NHL'94 Forums

SNES Dynasty 4 is now underway!

1 hour ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Hey buds, are there checkpoints for extra cap space, like previous seasons?

yes...nothing has changed from previous season in this regard. your cap space resets to $100 million and you can earn $5 million extra for each check point! gotta get 10 games in a week bud.

Curious about home/away advantages in this league work.

SO, if you go into the SNES editor, my team, Michigan Stags, falls on the 16th slot.  (It's done incorrectly based on alphabetical order).

If you then go into the standard SNES '94 rom, and look what team that is replacing, it replaces OTTAWA.

Anyone looking at the manual knows Ottawa is the WORST home/away team in the league.

In all the GENS leagues we do, we edit the home/away advantages to be even.  I DO NOT see an option in this SNES editor.

#1 Is there a way to do this for SNES?
#2 Am I possibly playing with a MAJOR handicap?  I noticed my team seemed like crap vs Fank on the road the other day.

1 minute ago, Brutus said:

#1 Is there a way to do this for SNES?
#2 Am I possibly playing with a MAJOR handicap?  I noticed my team seemed like crap vs Fank on the road the other day.

@Brutus 1. I think the rom would have to be taken into the hex editor to fix, assuming one knew where to look for it.

2.Sorry bud. It's likely that the handicap is likely impacting your team.

Not sure how it works FOR THE SITE where we upload games.

IS it too much to get my team MOVED OFF of the Ottawa slot if I edit it myself onto on of the other slots??

Or would that require a lot of work for Chaos to switch what we use for an Official Rom after the first week?

I mean, having Annatar having the best advantage and me the worst is something I'd like to avoid if I can before I play too many games.

22 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Not sure how it works FOR THE SITE where we upload games.

IS it too much to get my team MOVED OFF of the Ottawa slot if I edit it myself onto on of the other slots??

Or would that require a lot of work for Chaos to switch what we use for an Official Rom after the first week?

I mean, having Annatar having the best advantage and me the worst is something I'd like to avoid if I can before I play too many games.

No, but everyone would have to play with that updated ROM.  It would be interesting to see what everyone's Home/Away Advantage is.  We should have them all set to even, or the same.  4 seasons in and no one even thought of this!  This is a huge handicap.

I don't have time today, stuck working etc & work fairly late plus finishing up the league setup from the Gens league I'm running.

BUT, if someone takes the editor and puts their team on 2 different slots, one say where Chicago would be and one where mine is from Ottawa, and then host 2-3 games each way, you should be able to see the difference very easy.

From that point, I KNOW of NO WAY to remove the home/away advantages in SNES, but we could put the actual teams we DRAFTED onto the slots where the teams don't have much of a disadvantage, so they wouldn't be alphabetical on the menu but they would at least play evenly, that'd probably be a good idea.

Just a suggestion.  IF NOT, I'll play out my team on the Ottawa slot and you guys can know the only reason you beat my Gens scrub butt is cause you had to cheat/handicap me!!! :):)

Just commenting that it's REALLY HARD not to read Brutus' comments without SCREAMING at the CAPS sections.  Love that it doesn't seem necessary AT POINTS.  

On a serious note, it's a good observation, something I will also try to peer into. 

6 hours ago, chaos said:

No, but everyone would have to play with that updated ROM.  It would be interesting to see what everyone's Home/Away Advantage is.  We should have them all set to even, or the same.  4 seasons in and no one even thought of this!  This is a huge handicap.

Using the info I was given in editting forums, I made all advantages even. I evened them out before season 2

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, c4outlaws said:

Using the info I was given in editting forums, I made all advantages even. I evened them out before season 2

thanks bud. I had a bit of memory lapse but I do remember you telling me you corrected it then.

3 hours ago, kingraph said:

Just commenting that it's REALLY HARD not to read Brutus' comments without SCREAMING at the CAPS sections.  Love that it doesn't seem necessary AT POINTS.  

On a serious note, it's a good observation, something I will also try to peer into. 

@ ICE

I'll be SURE to not do this as much in the FUTURE :)

2 hours ago, c4outlaws said:

Thanks man.

I'm glad to hear that I am not using the Ottawa settings.  Sorry to toss up the red flag, but I was looking in the editor and so no option.  Didn't see anything in the forums, but this new forum isn't so easy for me to navigate.

Apprecate your great work.