NHL'94 Forums

S16 - CBK takes over Chicago

kingraph

J&J gives up his spot to CBK, as life is slamming. Before any flames are thrown, J&J was very willing to finish up the season. :)

Site is set up, AIM chats updated, and CBK takes one of the top teams! GALUQ!

I played CBK in VHL, and it was hardly an "ex" player, tbh.

Unless he intentionally PUNTED 4 league games just to keep his "facade" of being someone else, I found his play to be a B level all the way, WHICH is to be expected for a new guy. I hope he keeps playing and developing despite some of the BS you come across on this site. (I also hope in the future he doesn't get so pissed at losing that he quits on the next guy with a minute left in the game like the BS I ran into, but he definitely is not an "ex" NHL94'er.)

He's 10--27 in the VHL, and it's pretty insulting to a new guy to imply he's someone else, etc.

Tk, at least look at his record before typing that garbage.

I played CBK in VHL, and it was hardly an "ex" player, tbh.

Unless he intentionally PUNTED 4 league games just to keep his "facade" of being someone else, I found his play to be a B level all the way, WHICH is to be expected for a new guy. I hope he keeps playing and developing despite some of the BS you come across on this site. (I also hope in the future he doesn't get so pissed at losing that he quits on the next guy with a minute left in the game like the BS I ran into, but he definitely is not an "ex" NHL94'er.)

He's 10--27 in the VHL, and it's pretty insulting to a new guy to imply he's someone else, etc.

Tk, at least look at his record before typing that garbage.

He acted like a real jerk to me, which was so uncharacteristic of a new player. I've never ran into a new guy that was impolite, both word wise and play wise by dropping with like 3 mins left in the 3rd.

I don't mind trashing him after he pulls that kind of bs. Not to mention that CB_Kid is like the most suspicious name imaginable.

Okay maybe he's not Houly, but there's lots of old vets who were B level players for their careers. Could be anyone

Not all experienced players are good at the game. Just because someone doesn't have a winning record or plays at a "B" level, it doesn't mean they aren't an old vet.

I think being accused of being another player is a compliment and not an insult, as most new guys are terrible.

You also never know. I went 12-27 in GENS A with Pittsburgh despite being one of the better players.

Edited by Premium

Unless he was punting games in a league to keep his so called fake identity a secret, he definitely has not played online before.

I've found plenty of new guys to have enough gaming experience to know how to respond to chatter they don't like.

I think a lot of guys we come across on this site were guys who don't always play online games but used to play nhl94.

They tend to be polite & greatful just to be playing a game they used to love again.

Then guys who play other games online & come across this site/game, they aren't so greatful/courteous. They are seasoned from other online leagues/games/forums & are likely to be rude if they don't like what you say or feel the game is not worth finishing.

But to me, I don't see this ex-nhl94 conspiracy having any merit. And definitely any time you get back to back TK then Plabax post in agreement, you know it's all b.s.!!!'

Also, not finishing your games is total b.s. I would not add CB into GDL after he quit on me in VHL. He's scratched from my list.

That stuff is straight garbage, but not a ex-nhl94 exclusive trait.

I am disappointed to hear CBK is acting like a jerk and not finishing games when he is losing, and (possibly) being rude in chat. I played some exis with him, and chatted at length, and he seemed like a good guy to me. (He is around my skill level, so maybe his true colors only come out when he gets beat soundly, which I can't do?) I think I even recommended to King Raph that he be a replacement coach before Mav. Turns out they may have similar "quirks". (And both are replacements now, too.)

This community is like real life: 15% really decent guys I would love to grab a beer with, 70% regular Joes, and 15% jerks. I wonder if one of the "difficult types" can turn it around and and at least be civil? (Can a leopard change his spots?)

Rude newcomers are not a thing.. I think most would put money on that. Where are the "plenty" of new guys responding to chatter they don't like? I don't think anyone in the history of this community would agree with your statements.. I've been playing here since Fall 2011 and I've never had any problems with the 100+ newcomers I've played with. Unless you are provoking the noobs(?), I don't see how you could even get them to engage in chatter they don't like.

Rude newcomers are not a thing.. I think most would put money on that. Where are the "plenty" of new guys responding to chatter they don't like? I don't think anyone in the history of this community would agree with your statements.. I've been playing here since Fall 2011 and I've never had any problems with the 100+ newcomers I've played with. Unless you are provoking the noobs(?), I don't see how you could even get them to engage in chatter they don't like.

You regularly lose grips with reality and go diving down holes I can't imagine. "I don't think anyone in the history of this community would agree with your statements."??? Just by me making the statement, there is already one who does believe this to be true.

I'd bother arguing w/ you over it, but then I'd have to read one of your dumb responses, and I do try to avoid that.