NHL'94 Forums

Congrats XCing1030 - new SNES Classic champ!

annatar

Wanted to put this up today cause Tim deserves some kudos.

I thought I had everything figured out with the Devils. I was wrong and XCing made me pay with Buffalo. Our first game, we traded goals and he got the last one. Then in game 2 everything was going in for me and I built on that in game 3, but then he pushed back hard. Clamped down on D and I just didn't have enough to break through.

Mogilny was the star but he also got a lot of offense out of Khmylev.

9-8 BUF

11-2 NJ

5-2 NJ

5-2 BUF

2-0 BUF

7-6 BUF

Good games bud, you earned it. No Classic 3 peat for me! Now go start your own streak.

To all who don't know this, annatar is the ultimate player and sportsman. No surprise he has won as many times as he has. I really do feel if this series was played 10 more times I would lose all 10. But something got in me today, I knew once I won game 4, I needed defense to really step in, and the goals would come. Also, I had to alter my attack to keep annatar off balance. Even when behind in game 6 going into the 3rd with a game 7 looming, I kept the same approach and not letting up on defense. My whole career here I have been known for pretty lackluster defense and my GAA doesn't lie. I figured I belonged in this series given my game 5 performance and knew these chances don't come often

I still can't believe it, great series man, and great run!

Edited by XCing1030

Thanks everyone! It's important to note my seeding really helped me. I didn't have to play c4, bobk, or angryjay. Any of these guys could have easily knocked me out. Also blackdevil had me on the ropes facing elimination twice, he was playing at a high level as well and could have won. Hoping to carry this high into dynasty :)