NHL'94 Forums

Ninety Flow 2016 Playoffs ROM

tru

Ninety_Flow2016label.png

this is a 2016 playoffs ROM. I have a much-improved overall player rating formula, so I think this is by far the best and most thorough Ninety Flow ROM yet. that typed, I'm sure there is still at least one mistake yet to be corrected. I am always seeking help and comments; if anything at all seems wrong, please report it to me. there is a reward.

if you want to see your player more clearly, you can activate the multitap option and use the shadow colors from the other end of the visible spectrum. a post from last season's playoff thread has directions for easily creating alternate versions of this thing with some combinations of the removed player indicators added back.

feel free to do any further alterations you want, like other combinations of those indicators or setting up alternate playoffs or two-on-two or adding yourself or whatever. if you do make changes, please share the files.

have fun!

---

if you don't agree to every term that follows below, don't download a copy.
[1] - the copy you download is for your non-commercial personal use
[2] - you will not use this file in any way for personal gains beyond entertainment nor will you profit financially from its use
[3] - any possible adverse effects to your computer (and the systems networked with it) that may be the result of downloading and executing the file are your risks that are to be remedied at nobody's expense beyond your own

---

the file was updated on May 13th, 2016: NinetyFlow2016.smc

---

aside from critiques, criticisms, comments and corrections, I'm hoping to get help with:
-changing fatigue and rest rates
-setting player card pictures to match handednesses
-removing uniform colors from stopping snowspray
-getting the team in the West Stars slot to display correctly in the playoffs brackets
-expansion of roster space
-expansion to 30 teams
-figuring out any physics hacks
-getting goalies freed to roam further
-addition of one space between initial and name in game stars popup, statistics lists
-removal of logos and copyrights
-having a popup after goals and in last two minutes instead of the constant scoreboard overlay
-adding more selectable options when changing lines
-having a time clock with real speed instead of the fast ticking
if you can help me make this thing better, please volunteer your services. if this ROM can help you develop your skills/projects, please use it in any way that you see fit, short of pulling a profit.

---

NinetyFlow2016 is available for the purpose of preservation and archival reproduction and is protected under ruling 1201 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 11/27/06. the administratively created anti-circumvention exemption amendment is applicable to this file as stated in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act H.R. 2281: "computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and that require the original media or hardon as a condition of access, when circumvention is accomplished for the purpose of preservation or archival reproduction of published digital works by a library or archive. a format shall be considered obsolete if the machine or system necessary to render perceptible a work stored in that format is no longer manufactured or is no longer reasonably available in the commercial marketplace." the hardware required to operate NinetyFlow2016 and its technology have been obsolete and commercially unavailable for well over a decade. the cessation of development and production of said obsolete hardware indisputably aligns NinetyFlow2016 with the anti-circumvention exemption amendment.

Edited by tru
  • Like 1

updated. missed Nugent-Hopkins on the "best" line, where punctuation like his cannot be. I fixed it, reuploaded the ROM file and tucked the update into the original post. please let me know if you encounter anything else that isn't right.

there is a bounty on my game: I will mail a reward to anybody who finds and reports errors in weights, jersey numbers, handedness, spelling.

wow, wow, wow.

I got a custom-made cartridge, of a previous season's ROM, a few years ago, from a member no longer around. it needed to be redone because it didn't work 94% of the time. it was made form a donor cartridge. it had an okay label.

this one, that I received in the mail today, is perfect. it's got a killer label. it's made of entirely new parts. it works exactly like it should.

we have a cartridge maker among us. I hope he sticks around and decides to offer up his services to the community. if he does, you will not be disappointed. I am abandoning my own attempts to make these things, because it isn't easy and I will not do this well.

I'm not really satisfied with my old ROMs anymore, as small errors I missed went unfixed until I forgot what they were, and my formulae have improved significantly since those were created, but... I think I may have hard copies made for a full on-shelf collection.

the ROM file was updated today to adhere to playoff bracket advantage/location flow.

also, somebody posted a link to my site on reddit and pushed mad traffic at me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/4iv7vo/won_a_facebook_contest_a_few_weeks_ago_now_i_have/d31zyax

and again: http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/4l2wie/why_obsessed_hockey_fans_are_updating_nhl_2004/d3k12e0

Edited by tru

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody have any issues to address before I file this sucker away and consider it to be "done" for real?

and it's not like Barry will ever see any action, either. yeah, those would go in the "if I do an update" bin. I just played against them tonight and considered putting Murray first. thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2016 at 4:21 PM, tru said:

wow, wow, wow.

I got a custom-made cartridge, of a previous season's ROM, a few years ago, from a member no longer around. it needed to be redone because it didn't work 94% of the time. it was made form a donor cartridge. it had an okay label.

this one, that I received in the mail today, is perfect. it's got a killer label. it's made of entirely new parts. it works exactly like it should.

we have a cartridge maker among us. I hope he sticks around and decides to offer up his services to the community. if he does, you will not be disappointed. I am abandoning my own attempts to make these things, because it isn't easy and I will not do this well.

I'm not really satisfied with my old ROMs anymore, as small errors I missed went unfixed until I forgot what they were, and my formulae have improved significantly since those were created, but... I think I may have hard copies made for a full on-shelf collection.

Hi There,

How would I go about getting one of those? I still have my SNES from when I was a kid and would love to get a copy of this to play on there.
Help?

Edited by PenguinFan1985

• 3 months later...

there are plenty of folks (check etsy) making cartridges.  can be very expensive.  send them a used NHL '94 cartridge and the ROM file.  pay.  get game in hard copy format.  have fun!

• Thanks 1