NHL'94 Forums

GDL XIV rom issue...

So wait a second, what's this CB thing again? I keep hearing that term tossed around here but I just can't seem to get a grasp on it... It would be great if someone could post another link that explains it... but this time if you could be so generous, please dumb it down for me. I've only been playing this game on/off for 20+ years so all these new concepts of pressing a C button and then a B button completely elude me.

are you okay man?

are you okay man?

I'm over it.

I'm a bit frustrated with the checking on my team this season which sparked my OP but the responses on this thread, for the several reasons I already mentioned above, only added to the frustration.

As the guy who created the ROM, it was done from a clean 30-team ROM base, players added from original '94 ROM, smoz hack to see accurate player ratings, EARE to set home/away advantages to even. Everything else was graphics with TM. Nothing should have caused any checking issues.

I missed this the other day... thanks for clarifying, Raph.

The people were just trying to be nice and help you out. You didn't have to chew them out repeatedly just cuz they misunderstood.

Also I think you owe lupz an apology. Getting mad at someone for using a timeout when they have a lead is pretty damn douchebaggy lol. He's one of the nicest guys in the community

Also I think you owe lupz an apology. Getting mad at someone for using a timeout when they have a lead is pretty damn douchebaggy lol. He's one of the nicest guys in the community

TK, you're a good guy so I'll explain here. We had a 4 game series. He won the first 3 and not sure what the scores were but I'll admit it wasn't like it was even close. We're 1/2 way through the 4th game and a miracle happens, I actually get one of my few goals of the day to bring the score to 4-2. He calls a timeout and I type "seriously?". So you can call that getting angry, being a douchebag, whatever but I can tell you that if the tables were turned, I wouldn't be calling timeouts on a guy when I'm sweeping them in a series. Maybe that's just me.

I've got no bad feelings with Lupz but if he's bent out of shape about it, well that sucks but at least you know where I'm coming from.

I'll be honest EA, I'm Pretty irritated at how you responded to our responses to your OP.

Everyone was trying to be helpful not sarcastic or like 'duh you dumbass'. Totally did not expect that type of response. Im not apologizing for misinterpreting your OP.

TK, you're a good guy so I'll explain here. We had a 4 game series. He won the first 3 and not sure what the scores were but I'll admit it wasn't like it was even close. We're 1/2 way through the 4th game and a miracle happens, I actually get one of my few goals of the day to bring the score to 4-2. He calls a timeout and I type "seriously?". So you can call that getting angry, being a douchebag, whatever but I can tell you that if the tables were turned, I wouldn't be calling timeouts on a guy when I'm sweeping them in a series. Maybe that's just me.

I've got no bad feelings with Lupz but if he's bent out of shape about it, well that sucks but at least you know where I'm coming from.

In what world is a 4-2 lead safe when the home team just scored with 3:41 left in the 3rd, especially when the guy who scored the goal is a better player than me regardless of the outcome of the previous 3 games? I believe in the timeout, I finished my season with 22 wins probably gonna miss out on a playoff birth by a game, or 2 so yes I call timeout there as every game at that juncture of my season was important to me.

And thank you for basically quiting after the time out running out the final 3:41 without trying to score.

Whether you agree with it, or not you should just type ggs man. I didn't say s**t about your 10 pauses during live game play to replay me laying you out with perfectly placed B checks on light weight guys then proceeding to show me the team roster page with the weights listed over, and over again, well until right now.

In what world is a 4-2 lead safe when the home team just scored with 3:41 left in the 3rd, especially when the guy who scored the goal is a better player than me regardless of the outcome of the previous 3 games? I believe in the timeout, I finished my season with 22 wins probably gonna miss out on a playoff birth by a game, or 2 so yes I call timeout there as every game at that juncture of my season was important to me.

And thank you for basically quiting after the time out running out the final 3:41 without trying to score.

Whether you agree with it, or not you should just type ggs man. I didn't say s**t about your 10 pauses during live game play to replay me laying you out with perfectly placed B checks on light weight guys then proceeding to show me the team roster page with the weights listed over, and over again, well until right now.

Hey, what can I say, you're the type of guy who calls timeouts when you're running the table on someone, I'm not. You're well within you're right to do that and you can play how you want but don't get bent when someone doesn't think that's cool.

By the way, I paused the game 3 times at the very most and I'm pretty sure it was when my goalie had possession... I would never do it if you had advantage. Also, I wasn't trying to show you anything... I was checking for myself bc I don't have every attribute memorized like a lot of guys around here. By the way, they weren't b checks I was pausing on... I was checking to see if they were CB/AI vs C checks.

And last thing guy, I always write ggs.

Timeouts lower the crowd effect if it's amped up.

Classic rom plays faster, as lighter players still get drafted higher && C/B still requires timing & precision to execute.

Blitz ROM just not as fun. That's my opinion backed by many in GDL, so the Classic ROM will stay as the GDL rom.

If an opening pops up in need of an A player, I'll setup a phone call so you & I can talk to make sure you aren't still some emotional train wreck incapable of handling basic conflict w/out quitting/creating crazy drama. Last I remember, you played great but seem to be missing a screw or two.

And EA, your a local Chicago guy & we've hung out a few times, & I'm a big fan, but you are coming off like a bit of a byatch in this post. Try to fine a good way to save some face && drop another funny line about Brutus's mama or something here!!!

Timeouts lower the crowd effect if it's amped up.

Classic rom plays faster, as lighter players still get drafted higher && C/B still requires timing & precision to execute.

Blitz ROM just not as fun. That's my opinion backed by many in GDL, so the Classic ROM will stay as the GDL rom.

If an opening pops up in need of an A player, I'll setup a phone call so you & I can talk to make sure you aren't still some emotional train wreck incapable of handling basic conflict w/out quitting/creating crazy drama. Last I remember, you played great but seem to be missing a screw or two.

And EA, your a local Chicago guy & we've hung out a few times, & I'm a big fan, but you are coming off like a bit of a byatch in this post. Try to fine a good way to save some face && drop another funny line about Brutus's mama or something here!!!

I'm sure I've complete more seasons than you've been part of. But thanks for the thought.

I'm sure I've complete more seasons than you've been part of. But thanks for the thought.

Which has nothing to do with anything. Brutus is the commish, so it is his decision who gets in. (And I am guessing it is not looking promising.)

Which has nothing to do with anything. Brutus is the commish, so it is his decision who gets in. (And I am guessing it is not looking promising.)

Well, just wanted to make things clear, I don't actually quit. Im sure theres a number of things you could say about me but that's not one of them.

Yeah, we, as in, GDL, are more interested in top talent at this stage of the game.

As long as he's not a quitter, I'm good w/ "dick". Gives me something to make fun of while I get drunk & make dumb videos.

I'll update waitlist to reflect things accordingly.