NHL'94 Forums

Is it a really a league or just exhibition?

c4outlaws

Hi everyone, this is my first official complaint thread. As most people know, I always finish my league seasons 100%. Yes, I love to play nhl94 but I don't revolve my life around it. But here is my story/complaint... Yes, it is a bunch of rambling so try to make sense if it. Years ago when I joined this site, I loved the fact that I could play in leagues with people around the world. BUT I always assumed league game would be played on a regular basis, similar to real hockey leagues. Yes, I know there are check points to try and get people to play. It didn't bug me at first but as every season goes by, I find myself getting more and more annoyed with guys who don't play their season games. I also hate when guys try to play all their games at the end. It's not fair to other coaches who want to finish their seasons but can't get a hold of the slackers. I squeeze in games when I get the chance but I know guys don't finish seasons. That's why I bug everyone right away to get my games in and I finish my seasons right away. Sometimes I pass on watching a tv show or movie on tv so I can play but that's not a huge sacrifice. I have kids like most coaches but I sign up for leagues to play games. Most guys sign up and take multiple weeks in between playing games. To me, that's no different than playing exhibition games. Honestly, if you want to be in a league then play your games on time! If you need to have large gaps between games or if you know you don't have the time then don't sign up. Leagues are NOT for the casual gamer. Exhibitions are for casual gamers and you can play those game at your own pace. Don't screw with the guys who enjoy the leagues. You ruin it for everyone else. Win or lose, it shouldn't matter. Even if you lose every game. If you sign up that's the risk you take but please play your games. Currently I am in a league with 3 guys that need 30+ games to finish their season and there is only 1 week left! Yes, most will think I am whining but all I am asking is that when you sign up for a league, make sure you have the time to play. If you don't then stick to playing exhibitions. The leagues these days have become nothing but exhibitions with stat tracking. Thanks for reading.

I am always, always COMPLETELY BLOWN away that guys don't bother to post, "Hey, I'm busy for a few days, few extra days, etc && can't do my games I committed to." At least take the time to tell your league mates you are going to stroke them.

I am more surprised that some guys after NOT playing their games, again SIGN UP AGAIN! for a second/third/4th time.

SO, if a commissioner has enough replacements, it's easier to push things along. BUT, in the SNES side, I think even getting enough guys together is an issue. Then, you are left with two choices, shrink the league or limp through it.

Either way, extremely valid rant.

I am more surprised that some guys after NOT playing their games, again SIGN UP AGAIN! for a second/third/4th time.

This is probably the part that bugs me the most. Either commit to the league or don't sign up at all. Lots of people have things that happen suddenly in their lives that affects their playing time and I understand. But the same people seem to slack every league they are in.

I'd fire the commish in this case and get someone else in there who knows what's going on in '94 land. ;)

That's the reason I ended up making seahag. It seemed like most people just wanted some exhibitions where they could track their stats, but no one ever ended up using it. It's still around as a relic (http://nhl94hockey.com/games/)

I stopped playing in leagues because of it as well. Too many unresponsive people. SUCH IS LIFE