NHL'94 Forums

"Et tu, Brute?" League ***NEW LEAGUE- SIGN UP***

Brutus

Additional League Options  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Penalties?

• Penalties off, B check enabled
    • Penalties On, but penalties reduced to 30 seconds each (or 1 minute if this is not able to be done)
    • Don't Care, just want to play.
  2. 2. Keeper Draft or Regular One & Done?

• I would like to be part of a continuous draft where I keep part of my team for the next season
    • I want to do one draft, and then completely reset IF I join again next season.
    • I don't care, but I'm good with either.

"Ok, DO NOT TAKE THE POLL UNLESS YOU ARE IN.  The poll part is ONLY for the final details of the league."

Just summarizing for the sheer abundance of time and interest for the upcoming league. Halifax took the poll, but perhaps he did not read the above, or is just practising for KO from the SNES side. Lupz will propably trade a team that he can compete somehow in A at least but are in a similar compete level with J&J, Tex made the jump in Classic and performed close to .500 in plablegs compared to an inferior team vs Lupz.

A: Brutus, Depch, FPB, Ice, Habs, KingRaph, Zeppelin, Tex

in between: J&J, Lupz

B: Atomic, Aqua, Cbk, Chef, CoachMac, Darko, Halifax, Jer, Pearate, Skip

So that is 8 at A and 10 at B plus two I am glad I don't have to make the decision about as of current.

Edited by Depch

39 minutes ago, Depch said:

"Ok, DO NOT TAKE THE POLL UNLESS YOU ARE IN.  The poll part is ONLY for the final details of the league."

Just summarizing for the sheer abundance of time and interest for the upcoming league. Halifax took the poll, but perhaps he did not read the above, or is just practising for KO from the SNES side. Lupz will propably trade a team that he can compete somehow in A at least but are in a similar compete level with J&J, Tex made the jump in Classic and performed close to .500 in plablegs compared to an inferior team vs Lupz.

A: Brutus, Depch, FPB, Ice, Habs, KingRaph, Zeppelin, Tex

in between: J&J, Lupz

B: Atomic, Aqua, Cbk, Chef, CoachMac, Darko, Halifax, Jer, Pearate, Skip

So that is 8 at A and 10 at B plus two I am glad I don't have to make the decision about as of current.

Lupz asked to be in A, so as of now, it would be an easy 9 A / 9 B.

Halifax is out.  He's an SNES guy (probably can't read!) But JV said he was in.  So, based on his win percentage of late, I was thinking he's B, at least for season 1.

Ok so

A: Brutus, Depch, FPB, Habs, Ice, KingRaph, Lupz, Tex, Zeppelin

in between: J&J

B: Atomic, Aqua, Cbk, Chef, CoachMac, Darko, Jer, Pearate, Skip, JV

9A / 10B, one in between (kinda easy go for A if these are the participants to balance it out)

Plabax always talks high and has the resume also to back the words up from Blitz physics leagues and his ability win them at ease, but I'd hope to see him in as well have things changed as of late. I think players are more knowledgeable and CB has brought some players closer to Blitz now than a year ago or so to give up better challenge.

Love the classic players, the blind draft, the tough keeper choices etc..

If trading is allowed, not sure if it was discussed, does the players previous draft position move with them?

And Brut, great video.. not sure if you slurred through my name, but I didn't hear it. Make sure I'm in that draft lottery! I want bingo balls!

A Latin sentence meaning “Even you, Brutus?” from the play Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare. Caesar utters these words as he is being stabbed to death, having recognized his friend Brutus among the assassins. Note : “Et tu, Brute?” is used to express surprise and dismay at the treachery of a supposed friend.

For those who didn't know Doug was a Renaissance man.

Also perfect name for a League run by this madman.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vegas and if you get the urge skiing is great here this year.

This league should be great I am looking forward to be involved.

Edited by CoachMac
update

I'll post more clearly the exact layout rules later on.  Still hung over from last night & I slurred through your name Jer :)

Trading is allowed, but not before draft starts & each season there is a new draft lottery.

So, you will not be able to trade a player before the drop/keeper stage.  

Each season, there will be a new draft class.  All players not kept from a previous season are out of the game/unavailable again unless we cycle through players and they make it back into a draft pool in a later season, and even then, it might be a different year/version of that player (i.e. the dominant Hasek from '98).

So, Roy will be drafted at goalie by someone.  If they choose to not keep him for Season 2, then he disappears.  Different goalies from the all time player pool will be in the draft pool for Season 2, so maybe you take a  goalie like Tretiak if Russians end up making it in!  There will never be 8 great goalies available in a draft, as league balance keeps game play similar to the original while still offering variety of names/players.

Anyhow, each draft will be SIMILAR to all other drafts you've done in terms of end talent overall on your team regardless of how you manuever.

If you keep your Rd 1 pick player, then that draft you don't have a Rd 1 pick to draft with.  That's simple.  Your pick slot where ever it falls from the draft lottery for that upcoming season will be used to take your protected player.  If your player cost additional draft picks to keep (this is your 3rd season with player OR he went high in that round), he will cost an additional draft penalty from a later round.  So, in the example on the video, Mario cost 1.1 to draft.  You were lucky to get the #1 overall pick but to keep that player next season (a value of the #1 overall pick still), your round 4 pick would get moved to say in between Rd 7 & Rd 8.

This prevents the keeper aspect from creating an imbalance / stacked teams while still enabling guys to have freedom to keep some of their team each season & try to manuever into a better team.  It also stops guys who draft top 3-4 in any draft of having that top pick value locked each of the following season by using the keeper option.

anyhow, I'll more clearly define keeper rules & penalties at a later time.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Brutus said:

Here is the weighted list of balls prior to actual draft lottery.

image.jpeg

I don't give a s**t as I like where I'm picking, but you did the number of balls backwards (I'm assuming you gave more balls to the guys you thought could use a leg up for having a higher pick 6, 7, and 8) so if I'm correct you want to do the draft in order of 1-20 not 20-1, you should have given a guy like Coach 6 balls (less likely to get picked early in lottery), and a guy like Raph 8 balls (more likely to get picked early in the lottery process).

As usual awesome video just my .02, and as usual I'm open for trade takes boys HMU.

Balls picked #1 first, so it was done correctly.  I just revealed from bottom up.

and team names are going to be picked from team list provided by Coach.  It will be based on teams in league from 1981, which had 21 teams.

I'll get that list out as soon as Chaos sets us up with our own forum.  I'd rather not have one giant post!

And thx Raph.  

36 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Balls picked #1 first, so it was done correctly.  I just revealed from bottom up.

and team names are going to be picked from team list provided by Coach.  It will be based on teams in league from 1981, which had 21 teams.

I'll get that list out as soon as Chaos sets us up with our own forum.  I'd rather not have one giant post!

And thx Raph.  

I can set up a subforum for this league -- General Discussion, Draft, Videos work?

funny video!! It was better than the first one haha! I laughed at the bit about Jerjer's kids......sometimes i feel like im playing against them lol.

All sounds good so far....thanks Brutus.

49 minutes ago, kingraph said:

I can set up a subforum for this league -- General Discussion, Draft, Videos work?

Yeah, that's exactly what I emailed chaos for so it would work great!

thx