Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wbgs_radio

Question?

6 posts in this topic

How do I add teams, Also how do I free up bytes. NHL 96 is cutting off some of the players names. I am just wondering all of this.

5 hours ago, wbgs_radio said:

How do I add teams, Also how do I free up bytes. NHL 96 is cutting off some of the players names. I am just wondering all of this.

On 3/26/2017 at 4:36 PM, wbgs_radio said:

I did some more updates but need help on freeing bytes for names and stuff for players.

This should help, you need to click on auto bytes in NOSE:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15668-insufficient-bytes/&do=findComment&comment=131989

I have done this i believe and still, Some names are cut off. Also how do I add hockey teams?

Edited by wbgs_radio

1 hour ago, wbgs_radio said:

I have done this i believe and still, Some names are cut off. Also how do I add hockey teams?

You can't add teams to the ROM.  That would require, likely, expanding the ROM to accommodate the additional team data, and then reprogramming certain parts to recognize the additional teams. 

Sorry, not much more information on hacking '96.

7 hours ago, kingraph said:

You can't add teams to the ROM.  That would require, likely, expanding the ROM to accommodate the additional team data, and then reprogramming certain parts to recognize the additional teams. 

Sorry, not much more information on hacking '96.

What about 94?

At this time, you can use a 30 team ROM. Adding more is beyond most people's capabilities, but there is one person who is close to a 32 team ROM release.  I have no idea when that will be though.