NHL'94 Forums

Do you still play against the computer ?

PixelDragon

Do you still play against the computer in NHL'94 ?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play against the computer in NHL'94 ?

• Yes, I love that !
    • Yes, for trainning
    • No, this is for noobs !
    • Don't ask silly questions !
  2. 2. Would you play in a League where some Teams are played by the computer ?

• Yes, absolutly
    • Yes, why not
    • No, not enough challenge
    • I'm against, I don't like the Computer
    • Don't ask silly questions !

I play the CPU if I haven't played for a while prior to playing a human.

I put certain "rules" against myself to make it more realistic. First, I'm not trying to run up the score and twerk on the CPU. I try to play as if the human would switch to goalie and stop certain moves, so I focus more on getting off one timers vs the CPU, or adding a B shot (which I almost never do vs humans). I also on defense mentally consider the CPU to have scored on me if I gave up a strong scoring chance EVEN if the CPU won't, because they tend to skate straight at your goalie and shoot, instead of using a deke &/or one timer pass.

This helps me know sharpen up and knock off rust if I haven't played in a while.

I would not think we COULD use CPU in a league if you wanted STATS kept because you can just abuse certain issues vs a CPU and it would ruin the value of stats. In addition, you have the problem of this:

Which game is the other guys in the league LOADING?? Is it there 20th try vs the CPU or first try?? Human vs human guarantees the accurate game was loaded (minus desynchs).

I play the CPU if I haven't played for a while prior to playing a human.

I would not think we COULD use CPU in a league if you wanted STATS kept because you can just abuse certain issues vs a CPU and it would ruin the value of stats. In addition, you have the problem of this:

Which game is the other guys in the league LOADING?? Is it there 20th try vs the CPU or first try?? Human vs human guarantees the accurate game was loaded (minus desynchs).

Interesting, The great problem is that the computer is not good enough. For the loading, there is some solution, a referee may be designated. Or an obligation to declare that you play your game at a precise time, and you save the video.

Complicate anyway.

If only the CPU was better and offered a challenge, it would be nice.

I always played Big Soccer League with my friends on Pro Evolution Soccer at the time. This was really great.

I would like to play in a Big Hockey League, were you could take, for example, an European Team, play the National League, and The European Cup ! Or progress in the Nord American structure, until you are good enough to play in the NHL.

Or try an Asian Challenge :)

I dream on a better CPU

We need to break the code of this game or build our own one :)

I forget how it was done but on my old laptop (it's been a few years), I used to play with some settings I could twerk and the CPU games would be on CRACK speed.

This made it challenging, as no matter how fast the game speed runs, the CPU reaction is not delayed.

But, I had to make all my decisions much faster.

If someone remembers how to do that, it would help others in enjoying a CPU challenge here & there.

I forget how it was done but on my old laptop (it's been a few years), I used to play with some settings I could twerk and the CPU games would be on CRACK speed.

This made it challenging, as no matter how fast the game speed runs, the CPU reaction is not delayed.

But, I had to make all my decisions much faster.

If someone remembers how to do that, it would help others in enjoying a CPU challenge here & there.

Change the region in the emulator from auto to Euro.

How are you doing that ? I know that some guys can play an arcade shoot'em up with the 2 saucers, one stick in each hand.

But in your case, I don't see

It's easy i just need one controller,

Fisrt,

Configure your gamepad to be the  player 1 after configure the keyboard for player 2.

Second, 

Choose your team with keyboard and gamepad. After make the line change if you want and after your are ready to play the game change the configuration of the player 2 to your gamepad and after you control the two team.

If you want see the result here me video i made with this :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXx-omimUKM

Edited by Maitrefun

Fisrt,

Configure your gamepad to be the player 1 after configure the keyboard for player 2.

Second,

Choose your team with keyboard and gamepad. After make the line change if you want and after your are ready to play the game change the configuration of the player 2 to your gamepad and after you control the two team.

Haha :) This is really Fun

The only thing is that I have a doubt about the reality of the video, if this is live, how can you push the B button from the two players at the engagement, after the first goal, with only 1 hand ? :P

Ok I understand know, this is really crazy !

Edited by Pearate

Fisrt,

Configure your gamepad to be the player 1 after configure the keyboard for player 2.

Second,

If you want see the result here me video i made with this :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXx-omimUKM

I knew you could do this, but that's crazy. Sick ROM btw ;)

Fisrt,

Second,

I understand know, the two teams control are mapped on the same pad.

This is awesome !

I need to try ! :lol:

Fisrt,

Second,

If you want see the result here me video i made with this :

Dude this is awesome!!!

I tried 2 games last night to see and it's pretty fun!!!

Thx for sharing that.

C'est génialissime!!!

I sometimes hone pass shots against cpu when bored or if I have not played against anyone in a while, but honestly a save state with a penalty shot situation would be better for that.

I've also tested some chemistry of players during drafts and pre-drafts against computer, but that can be misleading as playing against human it's very different. Larmer against cpu as C was extremely efficient with onetimers, but against human defence, the positioning just wasn't the same. I'm pointing out to GDL 13 as an example where I drafted a duo of Oates-Larmer.

Overall I have played very little against computer. In the 90's it was always against human opponents as well, I do not recall playing playoffs or a full season against computer ever.

Thats really neat maitrefun

Now im wondering, since thats possible you could probably play a 2on2 rom against 1 person, with you each controlling both players on each team.

Im not sure if it would work online (or at all for that matter), but itd be fun to try