NHL'94 Forums

Nintendo Switch - SNES NHL 94 Online Play

jbalicki10

A NEW AGE IS UPON US

Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

• Like 1

I've read a bit more on it. The info is still a bit vague. It seems that they will release old games to play, so no guarantee that nhl94 will be one of them. Also no guarantee that the game will be playable beyond the month it is available(like you currently get with xbx1 and ps4).

12 hours ago, halifax said:

I've read a bit more on it. The info is still a bit vague. It seems that they will release old games to play, so no guarantee that nhl94 will be one of them. Also no guarantee that the game will be playable beyond the month it is available(like you currently get with xbx1 and ps4).

It's only free for a month.  If you purchase the game, you can play it to your heart's content.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaos said:

It's only free for a month.  If you purchase the game, you can play it to your heart's content.

can i play it to my heart's content against other buds online?

• 1 year later...

I’d love to see nhl 94 on the Switch!!! And be able to play people online. I have never tried via the PC but I would love to play against online opponents!!! Nintendo , Sega and EA make it happen. Also, Madden 92/93, Live 95, Sports Talk Baseball would be fantastic.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

They released Nintendo games yesterday which included ice hockey and Tecmo bowl and it was for online play. 

Snes games can’t be to far behind And sega games will be there as well

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/18/17873834/sega-genesis-classics-nintendo-switch-sonic-golden-axe-release-date-price

No nhl94 however  but I  suppose a glimmer of me had hope that maybe we could get it since Tecmo bowl made it in

• Like 1

9 hours ago, halifax said:

They released Nintendo games yesterday which included ice hockey and Tecmo bowl and it was for online play. 

Snes games can’t be to far behind And sega games will be there as well

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/18/17873834/sega-genesis-classics-nintendo-switch-sonic-golden-axe-release-date-price

No nhl94 however  but I  suppose a glimmer of me had hope that maybe we could get it since Tecmo bowl made it in

I doubt nhl94 will ever be rereleased due to licensing issues and EA. Tecmo bowl does not use the real players names on the rerelease, only their numbers.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, chaos said:

I doubt nhl94 will ever be rereleased due to licensing issues and EA. Tecmo bowl does not use the real players names on the rerelease, only their numbers.

you just love to rain on my parade bud.