NHL'94 Forums

Test Games and Getting Connected!

aqualizard

Hello there!
To get playing online, you need to join our Discord group and do a test game.  Once you join Discord you can ask a Vet to walk you through setting up and playing your first game.  Once you get a game in, you are "verified".  Verified people can join our leagues! (Or just keep playing exhibition games, if you like...)

Getting Started with Discord

Use this invite link to join DIscord:
https://discord.gg/H7vrytU   <--- this may be all you need!

Then once you have joined, if you need it, use this link to see our group...
https://discordapp.com/channels/@me/279827632479141889

Now:
1. Click the "NHL94" logo in the left column.
2. Next, click "#general" under "TEXT CHANNELS"...
3. Now  type "Can someone play me!!", or "Exis"... someone will help out soon enough.... 

FYI, "Exis" are what we call our pick up games...

discord-steps-123.gif

Edited by aqualizard
typo

why's this in the editing section? :D moved to "Welcome Rookies" section

Although it occurs to me that it's not too clear what the difference between the "Welcome Rookies" and "Getting Started" sections are

• Like 1

Thanks, Smoz.  BTW I see this post does a similar thing to your :

New Instant Messaging & Voice Chat setup - Discord

Didn't mean to re-invent the wheel... maybe mine can be considered the abridged version or something... :) 

• 1 month later...

Okay, so discord is easy enough to use. Connecting to someones server or having them connect to your server is not. I have followed the instructions on the NHL94.com page to the letter and nothing works. Could you please make a more detailed or up to date version?

• 2 years later...

Hey all, new user in 2020. Is Discord the preferred way for gamers and online play? I have a PC at home and am a SNES gamer so any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I will play with the emulators when I get home tonight after work and see about setting this up!

1 minute ago, jmomonyc said:

Hey all, new user in 2020. Is Discord the preferred way for gamers and online play? I have a PC at home and am a SNES gamer so any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I will play with the emulators when I get home tonight after work and see about setting this up!

Yes, Discord is the app we use to chat, find out if anyone is online for a game, etc.  

Check out the getting started section on www.nhl94online.com and that will help you get set up!

1 minute ago, kingraph said:

Yes, Discord is the app we use to chat, find out if anyone is online for a game, etc.  

Check out the getting started section on www.nhl94online.com and that will help you get set up!

Thanks Raph, looking forward to getting set up and get my online skills going. I am going to need practice for this NYC tournament! LOL

if I have any questions or doubts I will be back on the forum posting, hopefully this is not too hard to setup!