NHL'94 Forums

Eliteserien 95 & 96

I wanted to mention, has anyone tried these two games? (Many of the NHL games from the 2000's have international leagues, but I think this was one of the first, however, it was made and only released in Sweden, as I checked online)

post-8989-0-92335200-1462596433_thumb.jppost-8989-0-80517300-1462596454_thumb.jp

Edited by GusIslander

I wanted to mention, has anyone tried these two games? (Many of the NHL games from the 2000's have international leagues, but I think this was one of the first, however, it was made and only released in Sweden, as I checked online)

attachicon.gifelitserien95__158068525.jpgattachicon.gif6861345f-f087-4a7a-8c07-db7ff5b07100.jpg

Same game with different rosters essentially

For the most part, it's a horribly underrated franchise, I truly would have loved to view where they would have taken the Elitserien series, I guess that it wasn't selling all too well and probably would explain why Elitserien '97 was never made, although they were made available as an add~on for NHL 200I and have been in every installment as of NHL '04.

'96 is the only title worth playing out of the two, if I had to say, you boot up the game in NTSC Mode and you will have a rather fun time, better speed and traction control, in my personal view of it; the only downside about '96 though is actually the fact that they had taken out all of the organ music, I guess that they don't use the such in Sweden, but I cannot confirm nor deny that at the time of this post, still a rather odd modification nonetheless.

• 1 year later...

I own copies of both but don't have a PAL Mega Drive to play them on - so they go into the Retron 5 for now when I want to play them. Always loved the Swedish take on the 16-bit NHL series, a lot of fun really. I also own both Elitserien 2001 and SM Liiga 2001 for PC, both of these (didn't matter if you had the Swedish or Finnish release) added the Elitserien and Liiga to NHL 2001 for the PC. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...