NHL'94 Forums

[Aug 13, 2016 - Long Island, NY] - Long Island Retro Gaming Expo

Mark your calendars! AUGUST 13th, 2016! As banditra101801 posted, we are officially having a Sega Genesis Tournament at the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo. Anyone in the tri-state should attend!

Evan, Chaos and I will be running the tournament, and we'll get more details out as we get closer to the tourney.

EILUrzR.png

post-2578-0-38310200-1463692937_thumb.pn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to mods: I'm gonna sticky/pin any upcoming tourneys. If I missed any, please also sticky them!

Also, put the date, location, and tourney name in the title please!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, I should be able to attend. Any plans on coming back to CT this year? I may be able to recruit a few of my old 94/95 buddies to participate.

SDOGG....

PS

I will practice my NHL and drinking skills prior to this event :grimace:

• 2 weeks later...

90% sure I'm gong to this one. Can't make it anymore :(:(

The World Series one in Houston sounds really cool, and I hope some south/western buds go, but this one is a one-day tourney within driving distance for me, much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, running list of '94 community members I can expect to see at the tourney so far:

* Evan - maybe

* Chaos

* kingraph

* FlamingPavelBure - maybe

* Sdogg

* smozoma - 90% chance

* Mikey - 62.45% chance

Other tri-state folks who MAY come? Lupz27, TexasPachyderm, eggink, Zeppelin, AddisonBR, IceStorm, Uncle Seth? Pittsburgh buds?

Any info on the expected total number of participants at the tourney? (not just forum buds)

Well, we (myself, Chaos, Evan) started out with a goal of getting 32 to sign up and play. Basically 50% of KO94 for Genesis. We're planning on 8 dedicated '94 stations.

Given this expo attracted hundreds of people last year, more expected in year 2, and some promotion for the '94 tournament, this sounds feasible. Still working out the details, but we are going to be flexible based on how many sign-ups we get.

I'm about 98% going now. I sure hope Evan and his Father can make it... Would be great for the film ;)

Also kingraph, is it possible to check to see if i'm aloud to film at the expo, both the tourney and the event?

I'm about 98% going now. I sure hope Evan and his Father can make it... Would be great for the film ;)

Also kingraph, is it possible to check to see if i'm aloud to film at the expo, both the tourney and the event?

I'll confirm with the folks, and if you want to get in contact with them directly, just lemme know. We'll chat.

• 3 weeks later...

Kicking tires on this tourney option.

Do we KNOW estimate on how long it will take?

Also, at King of '94 in Toronto, we all ended up in a suite gaming till we got kicked out (lol).

There wasn't a "suite" option at say Upsky (hotel venue for tourney in Long Island), but down the road, there is one at a different hotel.

Anyone thinking something like this would be a good idea, or are people going to want to head to NYC for a Saturday night???

Let me know. I'm on the fence, and trying to come up with a gameplan if I did go, how many days and what I'd do when I'm not beating you clowns at the tourney :)

What time does the tourney start? I am working nights, I can take Saturday night ogg, but if it starts at like noon I wouldn't be able to make it between commute and working the night before I would need some sleep, and an earl start kills this for me. 3 or later I'd be like 50/50.

The doors open at 10 for the expo, there will be a tourney registration desk, and we'll likely start the tourney around noon or 1. I'm coordinating with the Tecmo guys, we want to stagger our tournies so people can participate in both.

Awesome, running list of '94 community members I can expect to see at the tourney so far:

* Evan - maybe

* Chaos

* kingraph

* FlamingPavelBure - maybe

* Sdogg

* smozoma - 90% chance

* Mikey - 62.45% chance

Other tri-state folks who MAY come? Lupz27, TexasPachyderm, eggink, Zeppelin, AddisonBR, IceStorm, Uncle Seth? Pittsburgh buds?

I might be able to do it. Depends on work mostly.

• 2 weeks later...

So long story short, I was gonna secretly crash the party at the expo and show up for the tournament. Unfortunately because of some changes in the original plan I'm going to let every one in on the fact that I will be showing up still because the ticket has been purchased and theres no way I'm cancelling.

With that said, NY is very expensive...does anyone want to house AJ for a day or two? I'll mostly be out and about watching baseball games and such but if anyone has a spare basement, truck bed, tent, whatever that I can sleep in. I'd be much obliged.

Holy mother of god this thing is way out on long Island. I found a place to stay so that's covered.

Can anyone give me a ride? I'll be in long Island city but can move around to be easier to pick up

I can pick you up, but it will be early and you have to help me set up :)