NHL'94 Forums

OLD TIME HOCKEY

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I played it myself. The aesthetic and style of the game presentation are cool and all but I felt the gameplay and mechanics should have been executed better. like "NHL 94 meets super blood hockey or mutant league hockey" better and also needs customizations and mod support. also a better brawl system.

Edited by bushhockeyfan
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 10:52 PM, bushhockeyfan said:

I played it myself. The aesthetic and style of the game presentation are cool and all but I felt the gameplay and mechanics should have been executed better. like "NHL 94 meets super blood hockey or mutant league hockey" better and also needs customizations and mod support. also a better brawl system.

The fighting is alright it happens a lot. To the point where you can win a game just by beating up the other team.

On 4/3/2019 at 4:51 PM, PenguinFan1985 said:

The fighting is alright it happens a lot. To the point where you can win a game just by beating up the other team.

I respect your opinion, but I hugely disagree.

The fights are just very stiff one on one with one hit that every time leads to a repetitive jersey grab lock every fight that leads to a 3 hits your out fight with the occasional one hit during the hockey-stick fights. And the line and bench brawls should have been more simultaneously hectic rather than duplicating the one on one fight for each instigated skater and passing itself off as a line or bench brawl. When a more of a group brawler mechanic would have worked better for line/bench brawls (look at super blood hockey for this example done right), and Injuries should not just always happen during the fights it should also occur during the game in play where the players health diminishes from taking damage from each check and hit being thrown at them, until they are injured and out of the game entirely. Maybe even end up on the ice, or against the boards in a ragdoll fashion if the game was also physics-based. 

If anything, for a game that presents itself as an "arcade-style hockey game" that tries pride itself as old time hockey or a bush league hockey videogame, this where the game should have at least tried to step up, offer more, and have more hockey antics and violence happen in the game. Such as, players getting smashed through a pane glass window or into a goal post, helmets getting knocked off and team uniforms getting destroyed and ripped off, and everyone's favorite moment, players knocked into the team's benches or penalty box. Now that's how you make a violent-oriented hockey video game to be considered Bush hockey league.

Edited by bushhockeyfan