NHL'94 Forums

NHL17 by Skip and Slapshot67 - Major Update!

skip

NHL2017 by Skip and Slapshot67 (Next update will be the trade deadline update in early March)

This is not an ordinary ratings V2 update by me. Slapshot, who already does a lot of work on this ROM for graphics each season, emailed me 2 weeks ago and said he loves the ROM, and he wanted to fully update the graphics. I happily provided him with the headshots I had collected for player cards (the only thing I did), and he did the rest!

Slapshot67 - you are the best bud on this entire site. Thanks for everything.

V2 Updates:

-Player Cards for every starter on every team

-Bench Graphics (backup goalie, coach)

-Goal Light

-Net Fix

-Roster updates and some minor ratings changes (excel file w/ ratings in zip folder)

**We can do the bench surface a different color next time. Slapshot offered but I didn't think anyone cared :-)

NHL17v2.bin

NHL17skipV2.zip

Edited by skip
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

You guys did a MAGNIFICENT JOB on this rom !

Is there any possibility for a 2 on 2 version?

2on2 can be created in NOSE. You go to the Lines and set all the unneeded players to the invalid value.

I'll out this on our social media pages etc. but can we remove one of the roms in the first post? I'm not sure which version is the latest.

Done, the V2 in this forum is the most up to date ROM right now.

sorry bud, I'm still not following. You still have two attachments and it looks like two different roms. One is named nhl17v2 and the other is nhl17skipv2.

The .zip file is an Excel spreadsheet showing the breakdown in ratings of every player by position (F, D, G).

Thanks for the explanation bud.

I posted on FB and tweed...so you should see a few more downloads in coming days. Thanks again guys!

Curious, what are some of the things that makes this different from naples39 version?

One small change, JVR had his number changed from 21 to 25 after the Leafs retired all "Honoured Numbers".

Not a major - or even necessary change, just thought I'd mention it.

One small change, JVR had his number changed from 21 to 25 after the Leafs retired all "Honoured Numbers".

Not a major - or even necessary change, just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks Jer, I hadn't noticed! Nice move by the Leafs, that's a ton of retired numbers.

***If anyone else sees something off (spelling, handedness, jersey number) - please let me know!

V3 Update - It's hard to keep up with players, but V3 will have a few guys added (fringe players). Updates to player ratings based on this year's performance is already underway, but mainly slight tweaks. Player transactions will also be up for V3, not sure when I'll release it...probably Christmas :-)

And there is a player ratings post floating around, happy to take feedback on players you feel need a bump or should be lowered. I loved the way Depch brought my attention to a few players, it helps if you don't go the Plabax-route when it comes to feedback :-D Keep in mind I am no Igor Kuperman hahaha

NHL2017 by Skip and Slapshot67

This is not an ordinary ratings V2 update by me. Slapshot, who already does a lot of work on this ROM for graphics each season, emailed me 2 weeks ago and said he loves the ROM, and he wanted to fully update the graphics. I happily provided him with the headshots I had collected for player cards (the only thing I did), and he did the rest!

V2 Updates:

-Goal Light

-Net Fix

-Roster updates and some minor ratings changes (excel file w/ ratings in zip folder)

**We can do the bench surface a different color next time. Slapshot offered but I didn't think anyone cared :-)

NHL2017 by Skip and Slapshot67

V2 Updates:

-Goal Light

-Net Fix

2on2 can be created in NOSE. You go to the Lines and set all the unneeded players to the invalid value.

That is great to know! Maybe I'll make a 3-on-3 and a 2-on-2 version for the next release.