NHL'94 Forums

**FINAL ROM** (SNES Dynasty Season 4/nhl96)

FINAL League ROM! Let's Play Hockey!!!

Here the FINAL SNES Dynasty season4, nhl96 league ROM------> SNES-Dynasty-S4-96.smc

Please delete all TEST ROMs, thanks

I carefully rechecked all teams. All lineups are official now.

Everyone have fun, except for annatar and BobK. Let's all try to take them down this year! HAHAHA

Edited by c4outlaws

My Team (Ott Civics) looks perfect, but I've played a couple exis against Annatar's Houston team (because they're the best IMO) and noticed some errors.

-Lindros is underrated in his stickhandling and passing (and maybe others).

-Leclair is overrated in several areas including AG, OffAw, DfAw, Stck Handl, End, Passing, maybe others.

-Zhamnov is overrated in SP, and underrated in DfAw

-Stevens is overrated in DfAw.

I haven't done a full review, but it seems the Houston team is a bit wonky.

I'm fine if you leave Lindros as is, but Leclair has got to be corrected! LOL

2 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

My Team (Ott Civics) looks perfect, but I've played a couple exis against Annatar's Houston team (because they're the best IMO) and noticed some errors.

-Lindros is underrated in his stickhandling and passing (and maybe others).

-Leclair is overrated in several areas including AG, OffAw, DfAw, Stck Handl, End, Passing, maybe others.

-Zhamnov is overrated in SP, and underrated in DfAw

-Stevens is overrated in DfAw.

I haven't done a full review, but it seems the Houston team is a bit wonky.

I'm fine if you leave Lindros as is, but Leclair has got to be corrected! LOL

The ratings come straight from the NHL '96 rom, so however Lindros was made, those are the stats/skills he was bid on, and stats/skills that should be put into the game for play based on the Dynasty rules setup up back when we were using the '93 ROM.

Certain players who are bad in the '94 ROM become great in '96, or ones that are bad in '96 become great in '98, and it lead to the entire bidding/years VALUE a player would/would not have for the auction.

Didn't seem like we were trying to arbitrarily change the numbers to fit with reality post-auction, for certain. 

So, just to clarify, we are using the "converted" tables from the file in this post from when we started: 

Some of the values in the test ROM do not correspond to the "NHL 96 converted" tab in that file. My team looks perfect, but I've found players on other teams that are incorrect.

For example, according to that file, Lindros should have 85 stickhandling and 100 passing, but in the test ROM, he is rated 65 for both, which needs to be corrected in the ROM.

Edited by Bob Kudelski

4 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

So, just to clarify, we are using the "converted" tables from the file in this post from when we started: 

Some of the values in the test ROM do not correspond to the "NHL 96 converted" tab in that file. My team looks perfect, but I've found players on other teams that are incorrect.

For example, according to that file, Lindros should have 85 stickhandling and 100 passing, but in the test ROM, he is rated 65 for both, which needs to be corrected in the ROM.

So, Lindros is OFF, but LeClair is actually MUCH WORSE!

Good catch though.  I see now C4 caught it as well and is correcting ROM.

The ROM has be updated. I rechecked every team and everything, except lineups, should be correct. Also, just to clarify something....The conversions are from the Gens ROMs and they slightly vary from the SNES ROMs. Being we can't hack the ratings from the SNES ROMs then we have to use the current conversion file. 

Edited by c4outlaws