NHL'94 Forums

What is your guys thoughts on this...

Today I'm writing what is called a paper edit for the film. a Paper edit is basically a handwritten outline for the film that the editor uses to guide himself. It is useful so he/she can work alone and not have someone breathing down their neck.

My question is...

How interested would you guys be in knowing more about the link between Madden Football and the origin of the NHL series from a designer standpoint.

The reason I'm asking this is that 80% of the history of what became NHL '94 is directly linked to Madden.

*Also flash forward to today's events, I got an invite to visit the Madden head quarters in Florida (I will be down there for other work in February). It would be perfect opportunity to give that story a little depth and interview the main guy today for Madden who is a HUGE NHL '94 fan.

I'll most likely delete this post after a few days so let me know.

Certainly it needs to be in there if it's part of the genesis of the game (pun not intended, but wholly embraced). But I don't know how much of it needs to be there (how much detail) and what that'll require cutting out from elsewhere in the movie. We want to know everything, but there's only so much time... :)

That's really cool that the current Madden guy is a '94 fan.

having it connected to madden perhaps attracts more viewers? i like it.

I agree with Darrell. I know when I was in college 90-94 it was a toss up which game we'd play - Madden or 92-94. Had no clue they were linked that closely.

How interested would you guys be in knowing more about the link between Madden Football and the origin of the NHL series from a designer standpoint.

The reason I'm asking this is that 80% of the history of what became NHL '94 is directly linked to Madden.

If 80% of the history of what became NHL'94 is tied to Madden, you gotta tell that story! But! This is an NHL94 doc, right? So I figure it will still be 90% about NHL'94. (You aren't suggesting that the doc will be about Madden and NHL'94 together -- with equal representation -- right?)

Something interesting to do is go play the ROM of Madden '92 Link provided and note the similarities to NHL Hockey (NHL 92) on Gens

http://play.emuparadise.me/playonline/Genesis/John_Madden_Football_'92_(USA,_Europe)/38505

Edited by McMikey

I had a thought.

Maybe you could edit these "making of the game" into a web-series to help promote the main documentary?

That way, people who watch the documentary would already have the backstory of the game itself.

Or maybe, they need to be stitched into a documentary of their own.

I had a thought.

Maybe you could edit these "making of the game" into a web-series to help promote the main documentary?

That way, people who watch the documentary would already have the backstory of the game itself.

Or maybe, they need to be stitched into a documentary of their own.

That's a really good idea. I think the documentary should still be "complete" in that some of the development of the game is covered, but a more in-depth video released online could really get people interested (way more than a typical trailer). Or extra footage from the tournaments that isn't used ("watch the movie to find out who won it all!")

It's an important piece of NHL'94 history, and a huge piece of video game history. In my mind, the two franchises are inextricably linked; they feel like siblings to me. So, yes, there should definitely be a space for it.

Something interesting to do is go play the ROM of Madden '92 Link provided and note the similarities to NHL Hockey (NHL 92) on Gens

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://play.emuparadise.me/playonline/Genesis/John_Madden_Football_"href="http://play.emuparadise.me/playonline/Genesis/John_Madden_Football_" 92_(usa,_europe)="" 38505"="">http://play.emuparadise.me/playonline/Genesis/John_Madden_Football_'92_(USA,_Europe)/38505

Europe / Mega Drive had a 2-in-1 combo of EA Hockey and John Madden Football, too. I have that cart around here, somewhere.

EDIT:

rsz_eapct20sportspct20doublepct20header.