NHL'94 Forums

King of 94 II - Who's going?

halifax

8 hours ago, Brutus said:

Did we really account for 75% of Toronto?  I thought we were more like 25% in my mind. 

I'm not sure he meant Toronto specifically but other tourneys? Not sure those are 75% either though.

Anyway, toronto was...

Sega: 30 of 58 (52%) participants were marked as having forum names

SNES: 21 of 57 (37%) participants were marked as having forum names

total of 44%.

But a lot of those guys were not active forum/league members, but came out anyway (not sure how many of them were locals).

I thought aqualizard was referring to community/forum members not signing up. The idea of locals filling up the tournament never crossed my mind. 

I'm saying that even if the tournament attracts a lot of people, we shouldn't be expecting tons of community members. I think most don't care about Greg, Danny and Doug who play with CoachMac (and registered), but more about Plabax, TomKabs and Carse (who didn't register), which is why aqualizard was dissappointed.

But now that I look at it, I definitely could have been wrong.

24 minutes ago, Premium said:

I thought aqualizard was referring to community/forum members not signing up. The idea of locals filling up the tournament never crossed my mind. 

I'm saying that even if the tournament attracts a lot of people, we shouldn't be expecting tons of community members. I think most don't care about Greg, Danny and Doug who play with CoachMac (and registered), but more about Plabax, TomKabs and Carse (who didn't register), which is why aqualizard was dissappointed.

But now that I look at it, I definitely could have been wrong.

So, being considered "male" on the male/female question usually requires having a penis.  But, what IF all you are IS a penis??

Then, technically, you might not be a "male", just a penis.

For further evidence that Plabax is a penis, refer to his profile:

Premium
Grandmaster
682 posts

lol

Nice try. You are interchanging "Premium" with "Plabax". Not the same thing. Premium is just the 5th version of Plabax.

The profile for Plabax clearly has the gender as male.

Edited by Premium

Let me weigh in, since Plabax weighed in based on my own concern.  Because for most of us, participating involves a plane ticket, that is why I was a little concerned.  I am afraid plane ticket costs, unlike hotels, will go up as the event approaches.  So late joiners will find it too expensive to join at the last minute.  I do wish people would just "jump in", but in life, we can only control our own actions.  And I already jumped. ;)

I think when it was in Toronto, most people drove, or were local.  So for most, the air fare was not an issue.  But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

It has been pointed out to me that the first time around, registration only opened 2 months in advance.  So there is plenty of time here.  In the end, I am sure it will sell out.  I was just expecting more people from here to have already jumped in.

3 hours ago, Premium said:

Nice try. You are interchanging "Premium" with "Plabax". Not the same thing. Premium is just the 5th version of Plabax.

The profile for Plabax clearly has the gender as male.

Ahhh come on bud.  That's WAY more than a nice try!  I'm still smiling while I read it :)

• 1 month later...

I'm in!  The original King of 94 was awesome so won't miss part II.  Thanks for all the effort Halifax and Mikey!

I'll have at least 3 or 4 other guys signing up for the snes division. None of whom attended King of 94 I.  All of us making the trip down from Toronto.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snesboy said:

I'm in!  The original King of 94 was awesome so won't miss part II.  Thanks for all the effort Halifax and Mikey!

I'll have at least 3 or 4 other guys signing up for the snes division. None of whom attended King of 94 I.  All of us making the trip down from Toronto.

Awesome....bring back the shirt!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snesboy said:

Wow good job bud! Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, smozoma said:

SNES acquired for practice (and use in eventual Ottawa tourney).

Go on...

(let's do this sometime!! A few good potential venues like Level One Game Pub, The Blurry Pixel, and House of Targ).

Edited by Bob Kudelski

1 hour ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Go on...

(let's do this sometime!! A few good potential venues like Level One Game Pub, The Blurry Pixel, and House of Targ).

I've got:

• Sega Genesis: 2
  • SNES: 1 (plus a buddy said I could borrow his, so I have 2 available)
  • RetroTRIO: 1 (plays Genesis, SNES, and NES games)
  • NHL 94 Genesis: 4
  • NHL 94 SNES: 2
  • CRT TVs: just 1, a bit on the large side

Blurry Pixel is where I was thinking. Level One looks nice, too (they also have a copy of SNES 94). House of Targ didn't really seem set up for it? Wherever it is I'm hoping they can supply 2 of each of the consoles to round it out to 4 each, with the RetroTRIO as a backup.

I'm thinking October or November? Just some time before it gets all snowy.

Have to make sure they would let us stream (I know Blurry Pixel would)

There would be guaranteed 'rookie' prizes so we online players don't rip them off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 10:41 PM, kgman said:

I'm on the maybe list I thought that at least 1 of my cousins would be going and I could split the room but the oldest of them is getting married in September so they can't commit so KG needs to pull some cash together lol

You better be going KG!  Just make sure you don't have any warrants out for your arrest there before you book! ;-)

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎04 at 11:25 AM, smozoma said:

I've got:

• Sega Genesis: 2
  • SNES: 1 (plus a buddy said I could borrow his, so I have 2 available)
  • RetroTRIO: 1 (plays Genesis, SNES, and NES games)
  • NHL 94 Genesis: 4
  • NHL 94 SNES: 2
  • CRT TVs: just 1, a bit on the large side

Blurry Pixel is where I was thinking. Level One looks nice, too (they also have a copy of SNES 94). House of Targ didn't really seem set up for it? Wherever it is I'm hoping they can supply 2 of each of the consoles to round it out to 4 each, with the RetroTRIO as a backup.

I'm thinking October or November? Just some time before it gets all snowy.

Have to make sure they would let us stream (I know Blurry Pixel would)

There would be guaranteed 'rookie' prizes so we online players don't rip them off.

This sounds awesome! I haven't been to Blurry Pixel or Level One, but I know Level One looks really nice. Might be more pricey and challenging to set up for a tournament however. I figure House of Targ would not be the best for a console tournament, but moreso a great place to hang out if any other NHL 94 buds come to town.

I like the idea of a tourney here, but not sure how much I can help out for the next couple months, but I will do what I can if you're going ahead with something!

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit I want in so bad.    

Have a friends fundraising benefit that day.  He got a flesh eating bacteria virus, almost died and lost a leg.  Seriously.  

5 hours ago, JeffBC said:

I'm probably In with my buddy Casey.

SNES NHL'94!

Vegas Baby!

Awesome bud....It will be great to see you there!

We will be talking King of 94 this Sunday on Tom's youtube channel.  Expect to see some familiar faces,  get pumped for Vegas!  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g/videos

• Like 1

8 hours ago, segathon said:

We will be talking King of 94 this Sunday on Tom's youtube channel.  Expect to see some familiar faces,  get pumped for Vegas!  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g/videos

Looking forward to checking it out.