NHL'94 Forums

Fatigue in every ROM?

I understand that some people have changed fatigue in their custom ROMs so that line changes are needed more often.  However, it seems that in every single ROM I have tried, my players go to 0 energy and immobility in about 40 seconds.  I love the retro custom ROMs and am very impressed with what everyone has done, but I miss the line changes that allowed me to go a minute and a half and still manage to keep energy above 0.

Thank you all for your creations!  Please advise a humble noob.

Sorry if I get too specific, but here are some details as far as playing experience.  I know nothing about the code that creates this experience.  

With manual line changes and 10 minute periods, I like to alternate my scoring lines until they need rest - then checking line must be utilized.  If the top line plays a minute then rests a minute while scoring line 2 plays, the top line is almost back to full energy again.  This rotation doesn't balance perfectly (play vs. rest), so the checking line comes in when needed.

Basically, I like the way my genesis cartridge does fatigue, but I am ready to switch to a pi and use your historic ROMs.

Thanks! 

On 4/8/2017 at 4:43 AM, Matt55 said:

Sorry if I get too specific, but here are some details as far as playing experience.  I know nothing about the code that creates this experience.  

With manual line changes and 10 minute periods, I like to alternate my scoring lines until they need rest - then checking line must be utilized.  If the top line plays a minute then rests a minute while scoring line 2 plays, the top line is almost back to full energy again.  This rotation doesn't balance perfectly (play vs. rest), so the checking line comes in when needed.

Basically, I like the way my genesis cartridge does fatigue, but I am ready to switch to a pi and use your historic ROMs.

Thanks! 

My roms should be very close to the Original as far as Fatigue.

My roms have no checking/3rd line as I only make each team with their top 10 skaters from a given season.

You should also get my roms loaded on an Everdrive and continue to play on your Genesis!:big_smile:

Hmmm. Every ROM I tried (including "classic") had the same issue - energy drops to 0 in one or two rushes up the ice.  Players become so sluggish that they are unplayable.  I assumed that people had tweeked the fatigue rate, but if you have not, then either the ROMs have a glitch or my emulator has a glitch.  ????

Everdrive to play ROMs on my Genesis, huh?  I will check it out for sure!  Thanks!  (I may even join the online leagues when I am ready.)

Yes,  10 players is great for subs with penalties ON.  Also, I can play AUTO line changes and reuse some of the 10 in the checking line. An odd fact is that in AUTO line changes, my players do NOT shows signs of their fatigue - they stay "playable."  

If I want to create players to give me 15, that is no big deal (I think), but I can't play line changes ON until I figure out this fatigue issue. 

PS Coach Mac, I am a huge fan!

3 hours ago, Matt55 said:

Hmmm. Every ROM I tried (including "classic") had the same issue - energy drops to 0 in one or two rushes up the ice.  Players become so sluggish that they are unplayable.  I assumed that people had tweeked the fatigue rate, but if you have not, then either the ROMs have a glitch or my emulator has a glitch.  ????

Everdrive to play ROMs on my Genesis, huh?  I will check it out for sure!  Thanks!  (I may even join the online leagues when I am ready.)

Yes,  10 players is great for subs with penalties ON.  Also, I can play AUTO line changes and reuse some of the 10 in the checking line. An odd fact is that in AUTO line changes, my players do NOT shows signs of their fatigue - they stay "playable."  

If I want to create players to give me 15, that is no big deal (I think), but I can't play line changes ON until I figure out this fatigue issue. 

PS Coach Mac, I am a huge fan!

You are using these?

Correct on the 15 players.

Easy to add in NOSE.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the roms.
Weird on the problem you are having.
I will test as well, since I always play with Line Changes OFF, but that problem you are having should not exist.

10 hours ago, Matt55 said:

Hmmm. Every ROM I tried (including "classic") had the same issue - energy drops to 0 in one or two rushes up the ice.  

Are you sure about the classic ROM? It hasn't been modified, that's what makes it classic (nhl94.bin).

I play NHL Hockey Night 87 and 76 the most, but I have tried the original NHL '94 rom as well.  I have been playing on the "Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player."  I am thinking now that the problem is here.

• 1 month later...