (france) that is over 7500km or 4660 miles away! We gutted through our 4 games at an avg of 20 FPS.

Have more west guys in the same division, while keeping things as balanced as possible. Even though 80% of coaches are in the north east. It'll be less lag for everybody!

If we had a few more Europe guys, a euro division would be really cool as well.

yeah maybe just erase divisions and conferences. With them changing every season what is the appeal really? We don't have rivalries built, its just a random bunch of teams that balance each other. And the fact that we play the other division within the same conference the same amount of times as inter conference teams (2x), conferences hardly make any sense.

yeah maybe just erase divisions and conferences. With them changing every season what is the appeal really? We don't have rivalries built, its just a random bunch of teams that balance each other. And the fact that we play the other division within the same conference the same amount of times as inter conference teams (2x), conferences hardly make any sense.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind two 12 team divisions or even 3-8 team division and you play 4 in and 2 out of division 60GP total.

3 division winners 3 second place in playoffs then next best 10 teams.