Sign in to follow this  
smozoma

Article: NHLers from 1990s Sun Belt expansion share their weird and wacky memories | The Hockey News

smozoma    100

It's not easy being part of an expansion team. From the draft process through to stepping on the ice for the first time, these six NHLers share their unique experiences.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/roundtable-nhlers-from-1990s-sun-belt-expansion-share-their-weird-and-wacky-memories

• Like 1

Bob Kudelski    16

Some good stories in there.

I think the funniest was the guy who was attending the fair and wandered into the Tampa dressing room looking for a washroom.

That was a real good read- especially for those of us who live in the Sun Belt locales and grew up with these franchises trying to make their mark in the NHL.

I remember going to Lightning games way back in the early 90's and hearing people say things like "shoot the dang thang!" It was painfully obvious a large majority of people had no clue about hockey. A far cry from where the game is now... a true salute to those players and organizations for growing the game in these markets the way they have.

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

kgman    12

nobody gives a fuck about hockey in those states .....hell I don't even watch hockey anymore ......back to Dr Phil how bow Dat!