NHL'94 Forums

GDL XIV -> The Russian Rocket takes over for EA

Brutus

Season still ends Monday night at 3:00 am eastern.

FPB (Flaming Pavel Bure) is IN for Seattle & EA is OUT.

EA wasn't able to schedule any games despite effort from him, and his schedule doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the leagues schedule, so he won't be returning for GDL XIV.

CAN FPB & Yzerman make a crazy RUN at the playoffs????

Brutus was thinking of extending season a couple days.

I think it's critical to at least get games in vs beavers and sicarius as there's 1poiny separating them for the 8th seed.

No extensions. The playoffs for him would be a long shot anyhow.

EA had been posting and trying to finish his games up until the final week, and it became obvious he wasn't going to play his games, and I offered to have FPB help him finish them. During this texting exchange, EA let me know he was not going to renew for GDL XV. It was at this time that I made him full replacement with the chance to pull off a miracle and make the post season.

He's got real long odds. Main point is to cut down on the DNP's. Given everyone I speak to about being replaced has been saying, "NO" and they can get their games in, I'm not sure why I would have replaced anyone who did not quit??

As it stands, IMO, Seth, Plabax, Icestorm & Zeppelin are the clear class of that conference, and all 4 of their teams are better than the team FPB took over for, so I don't see that imbalancing the top 4. Obviously, Zepp's team has that goalie situation, but still, overall, I'd still play with his team than EA's.

In the end, commish made a big boy decision, and season still ends Monday night at 3:00 am eastern. You guys find a way to "live with it".

No extensions. The playoffs for him would be a long shot anyhow.

EA had been posting and trying to finish his games up until the final week, and it became obvious he wasn't going to play his games, and I offered to have FPB help him finish them. During this texting exchange, EA let me know he was not going to renew for GDL XV. It was at this time that I made him full replacement with the chance to pull off a miracle and make the post season.

He's got real long odds. Main point is to cut down on the DNP's. Given everyone I speak to about being replaced has been saying, "NO" and they can get their games in, I'm not sure why I would have replaced anyone who did not quit??

As it stands, IMO, Seth, Plabax, Icestorm & Zeppelin are the clear class of that conference, and all 4 of their teams are better than the team FPB took over for, so I don't see that imbalancing the top 4. Obviously, Zepp's team has that goalie situation, but still, overall, I'd still play with his team than EA's.

In the end, commish made a big boy decision, and season still ends Monday night at 3:00 am eastern. You guys find a way to "live with it".

Good call. Extending the season because of one coaching change just to upset the schedule of every other team is stupid. I could wake up dead tomorrow and then what was the point of me winning my division for the right to choke in the playoffs if they're delayed?

Yeah litteraly every other season besides GDL 7. Unless Robitaille, Recchi or Kilma somehow coiunt for top 3.

Also, Mogz, Bure, Roenick, Selanne > Yzerman

Actually.. Yzerman, Mogilny and Klima are the top 3 players. So, you have actually played with all top 3 players, but it hasn't been every season.

Roenick is overrated like always, and the funny thing is nobody ever uses him :lol:

EA and his schedule kind of caused this albeit a replacement prolly should've been made last week.

It's a weird thing to say that my schedule caused this... If I am misunderstanding your point, then I apologize. However, I want to be clear that I posted my availability every week throughout the season, even updating my schedule numerous times in some weeks. It wasn't until the last week of the season that many people reached out to me looking for games. I can't help that no one was around to play earlier or were able to schedule on my thread, despite Brutus giving a heads up to the league that this would be the best way to get games in with me as well. Though, I still would have done my best to get all my games in this evening with everyone that reached out to me to schedule over the past week and weekend while I was out of town.

I wish I had the time to dedicate to playing NHL as I once did and I would love to play in the next GDL... I think the talent is at an all-time high and it amazes me that new techniques constantly surface in this 20+ year game. It’s hard to believe 94 is still evolving but that’s what makes this game so exciting. At the same time, I don't want to hold things up for everyone b/c obviously my schedule will be an issue for others. I know how annoying it can be when you're online and you can never find those last couple guys. With that in mind, I tried to remain proactive with my scheduling thread so that situation wouldn't present itself but unfortunately, it didn't work out the way that I had hoped.

Thanks Brutus for running the smoothest season I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of… Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!

nothing personal in that Eric, just saying no one has ever attempted to schedule all their games like you did. Typically guys just find each other online and play, right or wrong.

BUSIEST TWO WEEKS OF A SEASON...

The first one and the last one.

Unfortunately for EA, he was OUT OF TOWN for opening week, AND happened to be least unavailable the LAST week.

First one cause guys are so excited to play with their new rosters post draft/trades, and last week because so many guys procrastinate till the very end.

That said, thanks for a valiant effort, and I do agree w/ Ice that it's not a normal format to post on the forum and ask guys to fit into your schedule.

Right or wrong, most of these guys do the "hey, we are both online now, so let's dance" method until the very end, and then freak out trying to jam games in.

EA, glad to have you, if only for one season with me. Look forward to getting together for some Chicago tourney some time in the near future. The live action is still the best by miles.