NHL'94 Forums

GDL GAMES-> SEASON ENDS FEB 29th @ 3:00 am eastern,(technically March 1st)

Brutus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need:

ZEPP X2[/size]

BO X4[/size]

ATOMIC RAVEN X 4 [/size]

LABS X2[/size]

BRUTUS X2[/size]

SOH X2[/size]

SICARIOUS X2

ASSTORM X2

Will be on tonight Habs and for anyone else that needs Pittsburgh

Got my games in w/ Beavers & Zep last night.

Zep & I had HORRIBLE, UNPLAYABLE LAG for the second straight time. So, we SWITCHED to server mode, and it worked like a charm. Server removes Hamachi as the connection between you & your opponent, and SOMETIMES, Hamachi is the issue. If you don't have lag with anyone else, your opponent doesn't have lag with others, but you have lag with each other, it's Hamachi.

To use Server, it's the same as playing 2v2. Go inside the Netplay option (requires OLD Kaillera), goto Client mode, click Excellent quality instead of lan, and try to find a site closest to one of the two of you (this is done by clicking on "Master Client List" & then clicking once on PING, and it sorts them by fastest connect for you to slowest. Figure out which city your opponent is playing in as well, and pick a site by you or him.) . You might need to test out a few sites to see which one gives you a strong enough connect, as 5v5 requires much more stronger connect to run in a playable format than 2v2.

Sometimes we forget about this option. Zep is in Baltimore & I'm in Chicago. Game 1 he hosted, and I picked us a New York site, as it was closer to him but I still had a decent PING to it. That went fairly smooth ESPECIALLY compared to the crap we were trying to use!. Game 2, we tried at the site in Chicago and it was fairly laggy again, even though it showed decent PING for us & mine was exceptional (11 PING). We reset and went back to the New York site, which was again smooth.

So, when using SERVER you some times need to test a few sites. We had an agreement to just quit if it was unplayable and start again at a different site.

Ok so I have had this problem now with three people as of late... I can only think to blame my slick new little router box the LRT214 which looked like quality, or at least gigabit and wired since I have two ceiling WAPs...

Anyway, ever since I put that thing in, I have had this problem creep up. It is basically like full on lag mode. It happened against Brutus, SOH, and Beavers. SOH and Beavers used the OLD KAILERRA with P2P and lag disappeared. I turned off the firewall mode. Didn't help.

It is only against certain people. If anyone has an idea on how this problem could propulgate, or how I could fix it please let me know.

Not sure who I have left but I am around.

Need to get some games in this weekend to avoid all the penalties coming down the pipeline.

Darko is in FRANCE. And he's usually easier to hook up with on weekends.

PM him in the forum. BOK said he'd be around this weekend as well. Labs has been here & there.

EA is fairly low on the totem pole, but has been posting his availability. He might have to try to get some OT in for GDL to make it work.

VC is Vocally Caged, or CamNeely on the forum, or Dan Snyder on AIM. I heard some guys asking.

ALSO< PLEASE RESPOND IN AIM TO REQUEST, EVEN IF YOU CAN'T PLAY!!!>

VC is Vocally Caged, or CamNeely on the forum, or Dan Snyder on AIM. I heard some guys asking.

Does he use AIM? I don't see any Dan Snyder in the GDL group? In the mean time I will PM CamNeely here on the forum.

He's in the GDL group chat bud.

Mine shows him as Dan Snyder. He's blue, so that means his AIM texts his phone if he's not on.

He's always responded to me within a day. Underneath the Dan Snyder, it says "vocallycaged". He's 3rd from last on the group, beneath Seth before Zalex.

I'm off today and have a little bit of time tonight. Not working nights the rest of this week, so...who wants to play?

Ok, today I am not free until after 9, which (in your PM) you said is too late.

Can we say tomorrow (Sunday) at 4pm EST?

I have a hockey game tonight at 11, so I'll probably be leaving home around 9:30. If you're around late (1 AM or so), we can play then. If not yeah I can probably be on around 4 tomorrow.

I have a hockey game tonight at 11, so I'll probably be leaving home around 9:30. If you're around late (1 AM or so), we can play then. If not yeah I can probably be on around 4 tomorrow.

1am is too late for me, but yeah 4pm tmr would be perfect! Thx!

Need Zalex for 3, VC for 4 each and then EA, RoBro, Ice for 2 each.

Edited by LABS_66

Ok I was there for 4pm today but guess u couldn'y make it. (You did say "probably" so I an not freaking out ;))

Still, u r my last games, and I am open to scheduling way in advance. As I say, 8-10pm EST is best but I will make exceptions if we plan ahead. Thx.

LEAP YEAR this year gives you slackers an extra day. Season ends @ 3 am on the 29th, which is technically March 1st on the east coast, but would still be the 29th out in California until the clock strikes 3.

PM BEFORE 3:00 am IF you have technical difficulties loading a game that was already played so I don't delete them if they are loaded after.