NHL'94 Forums

B level player Tourney - NOT fast paced

OK. B to A- level players (if you aren't elite, then that's you/us) are allowed. NO A to A+ level players allowed.

The pace is for anyone who plays. Each series will be a best of 7. You will have 1 week to play your opponent. There will be no re-seeding, so I will draw up an actual tournament sheet, take a pic and post it on the site to follow along with as we go.

It will be TRIPLE ELIMINATION, unless too many sign up. Then it will go down to DOUBLE. There will be no save states or stats saved. You just post in the thread we will create the results and scores with your defeated opponent confirming them.

If you are in, then state you are in response below. ALL people who sign up that are not A level will be allowed. I will allow a week for people to sign up, and then start the Tourney next Monday. So, if you won't be around next week to play your series, you will be in the losers bracket for week 2.

What kind of team(s) will be in this tourney?

Ok, here is the cool part. GDL has had 15 drafts run that has enabled us to assemble each players AVERAGE DRAFT POSITION, or ADP. GDL uses 24 teams in a draft. So, 288 picks fills up 12 players on 24 teams.

So, I will rank out all the players #1-#288 using ADP from the past 3 seasons.

You then CHOOSE a draft position (#1, #2, #24, etc), and pick your team as if the COMPUTER is auto-drafting all the other 23 teams using ADP. You are not competing against any other humans in the draft, and as such, there will be no surprise picks. You know exactly where Eddy Belfour will fall, or Roy or Bourque or Housley, or Bure. If you want them, you will need to adjust your drafting position to fit the team you can, but only can draft what falls in range for that draft position.

Example, I set my team to pick #1. I can choose ANYONE, as all the players are available.

Example #2, I set my team to pick #4. For my first pick, I can draft anyone not named JR, Mogilny or Yzerman.

Now, in Rd 2, it is a snake draft, so you if you pick #1 in Rd 1, you pick 2.24 in Round 2. Anyone w/ an ADP of 48 or below will be available. Anyone ranked HIGHER than 48, is NOT.

Repeat this till you have your squad and you would post your team and your edited lines and number corrections as needed.

We may have several teams with the same draft position, and even have multiple teams with JR, or multiple teams with Mogilny. This is OK.

It's a non-stat saving tourney and it is for you to test out a draft team built by you after choosing your draft position and by choosing your players available to you. Some may find the perfect makeup is at pick #1.14 and then 2.13 on the way back.

Created a Google Doc that shows the player rankings on one page & player ratings on the other.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KCn4_1_c0j0RqviDhCyLWlHgO4PXk-y5CVmrchvu3GA/edit#gid=837413406

HERE is the GOOGLE DOC:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KCn4_1_c0j0RqviDhCyLWlHgO4PXk-y5CVmrchvu3GA/edit#gid=837413406

Included in this are team examples, player ratings and a player rankings.

I will send out the invite to try to get more B/A- guys involved in this.

Anyone STILL confused, send me a PM with questions.

So I think I understand it now. I am going to pick JR. So My picks will be:

#1 1.1 JR

#2 Anything from 2.24 on
#3 Anything from 3.1 on

#4 Anything from 4.24 on
#5 Anything from 5.1 on

#6 Anything from 6.24 on
#7 Anything from 7.1 on

#8 Anything from 8.24 on

...etc.

Got it, right?

So I think I understand it now. I am going to pick JR. So My picks will be:

#1 1.1 JR

#2 Anything from 2.24 on

#3 Anything from 3.1 on

#4 Anything from 4.24 on

#5 Anything from 5.1 on

#6 Anything from 6.24 on

#7 Anything from 7.1 on

#8 Anything from 8.24 on

...etc.

Got it, right?

Bingo

You need 12 picks in total, regardless of slot you use.

You need 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, && 2 goalies.

You can take your goalies in Rd 1, or in Rd 12. It's your team, but no 3 goalies and no 7 forwards, etc.

Ok, with Hokkee out, I'll drop out to make it an even tourney, but still set it up some time today/tonight.

The following guys are in:

1. Aqua
2. Jer
3. Lupz
4.Tex
5. Fett
6. JV
7. Orangeblack
8. Labs
9. Mikey_Mac94
10. CBK26

Working on my team right now - this is more frustrating than drafting, too many options lol!

I'm away From July 30 - Aug 7 on holiday, so depending on when this starts up I'll need to get caught up.

If that won't work, feel free to move on without me.

Jer

TEAM: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

1.7 - Mike Gartner
2.18 - Andrei Kovalenko
3.7 - Nicklas Lidstrom
4.18 - Mike Richter
5.7 - JJ Daignault
6.18 - Bruce Driver
7.7 - Joe Mullen
8.18 - Mike Ridley
9.7 - Jari Kurri
10.18 - Garth Butcher