NHL'94 Forums

Extracting Stats to HTML / Excel

malachku

i have created a web page that you can post a gamesave or alpha file to, and it will spit out the game stats to an html page or an excel spreadsheet. there are a couple of notes to use this.

1. You must be using macks most recent rom file. Get it here

2. It doesn't seem to work with gens+ (it was tested and worked in gens 2.14, 2.11, gens fe, and gens 1.62)

Instructions:

When you finish your game, at the Exit Game screen (scoreboard with the zamboni going by), press F5 to do a quick save, or click file, quick save.

Note where the file saved. If you used the quick save method, the save file will be in your emulator folder/save/

Now, go to http://oshlhockey.com/excel/addnew.php

Load your file, and select the output method (formatting in excel leaves a little to be desired)

I am also using this method to populate my database for the OSHL

BIG thanks to dmitry, and all who posted info in this thread

Feedback is welcome!

Very nice indeed.

Does this work during netplay? It would be cool if this could be implimented in leage play to capture replays of goals during playoff games, I woud watch them for sure.

btw: great site Malachku.

thanks for the feedback. yes, this should work in netplay (have never tried it out, but i think you need to use v1.62 and do the save alpha). maybe someone can try it out with different versions after a netplay game and let me know.

i did some furthur testing and found that it worked with most versions of gens. (tested it in 2.14, 2.11 and GensFE using the quick save method). I do know that it does not work with gens+.

i'm not sure what you mean re: "capture replays of goals".

• 2 weeks later...

He may mean, editing it so that every 'animation' of each goal in the game is recorded, some sort of highlight reel. That would be cool, but seems like a big job.

As for ongoing stats, the program keeps track of stats for just the 1 game, but it's not very hard to make an ongoing database from that information with excel.