NHL'94 Forums

How to edit team rating

manimal

This is a guide to editing team characteristics at the Ron Bar screen. This post is to indicated the area(s) where the stats can be changed but you will have to do the leg work finding out exactly where. Once you examine the photos what I am saying will make more sense.

Each teams stats begin in between one team and another.

In the photo below I have indicated the area for New York, I have changed all team characteristics to zero.

There are 14 number spots each representing team characteristics shooting, skating passing etc.

Y0aKFl5.jpg

The team characteristics in order follow as:

Powerplay 09

Home ice advantage 0001

Shooting 2

Skating 3

Passing 4

Defense 5

Checking 6

Fighting 7

Goalkeeping 8

Overall 9

These are just reference numbers I have used to identify which hex value is what. As you can see from the next photo although 09 is first followed by 0001, the in game screen shows shooting (2) and skating (3) first but 09 is rated for powerplay adv and 1 for home ice as in the hex value.

Ns6DzFT.jpg

This is how the in game shows the characteristics

Shooting 2

Skating 3

Passing 4

Defense 5

Checking 6

Fighting 7

Goalkeeping 8

Powerplay 09

Home ice advantage 0001

Overall 9

Numbers can be anywhere from 0-9 but (I believe) A1, A2 etc can be used which give double digits 10, 11, etc.

Each teams area will be a little different than the next. In the photo above you can see that the area for New York was around "......w

So most likely than not for New Jersey it will be around the "......R....hdg

You will have to play around with the exact areas of the hex but this can be used as a small guide.

Good stuff

Numbers can be anywhere from 0-9 but (I believe) A1, A2 etc can be used which give double digits 10, 11, etc.

A=10, B=11, C=12...F=15

(But I have no idea if the game will display those numbers)

You will find that the position of the team rating data is a constant distance from that "V.L.T" that marks the start of a teams' data block. So you could take the offset of the V, then use the calculator in Windows, switch to Programmer mode in the View menu, switch to Hex mode, write the offset of V in there, then +, then some number (I think it's 34 hex (52 dec)). Then use the Go To function (usually Ctrl+G) and copy/paste the address from the calculator.