NHL'94 Forums

B Finals are Over

Brutus

So, after messaging with several coaches, I guess Pearate's connection is total crap for most. 
Skip tried but was not able to get a respectable connection vs him. 

As a result, I am forfeiting Pearate for that series, and declaring Skip the Et Tu Brute B finals champ.

I thought of subbing in, etc, but the league is over, the season is over, the playoffs have dragged on long enough.  Skip would be the heavy favorite in any other scenario I could lay out.

Congrats on a solid season Skip.  Sorry it didn't end with an epic Game 7.

4 hours ago, Premium said:

I remember there being someone who was against letting people with unplayable connections participate... 

Yeah, you were against both him & Darko.  Darko was able to play all his games, had a successful draft, and was a solid contributor to the league, so not all of it ended bad here.

Out of the 20 coaches I let in, 4 of the last 20 were questionable, but there was NO WAITING list, no one behind them.  I felt it better to start the season with 20 coaches and a few question marks, than to go with your formula of 16.

THE FAILURE came at some point in time when Pearate's connection became total crap, I, as the commissioner, failed to find out & acknowledge the problem.  I should then have booted him from the league or at least not allowed him into the playoffs if his connection was not "WORTHY".   Letting him finish the season, but not put into the playoffs would have been the best course of action.

For whatever reason, my connection to him in Chicago is playable, so I assumed most others had the same experience.  Perhaps a combo of me not listening or others not wanting to be the byatch, but it didn't pop up on my radar as an issue until the finals.  But clearly, it was there the whole time to most others

Not being sarcastic, but that is a mark against me for sure.  And, I am glad, despite being retired, you took the time to point it out :)

The problem was that since pearate is a nice dude everyone played through it and didn't say anything.  I hope he can resolve his connection issues so he can play in future leagues.

Check out this game where pearate beats coach 5-1 despite being out checked 33-2.

http://nhl94online.com/html/box_score.php?gameid=30023

1 minute ago, jackandjose said:

The problem was that since pearate is a nice dude everyone played through it and didn't say anything.  I hope he can resolve his connection issues so he can play in future leagues.

Check out this game where pearate beats coach 5-1 despite being out checked 33-2.

HOLY CRAP!!! 

The biggest problem would be that the guy who probably would have made him ineligible for the playoffs had almost no issues playing him.  Still baffled that my connect w/ Pearate was solid :(

31 minutes ago, jackandjose said:

I remember way back when when Pearate complained that people were checking his guys after the whistle :D

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

...Still baffled that my connect w/ Pearate was solid :(

Ironically, I am pretty sure Skip had a good connection with him for his 4 regular season games, too.  But you and Skip (at least before) are the only two I have heard say that they had a decent connection with him.  Was basically unplayable for me, but like others I played through it to get the games in. :)

1 hour ago, jackandjose said:

Being outchecked doesn't mean much though. This is just a product of CoachMac's bad offense or Pearate's defensive style. 

Some games I would purposely not check, and I would still win despite being outchecked 45-8, 40-5 or something along those lines.

When we connected for our playoff games, the ping was something like 300+. Didn't want to hold things up - so we played it out.

Ok,  This is right, with my actual connection or CPU conflict ?? I should not be allowed to battle for the final win.

The thing is that I asked early in the season to Brutus if I should withdraw from the season. He allowed me to play, and I'm kicked out from the final with a 2-1 lead.

And I confirm that my 4 season games with Skip was playable, he mentioned that our series was one of the best from the season.

So ? This gives me some frustration feeling, but I admit this is unfair to play this way, and I don't want to win this way.

In conclusion, I accept Brutus decision. And I will comeback in the Future to Kick your Ass  :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Edited by Pearate
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Pearate said:

Ok,  This is right, with my actual connection or CPU conflict ?? I should not be allowed to battle for the final win.

The thing is that I asked early in the season to Brutus if I should withdraw from the season. He allowed me to play, and I'm kicked out from the final with a 2-1 lead.

And I confirm that my 4 season games with Skip was playable, he mentioned that our series was one of the best from the season.

So ? This gives me some frustration feeling, but I admit this is unfair to play this way, and I don't want to win this way.

In conclusion, I accept Brutus decision. And I will comeback in the Future to Kick your Ass  :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Pearate, appreciate your post.  I wasn't comfortable with how I ran things & it left you in the awkward position of not experiencing lag & winning but actually losing ?!?! Easily a frustrating spot.

My apologies.  If I was going to allow questionable connections in the league, I owed it to the other league members to further check on things as the playoffs approached.

i think if I wasn't going to do that in due diligence, I should have taken Plabax approach and not allowed questionable connects into the league.

As it stands, your connection is total crap, completely unplayable & it turns out guys like you on a personal level, so much, they don't complain.  I seem to have a solid connect vs you so feel free to reach out to me for games/exis anytime.

11 hours ago, Premium said:

What about the A finals?

For some reason, two of the more active players have not played :(

Having already forfeited B finals, I'm trying to have at least one finals be played!!

Since we weren't running ETB 2 again till post-Vegas/ KING NHL94 2, I didn't put time limits.  Figure Raph, Depch, Fpb & Ice were top 4 & always active/long time vets, & it wasn't necessary.

Hopefully they knock it out this weekend, cause it's a buzzkill for all following along to have an intermission right before the end of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Premium said:

:( What happened?

Basically, despite both guys being around all the time, they never played.  FPB's limited window he was able to play NHL94 seemed to fall into Depch's unavailable time slots due to the time zone.
After a long period, Depch being the higher seed and more available of the two, I awarded him the forfeit. 

There was no point in "waiting" any longer for them to play because Depch had stated after like a month, he was now off for the summer.

In the end, a high percentage of us enjoyed the draft, preseason during the draft & after, and most of us enjoyed a fun season for the first month.  After that, the second month was a struggle, and the playoffs even more so.

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

Basically, despite both guys being around all the time, they never played.  FPB's limited window he was able to play NHL94 seemed to fall into Depch's unavailable time slots due to the time zone.
After a long period, Depch being the higher seed and more available of the two, I awarded him the forfeit. 

There was no point in "waiting" any longer for them to play because Depch had stated after like a month, he was now off for the summer.

In the end, a high percentage of us enjoyed the draft, preseason during the draft & after, and most of us enjoyed a fun season for the first month.  After that, the second month was a struggle, and the playoffs even more so.

A complete mystery to me how this happens over and over again.

What was that definition of insanity?

Anyway thanks for managing this insane asylum so well Brutus.:amazing: