NHL'94 Forums

The AJ Situation

Premium

Your inability to see things from anyone else's perspective or to understand that different people have different circumstances and priorities and leisure activities is a problem, not to mention your tendency to say whatever you can think of to get your way.

Your dad is probably tired and wants to relax and recharge.

Skipping a shower does not enable you to play a 1-2 hour series. Don't be that doesn't-shower or showers-at-night guy; that guy smells bad even though he doesn't notice it.

JV, Tex, swos, and your parents presumably do not have a 4-day trip coming up in 3 days.

Sacrificing sleep to play games will make you less productive at work and other important things.

I also used to ignore people who would write "games" in AIM instead of being polite.

I can only hope that you are joking/trolling with your bar picture criticism -- we were getting supper, meeting up with Halifax, then doing an activity Halifax had nicely planned for us.

Be a friend and people will make time to play you. They may even spend hundreds of dollars to go hang out with you.

Be rude and don't be surprised that some people won't inconvenience themselves or make sacrifices to please your demands.

--

ignoring topic now

Your inability to see things from anyone else's perspective is a problem, not to mention your tendency to say whatever you can think of to get your way.

Your dad is probably tired and wants to relax and recharge.

Skipping a shower does not enable you to play a 1-2 hour series. Don't be that doesn't-shower or showers-at-night guy; that guy smells bad even though he doesn't notice it.

JV, Tex, swos, and your parents presumably do not have a 4-day trip coming up in 3 days.

Sacrificing sleep to play games will make you less productive at work and other important things.

I also used to ignore people who would write "games" in AIM instead of being polite.

I can only hope that you are joking/trolling with your bar picture criticism -- we were getting supper, meeting up with Halifax, then doing an activity Halifax had nicely planned for us.

Be a friend and people will make time to play you. They may even spend hundreds of dollars to go hang out with you.

Be rude and don't be surprised that some people won't inconvenience themselves or make sacrifices to please your demands.

Your perspective is highly unrealistic.

First off, the point I was trying to make about my parents was that they have responsibilities, yet a lot of free time. Both my parents work full-time, yet 90% of days they spend about 5-6 hours on TV, Netflix, Facebook, Youtube, etc.. To me it seems reasonable that this is common. My dad works from 7AM-3:30PM and then gets home at 4PM. What is there to do from 4PM until the time he goes to sleep that eats up so much time? One of my neighbours is always sitting around in his backyard doing nothing. My other neighbour is always sitting on his front lawn and smoking/listening to music.

Second, what is wrong with showering at night? Did I read that wrong?

Third, if you really can't sacrifice one hour of sleep, then I don't see how I'm supposed to look at things reasonably through your perspective. Anybody can sacrifice 2 hours of sleep for one night and be fine. Give me a break.

Fourth, I asked AJ to play five out of the seven times. He just nitpicked the two times I "demanded" as a cop-out excuse as to why he's running away from the Pontius Plabax.

Fifth, The context of the situation makes the bar picture funny to me. AJ, who lives in California (arguably the nicest location in North America) and complains about not having enough time, decides to spend his oh-so-precious free time by going to Saskatchewan (one of the worst locations in North America) and taking pictures at the bar. That to me sounds like having a lot of time to be f**king around.

Smoz, it seems like you greatly exaggerate the impact of every little thing. For most people, a trip that is coming up in three days is not going to impact whether or not they take one hour of their free time to play NHL '94. Most people can also sacrifice some sleep to play NHL '94 with no problems. It just depends if they want to or not.

Smoz I appreciate it but I advise you and everyone else to stop wasting their time here talking to plabax.

He's a gutter snipe and it is his goal in life to bring us all down to his level so we can occupy his free time.

Our best course of action is to ignore him. We shouldn't waste our time giving reasons to someone who will always fight them regardless of how much he contradicts himself.

If the community wants to put up with him, so be it. It will continue to lose members who make positive impacts.

I avoided most of this argument, and dealt more with the end result.

BUT, in a 2 week deadline, one of the guys is going out of town for 4 days. The other series is not played. It would make common sense to play the series when your opponent got back into town.

All the other chatter is just twat talk and being dumb. It's obvious you wanted to irk the guy and you did. In a way, you are directly responsible for creating a situation where the best record in the league didn't want to even play you.

