NHL'94 Forums

Minor updates to NHL94online.com

I made some minor updates:

• Goalie GAA - This is now calculated properly for Season Stats, basically using the formula: Goals Allowed / ((GP * TOI Average) / Regulation Game Time). The box score GAA has also been updated to display this as well. This has been applied to both Genesis and SNES (though SNES is a little more complicated, due to lack of actual TOI tracked in the game), and all previous leagues' season GAAs have been adjusted.
  • Team GAA, GFA - This has been changed to GA / GP and GF / GP. These are how the stats are kept by the NHL. Link to NHL.com Stats Page. All previous seasons have been adjusted, and All-Time Stats have been adjusted. Also, all pages displaying the stats have been updated to reflect this change.
  • Team Schedule - I made this a little more easier to read (why it took me this long to do this, don't ask). Everyone's schedule has been organized to show all the Home games first, and the Away games last. Both Home and Away games have been listed alphabetically, so it is much easier to see how many games of each you have against another coach.

The site is looking a little long in the tooth, and I plan on updating the look of it over the rest of the summer. It will have the same look as the front page of nhl94.com. I plan to make it more mobile friendly. I also need to update the database code, as it is now depreciated, but this can all be done without disrupting any leagues.

Once this is done, I do plan on adding some more stat pages, specifically Player Stat pages showing a player's history in leagues on the site, a picture of the player (probably use Raph's pics from GDL ROM) and their attributes.

sweet news! Thanks Chaos.

The detail-oriented part of me notices a few things I'd change.

- Can we get a GDIF stat category in all-time standings and on league stats? It is a pretty important stat IMO.

- Also, can we get win % and save % changed from for example 0.752 to read 75.2? PP, PK, PS, & SPCT all have the latter.

- Do we need the .0 in the team points column? There are no fractions of points awarded to anyone in terms of wins/losses/ties. I know, nitpicking on this last one but can't help it haha.

Edited by Uncle Seth

- Can we get a GDIF stat category in all-time standings and on league stats? It is a pretty important stat IMO.

- Also, can we get win % and save % changed from for example 0.752 to read 75.2? PP, PK, PS, & SPCT all have the latter.

- Do we need the .0 in the team points column? There are no fractions of points awarded to anyone in terms of wins/losses/ties. I know, nitpicking on this last one but can't help it haha.

- Love GDIF, a gotta-have! ESPN's website drives me nuts in that, while it does have GDIF columns, they are never sortable.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring/year/2016/seasontype/2

- While of course not actually a percent when shown in decimal form, the decimal form for W% and Sv% is pretty standard.

Yes, agree with both smoz and Raph on your points. I will add the GDIF, I agree with it being an important stat.

Win % and Sv% are standard the way they are displayed across all sports.

The ".0" is because of Blitz. 0.5 was given for OT loss, 1.5 for a OT win. I left it in there in case there are future leagues that would use a similar point system.

I appreciate the thanks guys!

The #1 thing that needs to be fixed... Whenever you switch between regular season/playoffs or scoring/goaltending it sorts back to the default category!!!

That and everything opens in new tabs :(

Finally the GFA and GAA numbers are true. It's neat to see the new averages for sure.

The #1 thing that needs to be fixed... Whenever you switch between regular season/playoffs or scoring/goaltending it sorts back to the default category!!!

That and everything opens in new tabs :(

Finally the GFA and GAA numbers are true. It's neat to see the new averages for sure.

I'll work on this. Opening new pages in tabs was my personal preference, but I'll change it.

Appreciate the feedback. Please keep it coming! New ideas are welcome!