NHL'94 Forums

2016 Fall Classic League Registration Begins

chaos

Fall '16 Classic League Registration!

Register HERE

For those of you who have registered on the NHL94Online site before, then registration will be easy. You just need to choose "Yes" for the question "Have you registered for a league before?", type in your site user name and password (NOTE: This is different than your forum password and user name, unless you made it the same), and choose the league you will be joining (right now, you can select Genesis or SNES). Then, hit "Submit" and you will be placed on the waiting list. It's that easy.

For those of you who have not registered on the NHL94Online site before, then there is a little more info needed to complete registration. You need to choose "No" for the question "Have you registered for a league before?" and enter a user name and password (it's common to use the same user name as your forum name or AIM name). You will also be asked to fill out some more information about yourself (email, location, timezone, AIM Name, system preference). Then choose the league you will be joining (GENS or SNES). Then hit "Submit" and you will be placed on the waiting list. You will then need to play a test game to make sure your connection is set up properly. This does not affect your place on the waiting list, but you cannot play in the league without playing the test game. If you have played in other online leagues before, you are technically confirmed already. Please PM or email me (chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com) and I will change you to Confirmed status.

Registration deadline will be Friday, September 30th. At that point, we will hold a Team Selection Draft, time TBD. The draft order will be randomized, and will run over the weekend. After the draft is completed for each league, the schedules will be released and the league will begin. If everything goes smoothly, the league will start the following Monday after the draft.

LEAGUE INFO

This season we will be having 40 game seasons. There will be no limit on registration this season (last season we limited the number of teams per league). We will divide the registrants up into different League Levels based on skill and experience in online leagues. The different League Levels will be decided after registration is over. If you register after the registration period is over, you will be placed on the Waiting List for the league. Don't worry if you end up on the Waiting List, there is a strong chance you will end up taking over a team during the season!

40 game leagues will have the same 6 games/wk checkpoints as the past few seasons.

You CAN NOT sign up for multiple league levels (i.e. GENS and SNES). Only those who are reliable will be allowed to do so, at the discretion of us admins. This will allow you to concentrate on one league.

For those coaches that are new, I suggest practicing and becoming familiar with a few teams. This way, you will have multiple teams on your "Draft Board" to select from during the Team Selection Draft. You can contact any veteran coach to play some exhibition games, or practice against the computer. Please post here or in the Introduction Thread after you register, so we can then add you to the AIM Blast Group. It will be easier to contact other coaches in the Blast Group.

Good luck! If there are any questions or problems, feel free to PM us or email us at chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com, KingRaph at kingraph[at]nhl94[dot]com, halifax[at]nhl94[dot]com.

NOTE: Hopefully you are using the new LogMeIn Hamachi client. You can get it from the Downloads section on the front page of nhl94online.com. There is no need to remove the previous version, as the installer will remove it and keep the settings from the older version. You will also need to create a LogMeIn account (free). Hamachi needs to be linked to your LogMeIn account. You can create one after installing Hamachi. Once you start up the new version, it will ask you to sign up. Please check the "Getting Started" page (link at bottom of this post) for some info on how to use the new Hamachi setup.

INFORMATION FOR NEW GUYS

If you are new to the league, welcome! We are a big brotherly community here, and there are a number of guys who are always around willing to help the new guys out. First things first, you need to register for NHL94.com (this site), as well as on the nhl94online.com site (registration link at the beginning of this post). It is also required to have an AIM screen name, since that is the main method of communication for scheduling games. Once you are registered, the next step is to set up a test game. You can use the forum links below and post your availability. One of the veterans will send you a PM or a message on AIM (or feel free to add some veterans onto your AIM list and message them yourselves). A test game needs to be played in order to make sure your emulator/network settings are correct. Once the test game is played, the veteran will confirm you on the nhl94online site. Once this is done, you are set until the season starts. A few days before the season starts, we will be holding a Team Selection Draft to choose teams. The draft will be held in the forums, so please make sure you register! An email will be sent out to all registrants once the Draft date has been selected, so it is important to register using an email you commonly check (also check your Spam or Junk folder). Once teams are selected, the schedules will be put up on the site and you can start playing your games. There will be another post announcing the start of the season, with information on how to log games, contact other coaches, and how to make the playoffs.

Everything you need to play can be downloaded in one package (for either GENS or SNES) from the nhl94online.com site. On the main page of the site, the Downloads section is located bottom right. You will also have to download Hamachi separately (also located in the same Downloads section).

I hope we get some new guys who recently participated in the King of '94 tournament!!

Again, if you have any questions, please email me (chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com) or PM me via the forums.

Getting Started Online - Hamachi setup and netplay - Getting Started
Rules - Rules
Genesis Test Games - Post Here
SNES Test Games - Post Here
View the Waiting List here

I got an excellent old laptop for free that runs windows xp and plays 94 like a dream.

No more Play on a Mac for Coach mac.

Can't wait to try it.

I need to be added back to Gens Group Chat on AIM please.

Looking forward to Classic.

That's awesome news! I added you to the group chat.

I would rather have 10 committed buds than a bunch of slackers but still, team SNES, we are missing some people. Come on.

Can anyone get in touch with stheds and 90Jacket? Shame not to have either of them playing. Any other people on the fence? Also fenty needs to sign up, I know this guy is around all the time.

I'm in as well. I got my PS3 controller rigged up to work on the computer. Just downloaded some of the emulators and trying to get everything set up, Himachi and all that other stuff you need. New to this. Looking forward to some great games lads!

I'm stumbling across some problems with AIM. I believe I and a username at one point however don't remember it and any of the password recovery options are of no assistance. Also, there seems to be an inability to create a new screenname. Either a postal code problem which I found a link to a Canada specific site. However after that, I'm brought to a page that reads like this:

unused

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@aol.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Is there something I'm missing or a workaround/alternative to AIM?

Agreed, let's get Fenty, 90Jacket, stheds2000 all signed up.

Tylerdeanhill is signed up .. he should be able to remind the Saskatoon guys when he sees them at the local berry market or whatever they have there.

Haha...the berry barn? it's a place of deliciousness.

90jacket is busy with life and being a new daddy that I don't think he'll sign up this time. stheds2000 might though. I know they are stoked and focused on the saskatoon tourney. We'll probably have a pre tourney to prep. Come on back bud...we love you.

Story from today:

90jacket (cory) invites me out for lunch today. I stop by his office. I tell the receptionist I'm there to see Cory and give her a fake name.

She walks to his office.

Receptionist: Tom is here to see you.

Cory(confused): what? Tom who?

Receptionist: I think he said his name is Tom Barrasso.

Cory burst out laughing.

What version of AIM are you using? The web app, the desktop app or a mobile app?

My advice would be whichever one you are using, try another. I know for me (also in Canada) awhile ago the desktop app stopped working for me, but the web app still worked.

Also, the mobile app was at one point (and maybe still) not supported in Canada. Still, you can find it out there and do a "rogue" install if you google.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions about AIM, please start another thread so we can stay on that topic there. :)

Any chance the SNES guys can get Bo, Grayto or Oilers? Or for GENS: swos?

I don't think Oilers is interested in doing leagues at this point. Can't speak for Grayto or Bok, but I haven't seen them around in a while.

I'm stumbling across some problems with AIM. I believe I and a username at one point however don't remember it and any of the password recovery options are of no assistance. Also, there seems to be an inability to create a new screenname. Either a postal code problem which I found a link to a Canada specific site. However after that, I'm brought to a page that reads like this:

unused

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@aol.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

aol.net is not a valid site. This looks like some kind of spam. If you are having problems, just create a new gmail account and use that to sign up for AIM.