It's like being a twat was more important than having a great matchup. I doubt your ego was afraid of the matchup, but it really does have a ring of weakness to it. To take this time in the season to goto the mat and argue over semantics about if someone should be allowed to SHOWER rather than play you in a GDL series is one of the WORST positions I've seen someone try to take in an argument.

If we were in person, 99% of the guys in this league would have beat the f&ck out of you half way through this argument.

Part of me wishes I had more time while this moment was "bubbling" within AJ to where he got where he quit on the league/playoffs/series rather than deal with you.

Anyhow, unless AJ rescinds his "quit", I'll leave the ruling as it is. That doesn't mean you are a giant twat.

I never said anything about showering instead of playing. I am just bothered by smoz. I brought up showering to show how priority works.

Smoz is claiming that he has no real free time, meaning that he is always doing something to keep him occupied. Despite this, he is still able to shower every single day. So, if smoz has no free time, what happens in the case of something taking an hour longer than it should have? Does he sacrifice a shower, or does he sacrifice something else (such as sleep)? Since he has no free time, something has to be sacrificed.

This is where my reasoning kicks in. Smoz will never decide to sacrifice taking a shower. That's because he wants to shower. This means that there will always be time for a shower! In theory, smozoma could do the same with NHL '94, but he chooses not to. This means he does not want to play, not that he is busy.

I'm sure you don't care anyway. But I wanted smoz to read this too.

between showergate and picturegate this has got to be some of the funniest s**t I've seen on here in awhile ....I got no dog this race but it's a shame we can't lock them up in a room and see who comes out the Victor or alive lol

• Haha 1

My disrespect toward AJ...attachicon.gifsss.png

This discussion is crazy. All this time wasted.

We have all understand that you want to play your series Plabax, and that's important to you.

But you don't need to enter in the detail, using the shower example as an argument, or comment how AJ is using his freetime, this is just ridicules and impolite, you are loosing your credibility. The deadline is the 21, so what's the problem ? If you boring yourself, just read a book or play an other videogame. Control yourself and your impatience. Set a clear appointment with AJ, and if he don't show up, he is forfeit. No complication.

You are a competitor, ok, you want to be the best, ok. But you are not allowed to enter in people's private life and certainly not make crappy comments.

If I read the picture you have posted and all your commentary, I just see harassment and great doubts about your logic. It can be a good reason to put you out from the league.

We all recognize your talent as a player, but we advise you to work on your communication and respect for privacy.

An advice to AJ, ignore Plabax and just play him before the end of the 21. Give him a lesson on the Ice :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Edited by Pearate

I don't need to respect AJ in any way as he's not being honest.

Let's be real here. AJ never planned to play me in the first place. He just was waiting until I provoked him so he could refuse to play and receive sympathy from the community. He was waiting for an opportunity to forfeit because of my "attitude". Had I never said anything, you can bet money that he would have had a backup excuse as to why he would have to drop the league.

We could have played already. Forget about Saskatoon, and forget about the deadline. That has nothing to do with it. It has to do with him not wanting to play. I'm not sure why he doesn't want to play, but it's definitely not because of my attitude. It's the easiest reason for him to pick because it will be the most validated. Whether or not I am rude or not has no effect on the playoff series, and I agree with what Pearate said in the other thread: rivalry gives a good reason to play.

We already saw AJ's reason as to why he was refusing to play me in the regular season to be a lie. We've seen AJ and Uncle Seth argue about a lag spike, in which it seemed very likely to believe that AJ was lying. AJ has lied to me before about putting on no smoothing. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

TLDR: My attitude has nothing to do with AJ's forfeit, there is another reason that he's concealing.

• 1 month later...

I think people should start resigning if they can't play. This does not have to do with AJ specifically... he just happens to be the guy who should resign in this case. You can always just sign up for the next league.

I think people should start resigning if they can't play. This does not have to do with AJ specifically... he just happens to be the guy who should resign in this case. You can always just sign up for the next league.

I brought up my situation to raph before the end of the season and he gave it the green light.

Fpb hasn't been active on the boards since end of November and he hasn't sent me a message in any form since that same time.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong among the three of us,but that's what happened.

Next time you can do more research than none before you start typing

What I mean is that instead of asking Raph, resign. FPB active or not, it seems as if you wouldn't be able to play anyway. If that isn't the case, then it's up to FPB to take responsibility and resign.

