NHL'94 Forums

Next Edge of 94 WI Tournament possible dates

Guys,

I've been given two dates in March that particularly work with my schedule as of right now.  Those dates are March 18th and 25th.  There are those that have expressed interest in making the journey this time.  Please reply with your availability if you are in fact serious.  I'd like to get the date locked down ASAP before it's no longer available.  I'm sincerely hoping that we can get some more traveling talent this time around, especially from the states.

Also, I would consider the addition of a SNES bracket, but would need considerable help from the community in the way of equipment in order to do so.  At this point I only have one SNES and a clone system, not enough to support the number of stations we've had in play for Genesis.  If you would be willing to supply a setup, would you?  We knocked $5 per borrowed console off up to two setups to anyone that was able to bring a setup last time.  We have enough TVs to go around.

I see many responses so far, which is extremely encouraging.  What about the SNES factor?  Any of you able to provide a two controller + game copy setup for use?  If so just 1, or more?  I think if we add SNES this event will really grow, but as we don't take any revenue from this, we need the community's help to pull that off.  We are already broke paying for all the Genesis hardware ;).

Edited by King of 94' WI

Double post for the win!

Well winter sucks, so let's make this happen.  I'm in the process of trying to get the venue confirmed.  Moe Man and I are in the process of discussing some format changes to group play since it seemed to blow by so fast last tournament.  The game play rules would remain unchanged at this point.

-Trojan

Talk to coach, but aside from the tournament play you could have a set-up for his play-off runs.

You could run a video station for people to attempt to break Kingraph's scoring record on Twin Galaxies. 

I also have the set-up (console/multitap/everdrive/controllers) to run our 2v2 rom for 4 guys to play.

Edited by jer_33
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jer_33 said:

Talk to coach, but aside from the tournament play you could have a set-up for his play-off runs.

You could run a video station for people to attempt to break Kingraph's scoring record on Twin Galaxies. 

I also have the set-up (console/multitap/everdrive/controllers) to run our 2v2 rom for 4 guys to play.

I like this.

.I have an everdrive set-up also.

I have a multitap or whatever it's called for Genesis.  Moe man and I are also in possession of multiple retro pie setups.

For the most part, there is literally no waiting to play unless your next opponent took much time picking a line and is holding up the next game.  We had something like 13 Genesis consoles in play last time.

• kingraph changed the title to Next Edge of 94 WI Tournament possible dates