NHL'94 Forums

F16 - GENS B TexasPachyderm takes over DAL

kingraph

I am sure of two things

1. If anyone can get to 40 games, it's Texas. Amazing iron-man bud.

2. Texas' game has stepped up considerably, so he will be one of the favorites.

2a. Blame the commish for screwing up leagues.

Sweet! I wish we had 4 or 5 Tex's in waiting to replace slackers.

Dallas currently has 2 games played. My bet is the next 38 get done in a week or so...

Edit: Even sweeter is those 2 game were against me, which I won handily! Doubt I would even win one with Tex playing...

Edited by aqualizard

Good luck to Tex! And congrats on your 2 "handily won" wins Aqua

Meant as a compliment to Tex, not a slight to you, Labs. :) (But I can see how it is a slight, sorry about that.)

Meant as a compliment to Tex, not a slight to you, Labs. :) (But I can see how it is a slight, sorry about that.)

All good buddy, sorry I am just bummed out, I love this game and I wish I had more free time to play and become great at it like everyone else has. I didn't mean to get snippy lol

I am sure of two things

1. If anyone can get to 40 games, it's Texas. Amazing iron-man bud.

2. Texas' game has stepped up considerably, so he will be one of the favorites.

2a. Blame the commish for screwing up leagues.

Sorry, but I have really something to say here. We had a discussion before about the B level, and we suggested that the B competition should be protect, to give a chance to B players to win a cup one day, or at least having a decent record season.

I played Texas in the VHL league, I know his level and he play in A this season for some good reason.

He shouldn't be authorize to play in B. (Nothing to say about the guy, it's just a level question here).

All season It's the same thing. And I have this feeling that you finally don't care, you are the King on your throne.

I think about living definitively the Classic competition. I'm tired.

Nobody cares anyway, just play your games everybody and be happy.

I played Texas in the VHL league, I know his level and he play in A this season for some good reason.

He shouldn't be authorize to play in B. (Nothing to say about the guy, it's just a level question here).

Pearate, I have to respectfully disagree:

1. Tex is brand new to A... he is not a veteran A player. In fact, he could have stayed in B if he wanted.

2. More importantly, Tex is more accessible and plays more games faster than anyone. So he is an ideal replacement.

Finally, he has Dallas. They are a decent team, but not a top tier team. So his skill level will be offset by his team, to some extent. Similar to JV, also A, taking over Rangers. It is not as bad as when Brutus took over with Montreal. (Which I didn't mind, actually.)

Now that I think of it, I actually don't care how good someone is. I only care if they finish their games. So I think Pearate and I just have different opinions. :)

Edited by aqualizard

Sorry my French friend but i have to say that i'm agree with Aqua on this one.

I agree that Tex is maybe the best B guy here. More A/B than B but i'm happy Tex comes back in B for 3 reasons.

1st: I know Tex gonna play his 40 games and i m not gonna wait weeks to play him.

2nd: For the level of the league and to improve my game i prefer play Tex than another one.

3rd: If a guy deserves to win this league it's Tex. I will be the first one to congratulate him if it happens.

And Tex is one of my promo guys like Skip,JV and Lupz,guys i have a lot of fun playing from the first time i found this site.

So welcome back Tex. Very happy to know i'm gonna meet you again on the ice bud.

Edited by Darko99

heh thx. yea i feel like im in between. im getting killed up in A. Apologies for filling in here on B. No prob to drop out here if its a prob though. Rolltide.

Edited by TexasPachyderm

Ok, if you say so, I respect your point of view.

The structure of this Classic League is really unclear.

There were nothing to say if he had started in B on the beginning of the season. I just disagree with the A to B drop in a middle of the season. Maybe I'm wrong.

You are all right. Good luck to him.

Rendez-vous in the playoffs

I did not put Tex originally at A in my mind when I was going in my head who would be making A this season. I had 12 players in mind. Those who run Classic decided to go with 14 and all those willing to move from B to A got the chance, usually it has been that the winner of B gets the chance outside of lack of participants.

Tex has played with Buffalo, a team with chemistry problems for me at least and has got more wins than I expected, so during the 10 months of my absence from the game he has improved. Buffalo player attributes are something that can take over the games but I personally don't like them due to wacky chemistry so I am totally surprised by the wins he has already amassed. He does seem to be something between A & B it seems and would've been one of the top B players to begin with.

Dallas is a team that has some learning curve, but it can be one of the top teams in the game due to it's speed. Had he to begin with have stayed in B who knows where he would had picked anyways. If we look at the team drafting history in A it's around top ten. Here are the last 5 drafts from A for Dallas.

Fall 2016: #11 by Depch
Spring 2016: Not picked (10 participants)
Fall 2015: #9 by Zalex
Spring 2015: #10 by Swos
Fall 2014: #7 by JackAndJose

I have been toying with the thought of volunteering to play with Anaheim in B myself if it's possible to change teams there and replacements are needed to up the games. I guess it should be possible by doing it manually at least to the database, but is it too much of a work? And mainly what would the others think of such move, especially the B-leaguers.

Tex especially deserves the chance to prove himself as a contender for B title.