What I mean is that instead of asking Raph, resign. FPB active or not, it seems as if you wouldn't be able to play anyway. If that isn't the case, then it's up to FPB to take responsibility and resign.

What you mean is do whatever I didn't do so that you can be right and I'm wrong.

This situation doesn't involve you, your comments are not productive and I don't recall you resigning from the same league even though you didnt play your season games because you "forgot" the deadline.

Don't worry, your attitude has driven me out of all online leagues for the foreseeable future. Just do the community a favor by staying quiet and playing your games.

What you mean is do whatever I didn't do so that you can be right and I'm wrong.

This situation doesn't involve you, your comments are not productive and I don't recall you resigning from the same league even though you didnt play your season games because you "forgot" the deadline.

Don't worry, your attitude has driven me out of all online leagues for the foreseeable future. Just do the community a favor by staying quiet and playing your games.

I said that's what it seems like. To me, it seemed like you were holding up the playoffs. If I am wrong, then that's fine. I have no problem admitting you are right

I was around to play my games. I didn't resign because I had the time to play. There usually is a thread that notifies the coaches of the final deadline. and FPB kicked me from the group chat so I figured I'd get my games in once that thread came around. If I knew that I couldn't even find one hour of free time in a month, I would resign.

I don't think I have a bad attitude. It's just you and smoz who really think you can be super busy for weeks lol. I just want the games to be played with no buffoonery such as ducking, ignoring people and wasting time in the playoffs. I am sure most people agree with me. It's just that nobody is saying it outright because it's taboo to agree with me around here. When people see me as wrong, 4-10 forum members will chime in to tell me why. When I'm right, I will likely get decent support from Brutus/TK, and that's it. Besides that, the closest I get are subtle responses such as Icestorm's, in which he agreed with me and had a gentle way of calling your actions a joke.

Most people hate we spent our time competing in a season & after several months, still are not in the finals. A leagues completion becomes the interest of all involved, not just the guys at end end. It motivates everyone for the next time around.

While Plabax may go about saying it/things/points the wrong way, this is back to back leagues you are an issue in advancing the playoffs.

FPB has been waiting to play so long he's probably developed arthritis as an old man.

You can't blame this delay on Plabax and while I get not liking him & wanting to give him the bird, I'm chiming in here to let you know there are people who played in classic & feel you have given us the bird by holding it up this long.

Most people hate we spent our time competing in a season & after several months, still are not in the finals. A leagues completion becomes the interest of all involved, not just the guys at end end. It motivates everyone for the next time around.

While Plabax may go about saying it/things/points the wrong way, this is back to back leagues you are an issue in advancing the playoffs.

FPB has been waiting to play so long he's probably developed arthritis as an old man.

You can't blame this delay on Plabax and while I get not liking him & wanting to give him the bird, I'm chiming in here to let you know there are people who played in classic & feel you have given us the bird by holding it up this long.

I planned my most recent vacation in May, well before any fall season was confirmed. I knew my vacation could pose a problem as the season went on and I brought it up to Raph. Like it or not I was allowed in the playoffs, hell Id even go so far as to say I was encouraged to be in the playoffs despite my situation.

I busted my ass before my trip to get my 2 snes series in and my 1 gens series in. I did what I could to get my series in with FPB but it didnt work out. I come back on the 16th to work two jobs, deal with the holidays and try to overcome jet lag after flying in from eastern europe. Granted, I didnt try to find FPB but on the other hand where is he? He has not shown up on the forums nor taken any time to communicate with me saying what his availability is. Yet somehow this is ALL my fault.

I play my games and I play playoffs. My two issues occurred because I went to a live event which caused my opponent to throw the biggest hissy fit in NHL 94 online history despite the fact that we had a week left to play our games and he never tried to set up a time with me. The other time because I went on a trip planned well ahead of time and my opponent is awol/uncommunicative when I return.

If you think Im giving you the finger bud, then I got another one for you. You guys treat me like this because you know Im not going to fly off the handle by going on a huge expletive filled tirade or act like some petulant kid.

What I'm hearing in all this is I shouldnt go to live events nor should I go on vacations that I paid for and planned months ahead of time if they happen to interfere with any sort of online playoff series.

Whether thats the case or not, I dont care. Once Im done in this classic playoffs, Im gone. The rest of you guys on Gens can deal with all the garbage that Im seeing here. Frankly, I dont have the energy to gutter snipe with you guys. Im done dealing with unreasonable people.

