davefmurray

[April 7-8, 2017 - Madison, WI] - Tecmo Madison: Friday Night Retro (NHL 95 - GENS)

23 posts in this topic

Howdy, gents! I know I am not a supremely active member, but am your brother in retro gaming as an admin from TecmoBowl.org. I am just gonna drop this a little diddy here because my buddy @segathon and I have joined mythical forces to bring an epic weekend opener to my Tecmo Madison tournament, Tecmo Madison: Friday Night Retro!

Mods, if this is not allowed or needs further clarification, shoot me a PM.

TMFNR.jpg

Friday night has been blown out. Starting at 6:00PM, Friday, April 7th, head to the High Noon Saloon in downtown Madison, WI for Tecmo Madison: Friday Night Retro!

In addition to the usual registration, equipment drop-off, practice games and beer drinking, Segathon.com will be sponsoring an NBA Jam: Tournament Edition tournament and an NHL95 tournament — both on Sega Genesis! Both tournaments will have cash prizes, various game specific autographed items and trophies. Be crowned the first ever Tecmo Madison: Friday Night Retro champion in either game!

Tecmo-Madison-Friday-Night-Retro.png

But, that is not all. It is NOT ALL! Tecmo Madison XIII will also feature a play-in tournament for those on the wait list! Top 2 are guaranteed placement into Saturday’s main event!

….but wait, there’s more… we will have a mini Tecmo Super Bowl tournament with some not so Tecmo Madison rules. Trust me, you’ll want to play in this. Even I will have a chance to beat Regulator.

All events are open to the public, you do not have to be participating in Tecmo Madison XIII to enjoy the evening’s festivities. The cover to get in is $0 – yes, FREE! Each tournament will have a small entry fee to fund the cash prizes.

Good beer, good retro gaming and good pizza. Friday night is going to be awesome. Don’t miss out.

Long Live Tecmo,
davefmurray

http://tecmomadison.com/friday-night-schedule-update/

1 person likes this

My car will be loaded to the gills with Sega Genesis's to bring a little Segathon to Madtown on Friday night.  I need to figure out the details with time and running 2 different games but I'll figure it out soon.  If you were on the fence about coming to Madison for a Tecmo weekend hope this puts you over.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, segathon said:

My car will be loaded to the gills with Sega Genesis's to bring a little Segathon to Madtown on Friday night.

How will you fit all the mats?

Looks awesome...wish I could make it. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, halifax said:

Looks awesome...wish I could make it. 

Aww bummer. You were asking about Tecmo Madison on T-Borg. I thought you had signed up bud!

14 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Aww bummer. You were asking about Tecmo Madison on T-Borg. I thought you had signed up bud!

Would love to go...someday I'll make it bud...but this year I chose to spend bucks on a couple different trips.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, halifax said:

Would love to go...someday I'll make it bud...but this year I chose to spend bucks on a couple different trips

That sucks, bud. Maybe next year's Friday Night Retro can feature the real NHL game. I'll blame @segathon for your absence.

1 person likes this

On 2/17/2017 at 9:25 AM, davefmurray said:

That sucks, bud. Maybe next year's Friday Night Retro can feature the real NHL game. I'll blame @segathon for your absence.

Love the retro Friday idea...seems you got a few buds signed up already for the 2 on 2. not sure how many are in for '95. @segathon

2 people like this

Updated this post with vids of the 4 main scoring moves in NHL 95 for rookies and guys that need to shake the rust off.  It's a few post down from my wordy guide 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, segathon said:

Updated this post with vids of the 4 main scoring moves in NHL 95 for rookies and guys that need to shake the rust off.  It's a few post down from my wordy guide 

Wait until I pull off my one-handed Down+B against you in the finals. It is the ultimate demoralizer which leads to your crumble and demise!

1 person likes this

Do it after we win NBA Jame TE doubles...

Here are the rules.  Pretty similar to other tourneys.  Sign up Here for NHL 95 

or here for NBA JAM DOUBLES 

Entry Fee & Time
  • $10 per player
  • Tournament starts at 6:30PM, Friday, April 7th.Tecmo-Madison-Friday-Night-Retro-300x300

Registration

• Comment on this post
  • Comment on the FB Group Post
  • Show up in person with $10 before 6:30PM 

Tourney
  • Double Elimination Bracket
  • Bracket seeding will be done at random
Settings
  • Play Mode:  Regular Game
  • Per. Length: 5 Minutes
  • Goalies:  Manual Control (goalie auto defends unless you switch into them or have puck, penalty shot)
  • Penalties on, NO offsides
  • User records:  OFF
  • Penalties: On, Except Offsides
  • Line Changes: OFF

Team Selection
  • Only Can use each NHL team Team once.
  • Team Declaration: Before start of game Players will count to 3 and then yell at top of lungs their team at same time
  • There can be mirror match ups (Wings on Wings)

CONTROLLERS
  • Team 1 or 2 Selection – Play paper rock scissors, flip a coin,
    • Winner get to choose either the controller or Home/Away
  • Team 1 is Home and goes up twice, Team 2 is Away and only goes up once
  • There will be a mix of 6 buttons and 3 buttons controllers
  • Don’t unplug controllers.  Talk to Sega (Nick) if you have a controller issue

OTHER NOTES
  • If there’s a system malfunction, then the game will restart with that score and play the number of periods that were remaining (a partial period you replay full period)  (NOTE: player injuries, penalties won’t carry over from the previous game)
  • If a game is still tied after overtime is completed, then the game will be reset, and play will continue until someone scores. (NOTE player injuries, penalties won’t carry over from the previous game)
  • Changing goalies: Goalies may be changed before the opening face-off and during play stoppages. You cannot change goalies during a face-off, or when a penalty shot is called.
  • Editing lines: Lineup changes will be allowed at the beginning of the game, when there is an injury to a player, during intermissions and when a timeout is called (by either team). If you would like to make a change at intermission, please notify your opponent that you wish to do, so they can allow you the time before the start of the next period.  And try to be quick
  • Don’t pause during game, if you have to pause do it when you have puck in your own zone
  • No banned scoring moves, but you always have to try to score.  If you are up you can’t skate around behind your own net to kill time
2 people like this

Looks great Segathon!

Have Fun!

53 is incredible!

Edited by CoachMac
1 person likes this

53... really need to convert some of them to forum members :)

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, smozoma said:

53 who RSVP'd to a FB event page. Attendance is well over 100 at this point. I stopped counting at 100 because once past the century mark it gets nerve wrecking.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

1 hour ago, davefmurray said:

53 who RSVP'd to a FB event page. Attendance is well over 100 at this point. I stopped counting at 100 because once past the century mark it gets nerve wrecking.

I guess somebody does love 95!

Pretty amazing turnout!

What did we have in Toronto?

1 person likes this

Man...looks awesome buds..wish I could be there.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, CoachMac said:

I guess somebody does love 95!

Pretty amazing turnout!

What did we have in Toronto?

128 registered...but I think around we had somewhere around 120 show up.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, smozoma said:

I'll be sure to pimp NHL94.com  

It's the big tecmo tourney that is bringing them in, but guys are really pumped to play JAM & NHL. 

Getting a little worried we may have to cap the number of participants, two game tourneys running on a dozen segas in 4 hours time frame could turn into a shitshow.  Have an APB out to all Segathoner's to search boxes in their garage for sega stuff,

That moment when there are so many players you start getting nervous....

1 person likes this

60ab7cca7bdfe79d5de3aa6de7a34160.jpg

It's like Beatlemania but instead of young girls its Middle Aged Nerds....