NHL'94 Forums

The AJ Situation

Premium

It seems as if AJ is refusing to play me this season. That is cool. BUT, I want to say something.

If we do meet up in the playoffs (round 3), I'm not going to waste my time playing this guy's game and let him do whatever he wants. I'm not going to tolerate any buffoonery. I'm not tolerating any garbage such as stupid play times because of "having no connection and time", and I'm not going to deal with his antics IN-GAME such as putting on +3 smoothing and refusing to take it off or scoring on lag spikes.

There should be a hard deadline of 5-7 days. If we fail to reach the deadline primarily to AJ's stupid scheduling/antics, it's going to be a forfeit for AJ. If it's on me, I will take the forfeit.

If the series DOES get a "deadline extension" because of the "oh, I don't want to have a forfeit late in the playoffs with top players", I'm not going to play. If it results in my disqualification then so be it. There is no point in wasting the league's time over a grown man who has no "time" or internet in 2016. If it comes to that point, think of it as the first step in the NHL '94 community of not tolerating the bullshit of guys who don't want to free up some time in their life to play a video game. :)

• Like 1

As commish, I hate to see any of the little bickering on the AIM chat, but I tend to allow it as I'm not a moderator, and it's not really my place to try to do so even if I wanted to, which I don't.

I've notice early on a strong byatch fest from both Plabax & Seth about guys waiting till the end to play their games, and in particular, waiting for that inevitable extension before even trying.

Sadly, some of this byatching is VERY TRUE. More sadly is that someone like Seth has OPENLY avoided playing his games vs other top tier coaches (not slackers, just top coaches), and will likely incur DNP's over it. IT only makes the byatching pointless and wasted because I find Seth's decision to avoid guys on purpose to be even more aggravating than what he was openly bombarding the chat with night in & night out over. So, to have to suffer through all his complaining while watching him make an even greater "league sin" has me happy this season is coming to an end.

In my opinion, Plabax constant whining/complaining (depending on your point of view), helped create a more hostile atmosphere amid the group chat about games & getting them played, and fueled guys like Seth to act so goofy. I DO BELIEVE he should accept some responsibility for people not wanting to deal with him after making himself such an annoying prick over the years. I think he's been kicked out the chat group at least 20 times (albeit 15 of them probably by FPB!).

HOWEVER, he is 100% one of the best players in this game. HE plays almost every game he's ever been scheduled. He leaves draft lists. He doesn't try to make assrape trades. He openly asks for stricter guidelines/ harsher penalties for guys who do commit to the league(s) as he does. He actively posts and chats, and is almost always on at least twice a week for games and/or exis.

1000% as a commish, I have to state you would have to work really hard to get me to NOT side with him if a series/playoffs came down to forfeit, even admitting I find his posting style, AIM chats to be more on the twat side. AND, find I get along with AJ and his style way more. IN the end, if we had 24 coaches playing as much as Plabax, the season wouldn't last a month, and the playoffs would be done in 2 weeks.

And who advances/forfeits if it comes down to a commish ruling will not be based on personality, who I like/dislike, etc. So, please, if it comes to you two meeting in the playoffs (very likely), find a way to get your battle on and let's see who really is the GDL Cup winner worthy this season. Some elite talent in the playoffs for sure.

THAT SHOULD BE THE FOCUS COMING UP.

In short, plabax you make the 94 online experience unbearable so I just choose to acknowledge you as little as possible.

When it comes to season games, I'll always play you at my convenience. You are disrespectful when you "ask" for games so I have no inclination to accommodate you at all.

Playoffs are different, I like quick playoffs so I'll be flexible despite you.

Also I've played at zero frames all season. My record has taken a real hit it seems.

Disrespectful when asking for games? Come on man. You've gotta do better than that. We both know I haven't disrespected you when asking for games.

Maybe you should UP the frames now that I hear you are lag spiking yet again.. Then your record will really take a hit.

• 1 month later...

Playoffs are different, I like quick playoffs so I'll be flexible despite you.

Now AJ has purposely ignored me for over half of round 3. Thank you to brutus for allowing (and encouraging) this behaviour! Fun stuff. Now I can't play for the next week. Since I was available for over half the deadline (and automatically more time than AJ could be), what is the protocol?

And for the speculation going on about why there is inactivity.. it's not "league fatigue". It's GDL XVI. It has gone on far too long and the extra encouragement of slacking has disgusted many who just want to play some NHL '94.

I posted in the gdl thread that I was likely to be unavailable before Saskatoon. I was in Saskatoon the last 4 days. That is hardly ignoring you. I communicated my situation quite clearly.

Im past the point of caring. You are unbelievably annoying to deal with.

"Hardly ignoring".. You aren't a busy dude. We all saw the picture of you smiling at the bar in Saskatoon just a couple of days ago. Don't you live in California? You have the time to be f**king around in Saskatoon (of all places) yet you can't find the time in 9 days to come online and contact me.