Good luck to you Gens buds, youre going to need it.

It's fine that you were allowed in the playoffs. But don't you think there comes a point where you should say, "Ok, maybe I should drop.. I won't be able to play for a month"? I'm sure most guys would rather see you take that responsibility than delay the playoffs.

Did Raph allow you in on the condition that you would lose 11+ days of productivity due to "jet lag" and "dealing with the holidays"? Probably not, because he doesn't have the lack of intelligence required to think of such scenarios.

Again, you don't understand how priorities can work. Go on your vacations, but if it interferes with your playoff series and you need to make everyone else wait 30 days to compensate for it then drop the league. Why would you NOT go on a vacation that you paid for just to play in a FREE league that you can re-register for within a number of months?

It's a shame that McMikey or w/e his name is and those stupid scrubs that you destroy at the live events have blown your head up. Stick to playing with Florida and San Jose against those D-level players. You don't seem to keep them waiting.

Edited by Premium

I've been on and off on aim. Never seen anything

Honestly it's been 4 weeks and I'm not interested in this anymore.

This is just trash

You are right, this is trash.

We are both capable of writing messages and neither of us have since Dec. 1

It's fine that you were allowed in the playoffs. But don't you think there comes a point where you should say, "Ok, maybe I should drop.. I won't be able to play for a month"? I'm sure most guys would rather see you take that responsibility than delay the playoffs.

Did Raph allow you in on the condition that you would lose 11+ days of productivity due to "jet lag" and "dealing with the holidays"? Probably not, because he doesn't have the lack of intelligence required to think of such scenarios.

Again, you don't understand how priorities can work. Go on your vacations, but if it interferes with your playoff series and you need to make everyone else wait 30 days to compensate for it then drop the league. Why would you NOT go on a vacation that you paid for just to play in a FREE league that you can re-register for within a number of months?

It's a shame that McMikey or w/e his name is and those stupid scrubs that you destroy at the live events have blown your head up. Stick to playing with Florida and San Jose against those D-level players. You don't seem to keep them waiting.

Yes, keep attacking me and other members of the community.

Just brilliant

Yes, I agreed that a 2 week break for AJ was better than having him forfeit in the playoffs. Didn't think that was a big deal. But I also agree it wasn't cool for AJ to not notify anyone for nearly 2 more weeks when he returned, and only after I posted did this s-storm get started.

Be that as it may, I'm still hoping you guys can play your series and I can play the winner, and we close the chapter on this season. It's really not worth arguing over, please just schedule a time and play. I am already anticipating whoever loses to blame the delay, so we can look forward to that fiasco next, lol.

Yes, I agreed that a 2 week break for AJ was better than having him forfeit in the playoffs. Didn't think that was a big deal. But I also agree it wasn't cool for AJ to not notify anyone for nearly 2 more weeks when he returned, and only after I posted did this s-storm get started.

Be that as it may, I'm still hoping you guys can play your series and I can play the winner, and we close the chapter on this season. It's really not worth arguing over, please just schedule a time and play. I am already anticipating whoever loses to blame the delay, so we can look forward to that fiasco next, lol.

If that's how you'll handle things I'm not really interested in playing.

Please proceed. ​Already had to deal with the delay now I gotta read ''woe is me'' bullshit and ''split fault'' garbage.

The shitfest of the last classic/GDL just killed my interest. I think I'll go retire again. Just playing in other games' league gave me a bit of perspective on how ridiculous these things become. I'm not interested in dragging people into playing me anymore so goodbye lads. It was a decent run.

Shoutout to Brutus for being an OG commissioner

Edited by The Russian Rocket

The celebration of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances.

Prepare for a slight sidebar.....

I'd volunteer to fill in (with CGY) if the league wants a series to happen to decide to plays Raph. I knew that Classic (end of reg. season) deadline was coming, I just didn't bother to do the calculations (or look for a thread containing them) and see if I'd make it in or not. I was surprised I didn't make them. But that is my fault (partially). However, I missed out on 4 easy wins vs Donnybrook with him going MIA. Not the first time that's happened w/that jagoff. And despite some people being "on" they often don't respond to IM's looking for games.

Aside from that, the culture has allowed slacking to flourish here over the years so it's hard to pin blame at any one individual (in certain cases). Bring on the Plablegs!

Edited by Uncle Seth