zombi

Does the "Skill Level" setting affect multiplayer exhibitions?

zombi    0

Hello all,

We're going to be starting a league at my work and figured I should iron this out.

In NHL '94-'97 on the Genesis, when you are playing against a friend in a one-off exhibition game, does the "Skill level" setting matter? Does is affect auto-controller goalies or you AI teammates?

Just curious. Can't find anything on this anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

segathon    51

I think that setting started in 96?

Have not played it recently enough to remember if that changes player vs player but I would assume the goalie get harder as skill increases.

zombi    0
29 minutes ago, segathon said:

I think that setting started in 96?

Have not played it recently enough to remember if that changes player vs player but I would assume the goalie get harder as skill increases.

We're playing '96 specifically.

kingraph    138

I also don't know much about '96...though I remember @Bo Knows NHL94 told me he used to play all the time vs his brother @Carse.  Those guys aren't too active around here anymore, but if they read this, maybe they can comment.

Premium    18

I treat it as if it matters. This way, you can't lose:

If it does make a difference, then you are playing on your desired setting. If not, then it doesn't really matter.

Pearate    7

I've played a league with some friends on 96 at the time. If I remember it affect the goalie reactions, and the IA for the players in the Team when you don't have the control of them, offensive and defensive placement. 

No proof for that, but it's logical.

We always played on all-star level, like everyone I presume.

Try to find the genesis manual for the game, maybe there is a line about the level.

Edited by Pearate

Pearate    7

Here it is :

NHL96.JPG

I remember now, when I put the All-Star level at the first time, I was waiting for a great challenge. Like it was mentioned in the manual.

We all know the next... 

Edited by Pearate

zombi    0
12 hours ago, Pearate said:

Here it is :

NHL96.JPG

I remember now, when I put the All-Star level at the first time, I was waiting for a great challenge. Like it was mentioned in the manual.

We all know the next... 

Thanks.

I had seen that write-up before but I wondered if it only applied to singleplayer matchups.