You didn't have ANY availability in the days before you went to Saskatoon? Even despite the fact that you are "flexible"? Good stuff.

At the season's end, you even made a comment of how you would go to your friend's house and make it a "pool day" and then play me at your "convenience". Give me a break. You pretty much admitted to playing whenever you felt like it.

I was around to play every single day, angryjay was in Saskatoon taking pictures with smozoma and annatar. Brutus, you make the decision.

I was around to play every single day, angryjay was in Saskatoon taking pictures with smozoma and annatar. Brutus, you make the decision.

IMO taking pictures with Smoz and Annatar is a very special opportunity, not to be trivialized. For what it's worth, I was there too.

Like I mentioned, we had 5 days to play before he went to Saskatoon.

Give it up. Having "responsibilities" and an "adult life" doesn't mean you don't have free time to play a video game that requires you to play less than 10 minutes a day. Do you really not have 10 minutes of free time a day to dedicate to one of your favourite video games?

Do you sometimes just not shower because you don't have the time to do it? Do you sometimes not brush your teeth or go to the washroom because you don't have the time? Do you sometimes lose ALL of your free time because you unexpectedly got caught in traffic?

Give me a break. You're coming on the forums to make posts. Where are your responsibilities that leave you with only 3 minutes of free time a month?

While I agree that AJ could possibly have found one of the nights before he was traveling, the deadline is the 21st, and he had mentioned it would be difficult to jam the series in with having to additional things done in his day to day life because he was going to be out of the country for 4 days.

It's the 14th.

There still is enough time to finish the series.

Seth & FPB are supposed to play this week.

I WILL NOTE:

It was obvious as we limped through this season that I wasn't going to do an additional GDL for a bit. Given there was not a follow up season, the playoff timeline had more leniency than normal in it. IT'S WHY I gave it 2 weeks per round.

I've been polite in most of my replies, and I've been chided for how I handled the different "slacker" situations. The serious drop off in activity on this site/aim/league has zero to do with me or how I have handled being a commish. IF anything, I would presume I've been a bonus to activity over the past year. One of the main guys who seems to DISAPPROVE of how I commish would be Plabax.

If you don't play the series by the 21st, I'll forfeit then, as I see fit.

Give it up. Having "responsibilities" and an "adult life" doesn't mean you don't have free time to play a video game that requires you to play less than 10 minutes a day. Do you really not have 10 minutes of free time a day to dedicate to one of your favourite video games?

Do you sometimes just not shower because you don't have the time to do it? Do you sometimes not brush your teeth or go to the washroom because you don't have the time? Do you sometimes lose ALL of your free time because you unexpectedly got caught in traffic?

Give me a break. You're coming on the forums to make posts. Where are your responsibilities that leave you with only 3 minutes of free time a month?

Those are things that need to be done (shower etc).

I had no real free time in the week leading up to going to Sask (I slept 4 hours the night before leaving). Could I cut out 2 hours somewhere to play a playoff series if I were in a league? Sure. Would I have enjoyed it and not felt stressed out about everything else I needed to do? Definitely not. And it's a game, it shouldn't feel like a chore/burden.

It's hard to explain. Being old sucks. Real free time is just really hard to come by. I took today off work. I often post on here from the bathroom. I used to run and play in a league, hack the game, make EARE/smozROM/IMageDitherer/etc, but now I have a TODO list a year long, so I can't. Makes me sad.

I have a little free time right now as I wait for league games, so lets go one by one.

"Hardly ignoring".. You aren't a busy dude. We all saw the picture of you smiling at the bar in Saskatoon just a couple of days ago. Don't you live in California? You have the time to be f**king around in Saskatoon (of all places) yet you can't find the time in 9 days to come online and contact me.

You didn't have ANY availability in the days before you went to Saskatoon? Even despite the fact that you are "flexible"? Good stuff.

At the season's end, you even made a comment of how you would go to your friend's house and make it a "pool day" and then play me at your "convenience". Give me a break. You pretty much admitted to playing whenever you felt like it.

Being out of the country constitutes as busy. Please, forgive me for wanting to spend time with some good buds and friends up in Canada. Should I have just stared at a wall the entire time? I didnt have an internet connection suitable for online play, so whether I had time or not, the series wasn't going to be played.

That is correct, I had no availability that I could set aside without doubt before Saskatoon. I work a full time job and I volunteer on the side with another organization. I also take care of myself, I have no wife, spouse, guardian, friend, or relative to take care of me and the things that need to be done. I'm in it by myself so when food has to be made I make it, when laundry is to be done, I wash it, etc,. Considering I took Friday off, I spent extra time at work last week to ensure I would be up to date as much as possible when I went into work today. I also had several reports that needed to be completed last week for my volunteer position. Those things needed to get done along with my day to day life responsibilities, if I'm going to not do something, its a hobby. Nhl 94 is a hobby, not a job.

