NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 Haters

• 4 weeks later...

I played in CoachMac's 92 league earlier this year and imo fighting was more of a waste of time than it was fun. Sure, the first couple are fun, but each and every fight triggered after that is just a delay in the game and annoying.

In other words, I like '94 without the fighting, and even if it was in the game I would turn it off.

i tried copying the hex code from 93 and put it in 94 to see what would happen, but i dont know how to correct the checksum

If you open the rom and save it in NOSE, it removes the checksum routine, but...

Believe me.. that little section of data will not instantly enable fighting...

Also you can't just grab code from one game and insert it into another because either you are overwriting something important, or you are breaking all the offset references by changing the locations of the code that follows the copied code...

This discussion does have me wondering... I wonder if at any point in the build there was a version of NHL '94 or '95 or the PC versions (NHL Hockey or NHL '95) that had fighting within it.

Fighting did comeback in the PC and console versions of NHL '96. I wonder at what point fighting was scrapped from '94. Somebody who worked on the game must be lurking these forums... spit the information out.

Would be cool if EA just let the beta versions or builds of the game loose out there, but that's wishful thinking.

This discussion does have me wondering... I wonder if at any point in the build there was a version of NHL '94 or '95 or the PC versions (NHL Hockey or NHL '95) that had fighting within it.

Fighting did comeback in the PC and console versions of NHL '96. I wonder at what point fighting was scrapped from '94. Somebody who worked on the game must be lurking these forums... spit the information out.

Would be cool if EA just let the beta versions or builds of the game loose out there, but that's wishful thinking.

I recall reading that fighting was removed rather late in development, but I might be remembering wrong...