NHL'94 Forums

NHL'94 for the Iphone

RS18

Sorry if this was posted already, I didn't see it when I looked around.

I wonder why they haven't done this yet? Even make an adapter for it? NHL'94 were me college years(yes, I am an old dude lol) it is the best one they ever made, we played it until the damn game died back then or someone broke the unit, but it was the only game that was a constant(well, that and Madden '91)

Give a shout if you have any inside info on this and thank you!

--old dude

Hey, welcome.

You can get a SNES emulator for your phone and then get the ROM from this forum.

edit: hmm not quite as straight-forward as on android, but google for it and there must be some way to to do it?

It works for me.

I paid I think $10 per year to download emulators for iPhone from this site:

http://builds.io/?

The MeSNEmu emulator is great for playing SNES games. They have Genesis and other ones too. My Bluetooth NES controller is compatible with the emulator too. The biggest issue is that they're not usually compatible with the latest iOS. Right now I'm running 9.2.1 and it works. But for a while it didn't. It's like they're always trying to catch up to the latest iOS. It stopped working on my iPad and o can't figure out why. It's worth a shot though!

It works for me.

I paid I think $10 per year to download emulators for iPhone from this site:

http://builds.io/?

The MeSNEmu emulator is great for playing SNES games. They have Genesis and other ones too. My Bluetooth NES controller is compatible with the emulator too. The biggest issue is that they're not usually compatible with the latest iOS. Right now I'm running 9.2.1 and it works. But for a while it didn't. It's like they're always trying to catch up to the latest iOS. It stopped working on my iPad and o can't figure out why. It's worth a shot though!

I have GBA4iOS for my iPhone which I used my Macbook to sideload. What's happening is that these apps are not authorized by Apple and thus have "developer certifications" which are revoked after a certain amount of time. I found that whereas when I was downloading GBA4iOS from iem.us (which collaborates with builds.io) the certification would lapse after sometimes a couple days, sideloading it via my Mac would assure me a week's worth of availability.

Without getting into the finer details, the long and short of it is that emulators will likely never be authorized by Apple due to the erring on the side of caution with respect to copyright infringement. To that extent, emulator apps that circumvent this certification process may never be as fully developed with netplay and other, deeper features.

There is plenty of Gens emulators on Android, and works fine when downloading any .bin file from here, not sure about the Iphone.

• 3 weeks later...