Sign in to follow this  
Premium

24/7 League Cycle

24/7 League Cycle Vote  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you agree with the idea of having leagues 24/7?



Recommended Posts

The community should always be running a draft league, specifically ONE at a time. There should be at least two different types of leagues, preferrably one weight fix and one weight bug, and the leagues should run similar to Plabax League in the sense that they are strict. Each regular season should be one month, each playoff season should be one month, and the roll call/draft for the following league will occur during the current league's playoffs. The draft period is when the community is most active, so having players around during playoff time will increase the chances of playoff series being played at a good pace.

Classic can continue to run, it will just have to be done simultaneously. Classic is designed for slackers anyway, so I don't think coaches will hesitate to register there to get their fix of slacking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who messes around and doesn't get their games in should be punished in Plabax's Prison:

  • One Time Offense - 4 Month Ban 
  • Two Time Offense - 6 Month Ban 
  • Three Time Offense - Permanent Ban 

Of course there are always exceptions :) 

Less people will slack if they know there is a serious punishment waiting for them. Coaches can also clear up their criminal record if they stay clean for long enough. Say a one-time offender hits 20 checkpoints in a row, maybe we can consider removing their offense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example of the 24/7 League Cycle

January 1  - League 1 regular season starts

Febuary 1 - League 1 playoff starts and League 2 roll call

Febuary 14 - League 2 draft starts

March 1 - League 1 ends and League 2 regular season starts

April 1 -  League 2 playoff starts and League 3 roll call

April 14 - League 3 draft starts

and so on.....

It doesn't have to be completely 24/7, there could be a summer break that takes place from July-August or June-September. You get the idea.

Edited by Premium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Premium said:

 

Classic is designed for slackers anyway, so I don't think coaches will hesitate to register there to get their fix of slacking.

 

:lol:

 

Are you proposing to run this 24/7 league, or just posting for fun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be nice, but its just not a feasible option for many reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kingraph said:

:lol:

 

Are you proposing to run this 24/7 league, or just posting for fun?

 

1 hour ago, Premium said:

The community should always be running a draft league.

Why the hostile response?

It's a league for slackers, get over it. The admin of the SNES league doesn't even try to complete half of his games. 

32 minutes ago, corbettkb said:

would be nice, but its just not a feasible option for many reasons.

List a reason and I'll attempt to counter it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Premium said:

The community should always be running a draft league, specifically ONE at a time. There should be at least two different types of leagues, preferrably one weight fix and one weight bug, and the leagues should run similar to Plabax League in the sense that they are strict. Each regular season should be one month, each playoff season should be one month, and the roll call/draft for the following league will occur during the current league's playoffs. The draft period is when the community is most active, so having players around during playoff time will increase the chances of playoff series being played at a good pace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The site activity comment is very true during a draft/preseason, however, RUNNING the draft, especially in a short time manner that makes it worth doing is VERY VERY time consuming on me IF we don't have the right coaches in the league.  ANY new coaches are a nightmare to drag through their first draft, and a certain set of veterans require me dragging them across the finish line EVERY time.  IT IS the main reason I went away from a draft for Surviving Summer.

 

I could get into the rest, but I've gone over it before, and find you ignore logic to fit your reasons.

 

Love the idea of having a constant draft setup, and there is not enough demand right now to do so, even if I offered my time up more than I already do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I believe right now, with attendance low, it's best to set up more non-strict guidelines for exi's, easy to join leagues, less drafts, etc, and let the actual game, NHL94 do the work of keeping guys playing, or joining in to play.

 

The REAL REALITY is if NHL94 is great, and worth guys taking these extra steps to play and find each other, it is the one that will sell the "folks" out there on doing so.  AND regardless of how a league is run, if the game doesn't generate enough demand, it's not going to work.

 

2v2 is also something that was QUITE dead for a long time, but of late, it's been the driving force for late night exi's and keeping guys popping on to play, new or old.

 

In the end, it's the game that will do the work, and if the play is entertaining enough over our other options, it will continue on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think my response was hostile?  I literally laughed at your statement, and I'm pretty sure you know why.  

The community has always been free to run any league it wants, your post/poll read more like you were starting a 24/7 league.  I'm still not sure of its purpose.  Just a poll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kingraph said:

I didn't think my response was hostile?  I literally laughed at your statement, and I'm pretty sure you know why.  

The community has always been free to run any league it wants, your post/poll read more like you were starting a 24/7 league.  I'm still not sure of its purpose.  Just a poll?

I thought you were laughing at me.

I'm not starting any 24/7 league. The community can run it together, and I can banish the slackers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Premium said:

I thought you were laughing at me.

I'm not starting any 24/7 league. The community can run it together, and I can banish the slackers.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this