CoachMac

Coach Mac's Historic Roms

Fixed the Coca-Cola (Coke) 3 stars and scoreboard logo in the 1980 Rom.

Edited by CoachMac

New Roms now available!:big_smile:

1957, 1958, 1959, 1960. (With the already completed 1956 rom this completes the Habs dynasty that won 5 straight Cups)

Continuous Original 6 roms now run from 1955-56 thru the end of the era in 1967.

Next up will be 1951, 1953, 1954, and 1955. (1952 already done)

1987 Rom is now complete and available on the first page.
All ratings are redone using my template also listed on first page.
Tom Mees is the Host.
7 Up is the scoreboard sponsor.

873.PNG.e2910e79b2ee7bb9ed6ea6c6f5ceb6a0.PNG872.PNG.f2c1285ea6719061be6188a15784ccea.PNG7upsb.PNG.43ae5ebaad85fc57905dca59b5c5bf41.PNG874.PNG.1391143cb0a7fb356d5a1306ca76287c.PNG

I also completed all of the missing years from 1952-1967.:haha: (16 roms!)
These include improved 4 team playoff brackets.4po.PNG.fa08568f000d8bee5f71691558acf342.PNG

The 1970 rom has all new Splash screens and improved 8 team playoff brackets.:big_smile:

orss.PNG.e5dfc1adf94f0b77363f476abba2b2a9.PNG70.PNG.172df6be126680ac1d11e532912716de.PNG8po.PNG.324f9cfa69e2b528bf20c284fed80fa2.PNG

1975, 1980, and 1993 have some minor graphic improvements.:eyes_droped:

Edited by CoachMac

Nice use of the Messier SC raising photo as his player card :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matt55 said:

Thorough historical work! Thank you!

Thanks!  Really love doing these and playing them.
My ratings template has proved to be accurate and made doing these so much easier.

4 hours ago, skip said:

Nice use of the Messier SC raising photo as his player card :thumbsup:

The player cards, the scoreboard logos, splash screens, music, etc.... are what really make this a fun hobby.
Pic is actually from 1990.:amazing:Oh well!  Maybe that will be my splash screen 1990 rom.

It is one of my favorite player cards I've made along with Toothless Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita, crazy eyes Rocket Richard, black eyed Bob Probert.

@Lupz27 inspired me to do the new 1970 flying Bobby Orr Splash screen.

Edited by CoachMac
  • Like 1

Adding a little Tecmo Super Bowl to the Coach Mac Historic Roms.:big_smile:

This is my all-time Favorite TSB Edit and was done in 2012 by Carther.
I have made some changes to his rom noted below in bold.

In recognition of this being:

A. Super Bowl week.
B. My upcoming trip to Green Bay.
C. 1966-67 was the last year of the Original 6 in the NHL and the first year of first Super Bowl.
D. We are playing TSB at Troys tourney.

1966-67 Super Bowl
Green Bay Packers vs Kansas City Chiefs.

Skill Position Player Ratings - based on 1966 performance - sliding scale true to the original rom.
I tweaked Carthers ratings to make the RB's and WR's not quite as fast.
O Lines, D-Lines, LB's and DB's - rated as groups by team - also very true to the feel of the orginal rom
This is brilliantly done, but I added bonuses to the Consensus All-Pros.
uniforms edited
helmets small and large edited
individual and team sim rating edited and extensively tested to give realistic results.
Intro redone to show Bart Starr instead of SFQB, Gayle Sayers instead of DetRB and Deacon Jones instead of NYLB.
Main logo redone.
Offensive play formations. No Shot gun at all. Two Tight End, T-formation, Power I and 1-back only!
*Game Play Changes Hacks
KR/PR hack to fix speed ratings (wow Sayers on Late Season Tecmo Crack scored 3 Kick Off Return TD's on me in one game!)
Bruddog's INT return hack to improve Interception returns
Realistic, Punt and Field Goal Length
Getting Tackled in Endzone on Kick offs and running out of the side of the endzone on Kickoffs results in a Touchback
Quarters are 15:00 and run down in about the same time as the standard 5:00 minute quarters. (30 seconds can run off on the play screen instead of 10)
I changed this back to the standard TSB timing.
Kickoffs are from the 40 yard line true to the era
Field Changes
Check out the field for the new sidelines. The outer edge of the white area is the true sideline, but man does the thicker stripe look sooooo much better.
Endzones are a solid color and free from any writing, so you can see your players better.
Tecmo footballs at the 35 yard lines now show the year of the rom.
New skinnier field goal posts. (According to scale those original ones are like 8 feet thick lol!)
New Midfield logo showing the year, superbowl trophy, and correct roman numerals for the year's superbowl
I did not like this logo and got rid of this logo and the field looks so awesome and old-school.
This logo still shows on the Menu screen and looks good there, but was to much on the field.

