NHL'94 Forums

Retiring after GDL 14

Premium

GDL 14 will be my last season of online play here.

While I do enjoy playing the game, I never get to feel the intense burn of a competitive series like I did against Raph in Survivor, annatar in SDL, or TomKabs back in my GENS-B days.

I've won five draft titles (Blitz 09-11, GDL 11,13), and I have only won ONE game 7. I've only lost two, both in seven games and both times my teams weren't competitive (no shooters, lack of speed, etc.). Last time I missed the finals in any draft league was October 2013, since then I've made the finals six times in a row, and all five my titles were won during this streak.

For me, the fun and the motivation has been coming from the fact that I love to win. I still do love to win, but NHL '94 is just not relevant enough (yet, hopefully) for me to keep powering through.

I will finish GDL 14 in hopes of repeating and becoming a three-time champ, but win or lose, it's my last season.

Conrats on your great run little buddy. Your draft day comments and side shows will be missed no doubt.

Have to debate leaving you in the AIM chat like we did TK for GDL!!!

I'll plan on filling the Russian Rocket into your slot for the next GDL, as he wanted to wait for a "fresh start" to a season.

As for the adios to online, I think it's natural after a long stretch of domination to start to "fade off". I regret I'm not able to give you enough of a challenge. Wished my younger Brutus could be around to play the modern Plabax and see how that stacked up!! Either way, any Plabax to date has always killed me, and in some way, I'll miss those beatings!

Best of luck out there on your next gaming adventure :)

Conrats on your great run little buddy. Your draft day comments and side shows will be missed no doubt.

Have to debate leaving you in the AIM chat like we did TK for GDL!!!

I'll plan on filling the Russian Rocket into your slot for the next GDL, as he wanted to wait for a "fresh start" to a season.

As for the adios to online, I think it's natural after a long stretch of domination to start to "fade off". I regret I'm not able to give you enough of a challenge. Wished my younger Brutus could be around to play the modern Plabax and see how that stacked up!! Either way, any Plabax to date has always killed me, and in some way, I'll miss those beatings!

Best of luck out there on your next gaming adventure :)

This pretty much says it all for me as well, if you are truly retiring best of luck in future endeavors.