NHL'94 Forums

Fall'16 GENS PLAYOFFS

kingraph

The season is over and the results are in! Note for GENS-A I made an adjustment for games not played vs. Donnybrook as he disappeared, never responded and I didn't replace him in time.

Site is loaded with the matchups, please try to play your series as quick as possible. Don't want to FF anyone, and won't if an effort is being made to play!

For GENS-A, top 8 made playoffs (division winners were 1-2 seed, next 6 in), 5-8 was seeded by win%.

01. FPB vs 08. Brutus

02. Depch vs 07. TexasPachyderm

03. kingraph vs 06. Zeppelin (lol, we ALWAYS meet)

04. AJ vs 05. IceStorm

GENS-B, conference winners are 1-2, next best 10 make it. Top 4 get bye in round 01.

01. Danglesious (plays winner of 8 vs 9)

02. Texas (plays winner of 7 vs 10)

03. Aqualizard (plays winner of 6 v2 11)

04. Pearate (plays winner of 5 vs 12)

05. Atomic Raven vs 12. Chefstar88

06. jmj vs 11. lasyoen

07. Darko vs 10. CBKid

08. jer_33 vs 09. monkyjuice1702

GOOD LUCK!

I didn't know the season was ending so soon!!! FPB kicked me out of the group chat and my AIM contacts don't load correctly. In other words, there are some people I can't contact unless it is through the group chat (or they message me first)!

Good luck to everyone!!

Edited by Premium

I messaged Plabax about playing games this past weekend, and we agreed to Saturday, ended up playing Sunday. No issues finding/playing the Kid, as usual for me, so I found it ODD when I checked the standings afterwards and saw him way down on the games played. Kid normally plays most of his games in a league.

Now I know why. Probably should have went to Raph about your AIM chat status/issue w/ FPB in group though little bud, especially given you are in the jacked up Canada is not America zone using AIM.

I can say, of all the leagues/chats,etc I've been in, I've yet to see "Brutus kicked from group chat", so you have to own up to that some on your own for those twat tendencies. But then again, if I did, I'd probably not ask to be put back in either. That whole f-em probably comes quick to the tongue.

I can say, of all the leagues/chats,etc I've been in, I've yet to see "Brutus kicked from group chat", so you have to own up to that some on your own for those twat tendencies. But then again, if I did, I'd probably not ask to be put back in either. That whole f-em probably comes quick to the tongue.

I can agree, but for what it's worth, FPB was kicked from the GDL 15 group chat as well. I don't ask not because I know I'm in the wrong, but because I know guys like FPB aren't in pristine mental condition like I am.

LOL there has to be an issue, not sure how an 0-31 team makes the playoffs as a 12 seed in a 16 team league

I was wondering about how the teams were chosen for playoffs. Raph can we get some input? I don't want to start playoffs if theres been a glitch.

thx

Edited by AtomicRaven

I was wondering about how the teams were chosen for playoffs. Raph can we get some input? I don't want to start playoffs if theres been a glitch.

thx

Yes Raph, can we have the result for the A and the B, Hockeyfan and Plabax are close to enter in the Playoffs.

In A the situation is clear.

There was a -2 points for each missed game, but games against Donny were refunded 3 points then as he went MIA and we did not get a replacement for him early enough.

It looks like B there is a problem as I cannot see how Toronto gets in before Quebec with the same amount of games but -32p before counting possible DNP etc. Same with Pittsburgh, who has 1 more game and 32p more. Pit & Que should propably be ahead of Nyr, La & Phi at least.

In A the situation is clear.

There was a -2 points for each missed game, but games against Donny were refunded 3 points then as he went MIA and we did not get a replacement for him early enough.

It looks like B there is a problem as I cannot see how Toronto gets in before Quebec with the same amount of games but -32p before counting possible DNP etc. Same with Pittsburgh, who has 1 more game and 32p more. Pit & Que should propably be ahead of Nyr, La & Phi at least.

- 2 point for a DNP, I thought it was - 1, ok, I never paid attention. But the refund of 3 point is curious, why not just delete all games from Donny ? Isn't it more equitable ?

By the way, where can we find the Rules for the Classic ?

I'm surprised, because every season, it seems that the number of playoffs spot are chosen near to the end of the regular season.

And the rules seems to be adapted every season and change without any announcement.

I think it can be good for everyone to have clear rules at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Pearate

WOOOPS! Mistake in GENS B, completely my fault.

You can always find the rules on Chaos' introductory post. Only unique thing was Donny's DNP's this season, I made the executive decision to do that because I was too busy this season to replace him earlier.

B League Matchups should be

Atomic vs CBKID (5 vs 12)

JMJ vs monkeyjuice (6 v 11)

Darko vs skip (7 vs 10)

jer vs JV (8 vs 9)

I'll set up the playoff matchups when I can, I'm sorry for the confusion.

You can always find the rules on Chaos' introductory post. Only unique thing was Donny's DNP's this season, I made the executive decision to do that because I was too busy this season to replace him earlier.

I have read this rules before my first season in 2010. I have completely forgot that they exist... :)

Sweet, thanks for fixing that, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't have the chance for a nice early round exit vs. my boy Darko!

Haha yeah! I think each time we are both in Classic we meet in the playoffs!

Crazy thing!!!

Another revenge of our past series my friend!

Edited by Darko99

GG's to Ice. We had a good series with not a lot of room for anyone to operate. Thanks for getting them in early bud.

Brut and FPB, I leave the country on Thursday and Ill be gone for two weeks. Id love to get our series in before that. If you guys could play sooner rather than later I would really appreciate it and I will do my best to play before I leave.