Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wilbes16

How about a WHA, or combined 70's rom

7 posts in this topic

It would be fun to line up Marc Tardiff & Real Cloutier against the Dryden\LaFleur Canadiens, or Hedberg\Nillson\Hull vs the Baby Bulls.

I thought about starting with the 16 teams that were around in 76, plus modifying the remaining 8 teams from the same era to put the Devils back in Kansas City, make the Sharks the Seals, etc, and modify some others to include Cincinnati Stingers & Houston Aeros.

I wanted to try this myself, but don't see how to modify the original to allow me to change the team name back fro NJ Devils to Kansas City Scouts.

I did a WHA rom for the SNES....but you cant edit logos, so it's not as good.

It would be fun to line up Marc Tardiff & Real Cloutier against the Dryden\LaFleur Canadiens, or Hedberg\Nillson\Hull vs the Baby Bulls.

I thought about starting with the 16 teams that were around in 76, plus modifying the remaining 8 teams from the same era to put the Devils back in Kansas City, make the Sharks the Seals, etc, and modify some others to include Cincinnati Stingers & Houston Aeros.

I wanted to try this myself, but don't see how to modify the original to allow me to change the team name back fro NJ Devils to Kansas City Scouts.

There's an editor that is very easy to use that lets you change team names, player names... It's called NOSE: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/14217-nose-12b-download/

Eventually you'll want to edit the logos. Here's the list of most of the hacks and edits we know how to do : http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/8090-gens-editing-the-game-thread-guide-newbs-start-here/

I am currently doing a major upgrade to all my historic roms.

It will include 1976 with the 18 NHL Teams plus the 12 WHA teams that completed that season.

Coming very soon. :haha:

Getting close on this.

Splash screen.

post-3852-0-82535200-1480809527_thumb.pn

If anyone needs help with WHA rosters I'd be more than happy to assist. I have every team for each season built. These were projects that I've worked on but have not shared due to my minimal graphics skills.