NHL'94 Forums

Deciphering Hot & Cold in VHL

aqualizard

Ok, I did some research, but got confused.

1. Are any patches applied to VHL thread to change Hot and Cold?

2. What does Hot and Cold mean, at least as far as the values that show up in Edit Lines?*

* I am pretty sure that the values that show up are not real? But do they at least show the "trend"? So if someone who is not fast shows up with a higher speed, will that translate to "Yes, his speed really is increased" for this game? Or is it all baloney?

Yes, Ron Barr's hot/cold rating is wrong (well, random). I didn't figure out how to fix it.

aqua: if you open the rom with the smozROM tool, it will actually tell you which hacks are applied.

aqua: if you open the rom with the smozROM tool, it will actually tell you which hacks are applied.

...the Edit Lines/Team Rosters screens work differently when showing you the player attribute ratings. These screens pick a different bonus for every attribute of every player. Consequently, these values are meaningless, other than being ballpark figures. They could be up to 17 points off from the actual value! (This quote taken from http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12074-how-to-make-the-edit-lines-ratings-match-the-actual-on-ice-ratings/ )

Just What I need, another utility to do some obscure thing related to this blasted game! (Just kidding Smoz, your work is much appreciated.)

Ok, so Skip, did you apply a patch? Because if you didn't, then the Smoz quote above indicates you cannot trust the Edit lines stats? (Or were you just saying they are "ballpark figures"?)

yes, I used Smoz' awesome, sicko, genius hacks! And as I stated - the edit lines is correct, so just check those. I feel it is best because some guys will use backup goalies, so it is nice to have an accurate look pre-game/during game. And since nobody is a huge baby, we don't need to worry about someone purposely de-synching because their guys are cold.