NHL'94 Forums

SEGATHON this Saturday

segathon

Having our annual NHL 95 Tourny this Saturday at a Buds house and hope to have the Twitch stream up 

https://www.twitch.tv/segathonsov

Starts around 3pm but normally later in the night the stream will be more lively 

• Thanks 1

Probably the Ultimate and Original Live Event!!

Regional and International Competitions.  You guys got it all.

That I know of!

The Inspiration for Our Live Events!

Great Web-site!

Someday I'll make Minnesota!!!

Somebody BEAT NATE!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Probably the Ultimate and Original Live Event!!

Regional and International Competitions.  You guys got it all.

That I know of!

The Inspiration for Our Live Events!

Great Web-site!

Someday I'll make Minnesota!!!

Somebody BEAT NATE!

We'll have a big one at a bar again soon and give you notice, just nice to leave 400lbs of tube Tvs In one guys basement for the last 3 yrs. 

Nates unbeatable,  need one of one you nhl 94 ringers to take him down,  

Any local twin cities guys on the nhl94 board?  Pm me and I'll give you details for Saturday tourney.  

• Like 1

I caught bits and pieces of the feed throughout the day. Fun to watch and congrats on the victory! However nothing beat the one guy raging and attempting to smash another guy with the chair. 

• Like 1

Thanks!

Nate not being able to play created a power vacuum like when a big South American Drug Lord goes to Prison, and all the small time crooks try to get the power!  I hadn't had a good run lately so I think people underestimated me and getting a top seed helped as well.  

Yeah "Chair guy" as he was called on the feed, was on a whole other planet,  might need to it have Segathon at a bar next time so we have professional bouncers :)  Kinda glad the sound didn't work as I'm sure some parts of audio were not PG-13

1 minute ago, kingraph said:

I did catch a bit of the stream (thanks Coach for the heads up on AIM), but sound was off.  Missed the chair smashing, that would have been great to see.

Some capture cards have a video delay. They'll need to add a sound delay (it's an option somewhere in OBS Studio, if that's what they're using to stream)

• Like 1

Yeah I was having issues with the sound.  What ends up happening is I get a high pitch screech over the whole thing.  So I just took out sound for feed.  Need to troubleshoot this not on gameday, too many drunks to herd and run feed at same time.  May need to pick your brain on the sound stuff another day.

You can still watch the past broadcast and see chair throws mixed in the last few hours of the feed.  Poor guy busted his hand at some point.  Most of it was all in fun....I think  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121840217 

Also picked up a lot on ebay with 6 NHL 94 carts so Segathon has the capability to do 94, although I think the board of Segathon Governors may not sanction that event :)

7 minutes ago, segathon said:

Yeah I was having issues with the sound.  What ends up happening is I get a high pitch screech over the whole thing.  So I just took out sound for feed.  Need to troubleshoot this not on gameday, too many drunks to herd and run feed at same time.  May need to pick your brain on the sound stuff another day.

You can still watch the past broadcast and see chair throws mixed in the last few hours of the feed.  Poor guy busted his hand at some point.  Most of it was all in fun....I think  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121840217 

Also picked up a lot on ebay with 6 NHL 94 carts so Segathon has the capability to do 94, although I think the board of Segathon Governors may not sanction that event :)

Ah OK I hear the weird high pitched noise. Might be able to add a Low Pass Filter for around (guessing) 18kHz to get rid of it (if obs studio has that option..). 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

heads up doing our Segathon again this Sat 3pm start but chair smashing normally doesnt start till late.  I think I may have sound fixed as well.  

Also have are new rankings up to honor Presidents day with our Top 45.

http://www.segathon.com/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, segathon said:

heads up doing our Segathon again this Sat 3pm start but chair smashing normally doesnt start till late.  I think I may have sound fixed as well.  

Also have are new rankings up to honor Presidents day with our Top 45.

http://www.segathon.com/

The Chair incident from last year was the highlight of that tournament(if only the sound was on). I still feel like I can hear Jim Ross's voice commentating now.

Loved that QB Browns is Putin. :lol:

• Like 1

• halifax changed the title to SEGATHON this Saturday

If you want to go all low tech about it, i'd recommend just killing the audio input from the game, and then using your webcam's mic to capture the audio via the tv speakers.

It's crude, but also picks up everything else, and you don't have to manage it.

You should come to GB just to see what i'm working with.

Image may contain: screen and laptop

• Like 1

11 hours ago, halifax said:

The Chair incident from last year was the highlight of that tournament(if only the sound was on). I still feel like I can hear Jim Ross's voice commentating now.

Loved that QB Browns is Putin. :lol:

Stream should be good this year as you have to play with a president mask on.  Obama v Dick Cheney is going to be a good one.

I'm going full heal with a Hillary Mask another guy is going as Kim Jong Il

9 hours ago, King of 94' WI said:

If you want to go all low tech about it, i'd recommend just killing the audio input from the game, and then using your webcam's mic to capture the audio via the tv speakers.

It's crude, but also picks up everything else, and you don't have to manage it.

You should come to GB just to see what i'm working with.

Image may contain: screen and laptop

It's on my bucket list for sure.  Wish all these tourneys were around 10 years ago when I didn't have 3 kids and a mortgage :) 

10 hours ago, segathon said:

Stream should be good this year as you have to play with a president mask on.  Obama v Dick Cheney is going to be a good one.

I'm going full heal with a Hillary Mask another guy is going as Kim Jong Il

I'd just go as Trump and grab you all by the ....