halifax

King of 94 II - Who's going?

38 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Brutus said:

Did we really account for 75% of Toronto?  I thought we were more like 25% in my mind. 

I'm not sure he meant Toronto specifically but other tourneys? Not sure those are 75% either though.

Anyway, toronto was...

Sega: 30 of 58 (52%) participants were marked as having forum names

SNES: 21 of 57 (37%) participants were marked as having forum names

total of 44%.

But a lot of those guys were not active forum/league members, but came out anyway (not sure how many of them were locals).

I thought aqualizard was referring to community/forum members not signing up. The idea of locals filling up the tournament never crossed my mind. 

I'm saying that even if the tournament attracts a lot of people, we shouldn't be expecting tons of community members. I think most don't care about Greg, Danny and Doug who play with CoachMac (and registered), but more about Plabax, TomKabs and Carse (who didn't register), which is why aqualizard was dissappointed.

But now that I look at it, I definitely could have been wrong.

24 minutes ago, Premium said:

I thought aqualizard was referring to community/forum members not signing up. The idea of locals filling up the tournament never crossed my mind. 

I'm saying that even if the tournament attracts a lot of people, we shouldn't be expecting tons of community members. I think most don't care about Greg, Danny and Doug who play with CoachMac (and registered), but more about Plabax, TomKabs and Carse (who didn't register), which is why aqualizard was dissappointed.

But now that I look at it, I definitely could have been wrong.

So, being considered "male" on the male/female question usually requires having a penis.  But, what IF all you are IS a penis??

Then, technically, you might not be a "male", just a penis.

For further evidence that Plabax is a penis, refer to his profile:

Premium
Grandmaster
682 posts

lol

Nice try. You are interchanging "Premium" with "Plabax". Not the same thing. Premium is just the 5th version of Plabax.

The profile for Plabax clearly has the gender as male.

Edited by Premium

Let me weigh in, since Plabax weighed in based on my own concern.  Because for most of us, participating involves a plane ticket, that is why I was a little concerned.  I am afraid plane ticket costs, unlike hotels, will go up as the event approaches.  So late joiners will find it too expensive to join at the last minute.  I do wish people would just "jump in", but in life, we can only control our own actions.  And I already jumped. ;)

I think when it was in Toronto, most people drove, or were local.  So for most, the air fare was not an issue.  But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

It has been pointed out to me that the first time around, registration only opened 2 months in advance.  So there is plenty of time here.  In the end, I am sure it will sell out.  I was just expecting more people from here to have already jumped in.

3 hours ago, Premium said:

Nice try. You are interchanging "Premium" with "Plabax". Not the same thing. Premium is just the 5th version of Plabax.

The profile for Plabax clearly has the gender as male.

Ahhh come on bud.  That's WAY more than a nice try!  I'm still smiling while I read it :)

This is a family-friendly forum and there is no room for my behaviour :) 

Edited by Premium

On 5/25/2017 at 5:24 PM, IceStorm70 said:

#FakeNews

Alternative Facts!