What he did with the AFL/NFL, Conferences, Divisions and Playoffs is the coolest thing of all.
Divisions and Conferences
The teams are in correct divisions and conferences.
NFL's 7 and 8 team divisions.
I do not know how to make a true 7 or 8 team division, but I have made virtual 7 and 8 team divisions. The first division is the AFL East with 5 teams. The second division is the AFL West with 4 teams and Cin-being idle as they did not play until 1968. The third and fourth divisions make up the NFL East and consist of 8 teams. Each of the two division winners will be announced, at the end of the season their records will be compared and the higher ranked team by regular tecmo bowl tiebreakers will be placed in the NFL Championship Game. So in essence the two divisions are judged as one to find the winner of the 8 team division The same will happen for the 5th and 6th divisions which consist of the 7 teams that make up the NFL West division along with NO who is idle until they join the league in 1967.

The Playoffs.
Only the two division winners for the AFL and the two division winners for the NFL make the playoffs. It is set up so that in the wild card round the AFC East winner plays against itself and then advances to play itself in the Division round, they then advance to the championship game. The same happens for all 4 division winners so simply sim all games leading up to the AFL Championship Game and you are good to go.

I also corrected a few spelling errors I found for player names. Namath not Nameth, Meredith not Merideth, and a couple others.
I corrected a couple players race and number as well, but he did an amazingly thorough job on about 800 players.

CM1966TSBI.nes

Edited by CoachMac
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2018 at 6:21 PM, CoachMac said:

1975, 1980, and 1993 have some minor graphic improvements.:eyes_droped:

Hi Mac! Love the roms and the effort put into these!! I have to ask though because this has been bugging me... What is the difference between the 1993 and 1993 Classic? If you mentioned it in this thread and I missed it, apologies in advance. Also one quick minor piece of feedback for the 1993 roms: The goal crease. I am almost positive that the NHL adopted the blue crease by the 92-93 season. I think the only team who still used the older style that season were the Flyers (someone call me out if I am incorrect, please!)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bbb777 said:

Hi Mac! Love the roms and the effort put into these!! I have to ask though because this has been bugging me... What is the difference between the 1993 and 1993 Classic? If you mentioned it in this thread and I missed it, apologies in advance. Also one quick minor piece of feedback for the 1993 roms: The goal crease. I am almost positive that the NHL adopted the blue crease by the 92-93 season. I think the only team who still used the older style that season were the Flyers (someone call me out if I am incorrect, please!)

Good eye, my friend! 

#1 The only difference in the 1993 roms is the physics. 

All my roms are Wt Bug and C/b fixed unless they say classic.
93 classic has the weight bug and c/b checking, the other one does not.

#2 The problem is if I use the 1993 goal crease it messes up the scoreboard and 3 stars logo.  So I have to choose, and I chose to have the Scoreboard logos.
It really annoys me, but I can't fix it.

My 1987 rom has a similar issue, as in 1987 they had added the outer circle around the goalie box, but again it messes up the scoreboard and 3 stars logo.

1 hour ago, slapshot67 said:

I have added the proper goal crease to those 3 roms. the location you have the scoreboard/3 stars logo don't effect the added goal crease.

I can now die in peace!:secret_smile:

Thank you Slapshot!  Made my day.

I also appreciate the other bonus graphic improvements!

All of these roms have been updated in the OP as well.

18 hours ago, CoachMac said:

I can now die in peace!:secret_smile:

Thank you Slapshot!  Made my day.

I also appreciate the other bonus graphic improvements!

All of these roms have been updated in the OP as well.

Your welcome, I am almost finished my rinks of the past templates, so we will put those to your 50s, 60s roms:D

11 minutes ago, slapshot67 said:

Your welcome, I am almost finished my rinks of the past templates, so we will put those to your 50s, 60s roms:D

WOW! Now you've really got my attention!

Not sure how the rink was different in the 50's and 60's from the 70's and early 80's, but can't wait to see what ya got!

http://www.frozenfaceoff.net/2015/01/nhl-history-of-rinks.html

The templates will have correct face off circles, creases, and other minor changes.

there will be 10 templates
40-49
50-60
61-73
74-82
83-85
86-91
92-95
97-98
99-05

• Like 1

Coach, your roms are awesome. For me, they would be the best ever if they have complete rosters, not only 2 lines, since I'm loving to play with line changes. Anyway, great work, thanks a lot.

Coach, can you put these files in a .zip file?

On 2/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, mitch13 said:

Coach, your roms are awesome. For me, they would be the best ever if they have complete rosters, not only 2 lines, since I'm loving to play with line changes. Anyway, great work, thanks a lot.

Here they are 1955 and 1967 with Full Rosters!
They also have updated Splash Screens.
These are my 2 favorites of my Original 6 Roms.

55gordie.PNG.3b1d391f26fcbb4adb2b39ad546d5380.PNGpp55.PNG.1cb02097357352df7b56e470582bc55a.PNGNHL'55.bin

55gordie.PNG.3b1d391f26fcbb4adb2b39ad546d5380.PNGpp67.PNG.be4057295ea693a3a1d8ff68c32e8b1e.PNGNHL'67.bin

Probably not going to do Full Rosters for the others.
These are also updated in the OP.

BUT,

I have a 1990 Rom with full rosters almost done.

Edited by CoachMac
  • Thanks 1

:amazing:

Edited by CoachMac