You are right, I play when I feel like it most of the time. I will set aside time to play with someone when I have it and i know they value my time. You do not. You think I have time all the time.

Good job on being around every single day but taking no time at all to communicate with me. You could have sent me a message asking me about days and times for this week knowing full well I was unavailable/out of the country last week. You did not do this, instead you have posted many rants in this forum and have created a lot of unnecessary drama. Like I said, this is a hobby for me and I assume most everyone else here. I don't want to read your sniveling posts.

Your comment about playing in 10 minutes is a fallacy. we have a 7 game series. 7 game series take at minimum 1 hour to play and a maximum of over 90 minutes. When you consider time to get the game going, all the game play (including any possible ot's), uploading, and anything else needed. So the better question is did I not have something closer to 2 hours to set aside last week. Get your facts straight.

I shower, I use the restroom and I brush my teeth because those are all things I need to do. And yes, sometimes I do lose a lot of free time sitting in unexpected traffic. Those things are called accidents or in other instances road construction.

I can make a forum post in 2-3 minutes while sitting at work on my phone. I cant play games at work.

Now AJ has purposely ignored me for over half of round 3. Thank you to brutus for allowing (and encouraging) this behaviour! Fun stuff. Now I can't play for the next week. Since I was available for over half the deadline (and automatically more time than AJ could be), what is the protocol?

I was pretty clear in communicating on the forums that last week was terrible at best for me and impossible at worst. Now all of a sudden you cant play this week? Plus you listed no reason and you somehow forgot to let us all know before today? That smells, that smells really bad.

And for the speculation going on about why there is inactivity.. it's not "league fatigue". It's GDL XVI. It has gone on far too long and the extra encouragement of slacking has disgusted many who just want to play some NHL '94.

I've been pretty tame in most of this post. It is really easy to just s**t on you and the things you say. You have double standards, you talk out both sides of your mouth, and you whine about everything. I know everything Ive said will go right over your head. You have no concept of whats going on here and thats fine. But hey, if thats what gets you off, then go for it. Just know you are done getting reactions out of me you troll. I dont have the time for your crap.

Me the troll? Me taking no time to communicate with you?

lol! I know you were chatting with someone else at one point when I messaged you.

Maybe you don't get my messages and maybe you can't see my messages in the group chat.

And.. taking a shower, etc. are not things that "have" to be done. They are things that you make sure are done every day. It's called priority.

pri·or·i·ty
prīˈôrədē/
noun
noun: priority; plural noun: priorities
a thing that is regarded as more important than another.
You could simply make NHL '94 a priority for ONE or TWO days, and you would be available to play. Smoz claims he could play sometimes, but it would make him stressed and suck out the enjoyment... that is straight up not wanting to play, which is exactly what I'm trying to explain. He claims it's just "a game", so it's not as important to him. This is not being busy. If he decided that NHL '94 were a bit more important, he would be able to play. How can anybody not agree?

If it's -95 outside and you are asked to walk three hours to the store and you say no because you don't want to get too cold.. that doesn't make you busy. It means you don't want to do it.

To me, being busy is not being able to play because of work, funeral, birthday parties, appointments, etc.

Edited by Premium

Do you forget the part where I was only able to get 4 hours of sleep in there before leaving? Yeah I can make other sacrifices but like you say it's about priorities -- and this is just a game. Your priorities are simple and your time is plentiful. Enjoy it while it lasts. Taking a shower is not a necessity? You are mental.*

* or still 8?

Do you forget the part where I was only able to get 4 hours of sleep in there before leaving? Yeah I can make other sacrifices but like you say it's about priorities -- and this is just a game. Your priorities are simple and your time is plentiful. Enjoy it while it lasts. Taking a shower is not a necessity? You are mental.*

* or still 8?

There are tons of people who don't shower. Showering is not a necessity.

"Enjoy it while it lasts".. give me a break dude. Explain to me how JV and Tex play more than I do if they are adults with responsibilities? Explain to me why my parents have all day after work to just f**k around? My mom has been sitting down watching TV and using the computer since I got home from school (6PM). It's currently 12:14AM and my mom is still on the couch. Does she have responsibilities? Yes. She made breakfast, went to work, came back and made dinner before she proceeded to enjoy her free time. My dad left for work at 7AM, returned at 7PM (normally returns at 3:45, but volunteered for 3 hours), ate dinner, watched videos and TV for 3 hours then went to bed. My dad also teaches a course at Algonquin (you know where that is) as a second job.

I'm not understanding how this isn't very similar to the lifestyle of most people here.

So what you only got 4 hours of sleep. swos would sacrifice sleep to play his games due to being in a different time zone. I have sacrificed sleep to play. Not making the sacrifice simply means not wanting to play.

Edited by Premium