Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skip

NHL17 Trade Deadline - by Skip & Slapshot67

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys, here is the 2017 Trade Deadline ROM! I hope you like it. Slapshot67 - Thanks for everything!

**EDIT - I added a playoff version of the ROM. Has a few changes to rosters (tried to get all players playing in the playoffs right now), but it also has the real tourney tree instead of the projected tree, as an option. I made penalties 1 minute long (except for double-minors). Enjoy!

Updates for 2017 ROMs - All are WBF (Blitz style) ROMs

-Player Cards for every starter on every team

-Added Anniversary logos for Toronto, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Los Angeles

-Bench Graphics (backup goalie, coach) & Bench Carpet

-Goal Light

-Net Fix

-Ratings changes for teams & players (excel file w/ ratings in zip folder)

-Added a few playoff matchups based on this year's current standings

-The Excel file will give you all of the player ratings, with an extra rating that shows how likely a check will be successful with a player. It uses weight + checking rating to give a "checking ability". Somebody figured out that a check is likely to be successful if they check a player with a weight a full digit lower than the checking ability.

For example: PK Subban has a 8.9 checking ability (slightly abv average for a Dman), Shea Weber has a 14.1 (really high), and Erik Karlsson has a 5.4 (pretty low). If Subban attempts to check an 8 weight, he may have some issues, but he will usually knock down a 7 weight. Weber can knock down anyone 13 weight or lower, so he is the beast. Karlsson will have trouble knocking over anyone who isn't Johnny Gaudreau (not literally, but he will not be a C checking player).

NHL17TradeDeadline.bin

NHL17skipDeadlineFinal.zip

NHL17Playoffs.bin

Edited by skip
8 people like this

Thanks for the hard work again as always skip!

(ETA: actually, that spreadsheet doesn't look updated; looking at the Penguins I see guys like Bennett, Plotnikov, Zatkoff.  I know they're not in the ROM, I'm just curious to see the updated spreadsheet because I'm a dork.)

(ETA again: I see that the tabs for the individual positions has the corrected rosters, so never mind! :))

Edited by The Dopefish

great job!

1 person likes this

My pleasure guys! Enjoy!

1 person likes this

If anyone notices any errors, please let me know!

1 person likes this

Hey guys, I am looking for a few more guys to join a league with this ROM. We have 9 solid guys signed up so far. If you're interested, please PM me or check out this forum: 

I am extending the entry deadline to mid-week this week. Goal is to get to at least 12 teams for a player draft, otherwise we'll do a team draft. Thanks!

Thanks, wlll check out your ROM. 

Quick question for next year, when you join a league with this ROM in simple terms how do you guys keep track? Will join next year for sure. 

We use the Gens with the ability to savestate the ROM, so you can save games at the 3 stars and upload them to the website, and all stats and records are tracked. http://www.nhl94online.com/html/standings.php?lg=40

You can get the emulator on the downloads section of this page http://www.nhl94online.com/

Thanks Skip!  You rom modders are the greatest!  Looking forward to trying this out as always.

Thanks bud! I'm glad you enjoy them!

On 2017-04-01 at 10:58 AM, skip said:

We use the Gens with the ability to savestate the ROM, so you can save games at the 3 stars and upload them to the website, and all stats and records are tracked. http://www.nhl94online.com/html/standings.php?lg=40

You can get the emulator on the downloads section of this page http://www.nhl94online.com/

Hey thanks for your reply. I just loaded your ROM on my NES Classic. Works wonderfully. I'll try to figure out if I can grab savestate ROM from it to participate next year. Really great stuff what you modders have done.

Thank you for this rom. Cant wait for next years. Maybe Matthews as the cover star?

Anytime guys - glad you like it! Matthews is definitely in the topic for cover star...but so is McDavid! I've usually chosen either the Hart Trophy winner or the Cup winning captain...but we'll see! Maybe we'll do a vote haha

1 person likes this

Hey Skip, I see a weird freeze when I select: Chicago v. Winnipeg -  a 7 game playoff series. It seems to freeze up on D. Byfuglien. Other than that its flawless. Is that just me, or can you replicate it on your end? 

On 4/3/2017 at 3:17 PM, Homicide said:

Hey thanks for your reply. I just loaded your ROM on my NES Classic. Works wonderfully. I'll try to figure out if I can grab savestate ROM from it to participate next year. Really great stuff what you modders have done.

You'll need to play on an emulator on a windows/linux/mac computer, not NES classic, in order to play against people online and generate savestates. (unless I'm missing something??)

On 2017-04-17 at 1:02 PM, smozoma said:

You'll need to play on an emulator on a windows/linux/mac computer, not NES classic, in order to play against people online and generate savestates. (unless I'm missing something??)

NES classic does generate savestates, although I'm unsure if its the same format. I haven't had a chance to compare. 

2 hours ago, Homicide said:

NES classic does generate savestates, although I'm unsure if its the same format. I haven't had a chance to compare. 

Can the NES classic play online against people using emulators on their computer? The leagues are online vs leagues, I thought the NES classic couldn't do that, hence my confusion :)

2 hours ago, smozoma said:

Can the NES classic play online against people using emulators on their computer? The leagues are online vs leagues, I thought the NES classic couldn't do that, hence my confusion :)

Definitely not an online console, therefore you are dead on that. However, I thought playing online meant, you play on your own, and than at 3 stars you save and upload to the website noted above? Now I'm confused :) 

1 minute ago, Homicide said:

Definitely not an online console, therefore you are dead on that. However, I thought playing online meant, you play on your own, and than at 3 stars you save and upload to the website noted above? Now I'm confused :) 

Ahh ok.

Yeah, the leagues are against people. You play against someone online, then at the end of the game (3 stars screen) you 'save' the game and upload the file to the website, and the website keeps tracks of wins/losses and other fun stats. Here's an example: 

Stupid question...If I want to play on a regular Genesis Emulator, like on the RetoPie...will the .bin file work...I am used to seeing the .md files for the Genesis.

52 minutes ago, united51@comcast.net said:

Stupid question...If I want to play on a regular Genesis Emulator, like on the RetoPie...will the .bin file work...I am used to seeing the .md files for the Genesis.

Yes, .bin files work fine for emulators.

Yeah, I got the bin file to work with an emulator on my computer, but can not get it to work with my Modded NES classic...I will try my rapberry Pi.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:39 PM, Homicide said:

Hey Skip, I see a weird freeze when I select: Chicago v. Winnipeg -  a 7 game playoff series. It seems to freeze up on D. Byfuglien. Other than that its flawless. Is that just me, or can you replicate it on your end? 

Thanks for the heads up bud, I'll look into this.

I tried to replicate that issue but could not. Sorry dude!

On 2017-04-20 at 4:19 PM, smozoma said:

Ahh ok.

Yeah, the leagues are against people. You play against someone online, then at the end of the game (3 stars screen) you 'save' the game and upload the file to the website, and the website keeps tracks of wins/losses and other fun stats. Here's an example: 

Ahhh okay. Thanks for the above. I get you now. 

6 hours ago, skip said:

I tried to replicate that issue but could not. Sorry dude!

Weird. Thanks for looking into it. 

I just added a Playoff version of the ROM. Has the real tree for anyone who likes playing against the CPU.

1 person likes this