Edited by Depch

Sorry, but I have really something to say here. We had a discussion before about the B level, and we suggested that the B competition should be protect, to give a chance to B players to win a cup one day, or at least having a decent record season.

All season It's the same thing. And I have this feeling that you finally don't care, you are the King on your throne.

I think about living definitively the Classic competition. I'm tired.

Nobody cares anyway, just play your games everybody and be happy.

Tx is a high level player, but he has been in all the B classic leagues since Fall 14, and has never won a classic championship so he should be allowed to compete still in B.

Tx is a high level player, but he has been in all the B classic leagues since Fall 14, and has never won a classic championship so he should be allowed to compete still in B.

Sure, my first reaction was greatly motivated by this discussion on how the leagues are run , the willingness to protect the B level and reduce the gap between the bests players and the others. What are the chance for D.T. , Cheafstar, Sublime, or CoachMac this season ?

Drooping in a middle of a season, an A player to the B level, unbalance the tournament in my point of view. Specially because he is trained in the A group before he enter in the B group.

And what is the final point ? Why give a team in middle of a season to a declared A player and leave 3 teams with no active coach : Vancouver, Los Angeles and Quebec.

Questions I just ask, and if the majority approves, I'm ok with that.

The organizers just need to clarify the rules at the beginning of a season and don't change everything in the middle. If we can enter in 2 different level at the same time, just declare it official.

As I said, if he had started in B this season, this discussion would even exist.

Edited by Pearate

my goal is to be the least controversial person on this site. ill step aside, no prob, if thats preferred. i had seen it as this: is it better to get non active coaches games played or for those games to just go unplayed?

my goal is to be the least controversial person on this site. ill step aside, no prob, if thats preferred. i had seen it as this: is it better to get non active coaches games played or for those games to just go unplayed?

The controversial is against the rules. I'm a french guy and everybody know that we love rules and that we are meticulous about the regulation (we are build like that). And in the fact I'm actually the only one who made your return in B controversial.

So I have no further objections and give you rendez-vous in the Playoffs 8-)

I will be on every night for 7 str8 nights from 7 PM till 5 AM starting next Thursday so if you need a coach to finish a season last minute let me know.

I will be on every night for 7 str8 nights from 7 PM till 5 AM starting next Thursday so if you need a coach to finish a season last minute let me know.

Sooo... you managed to get things set up at work, and you are pulling all nighters there for a week? Getting paid to play? Nice!! :)

I really think the current format is a real site-killer for new players. Putting new guys up against B-level players is a sure-fire way to drive them away. I realize that it's a numbers game, but the guys that are being replaced have simply quit because they are getting destroyed. There should absolutely still be a C-division for new guys, and an automatic graduation for winners or after a certain number of games has been reached. We've been lucky to recruit some decent players from Classic - but there is no doubt that there are a lot more that join and play less than 10 games.

I really think the current format is a real site-killer for new players. Putting new guys up against B-level players is a sure-fire way to drive them away. I realize that it's a numbers game, but the guys that are being replaced have simply quit because they are getting destroyed. There should absolutely still be a C-division for new guys, and an automatic graduation for winners or after a certain number of games has been reached. We've been lucky to recruit some decent players from Classic - but there is no doubt that there are a lot more that join and play less than 10 games.

I agree

Would be better if you showed some examples. My feeling is people quit because they are too busy to play/don't care. Here who was replaced so far in B

Protology -- 1 GP. Lost 2-0 to Lasyoen, not exactly blown out. Disappeared

Lupz - dead busy, 0 GP, would not quit because he's afraid of losing.

Sublime (rammer87) - too busy with school. He would have likely beat many, definite contender for B title.

D.T. - 4 GP. lost 2 games in OT. Has connection issues, disappeared.

LABS - busy, overwhelmed with '94. Basically slacked in every league he was in the last 2 years.

What am I missing?

Raph, I appreciate all you do. Without you, this whole thing would probably collapse.

That said, I am firmly in the camp that says there should be a C Tier, for total noobs. When people are new -- even in they are good -- they need nurturing. Having a C league -- with Vets checking in to help -- would help a lot, IMO. Heck, just having the AIM group dedicated to C would help. It would broadcast right away that these guys are new and need extra help.

I also think that Noobs do leave because they get throttled. But that is not the only reason.

Why noobs leave:

1. get throttled

2. have technical problems

3. feel lost or unsupported

4. decide they don't playing after all

5. have less time than they expected

6. other things I can't think of, but I am sure exist....

It is hard to show examples because when people go, we rarely find out why. They just go.

But looking at your list:

Protology -- Possibly could have been helped more.

Lupz -- n/a

Sublime -- n/a

D.T. -- Possibly could have been helped more.

LABS -- n/a

If I knew Protology and D.T.s situation, I would have loved to help more. I can help with technical issues or just making people feel welcome. But someitmes guys in B have played before (like Danglicious) and I never know who is really new and who is not. Having a C Tier for noobs only would be a safe zone, where they could ask anything, without the need for feeling stupid. And Vets that dropped in, like me, would be friendly.

These are just quick thoughts I put together... back to work for me.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online