NHL'94 Forums

Premium Retro League 1

CoachMac

I played some exis and want to slightly tweak my lineup:

LF      66    Lemieux      
C        88    Lindros        
RF      26    Stastny
LD      4      Hatcher           (make #40)
RD      4     Uwe Krupe       (make #41)
G        30    Soderstrom
-------
F        11    Dineen
F        8      Turcotte            
D        4      Red Kelly         (keep #4)
D        4      Lowe                (make #5)    
-------
Red Kelly to come in on D on Penalty.
Xtra attacker - Dineen

Season is On!

PRLpatrick1.bin

prlss.PNG

I have sent rom and asked chaos to set us up.
Hopefully he will and everyone will thank him for all he does.
Until then save states and post results.
As stated before I would love to play King, Aqua, and Tex Live in Vegas.
You will need USB adapter and a controller to do this.
Play each team 4 times 2 H and 2 A.

Only 1 deadline for Regular Season.
It ends October 15.

Playoffs will be done by Halloween.

GL, and Have Fun

Edited by CoachMac
update

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is doing a great job!:big_smile:
Way to go Boys.

No worries on 100% completion asAll remaining games involve KingRaph and myself.

I will be around mostly late night in the east.
If I don't catch you this week, I can be available earlier on weekends or possibly some next week.

Season ends October 15.
Playoffs will begin immediately

1 v 3

2 v 4

If you are interested in a team for season 2 post here.
I would love to get to 6 A players and 6 B players with realignment each season based on results.

Raph vs Jer
Aqua vs Coach

These are the last 2 series to complete the Regular Season.

Jer needs one win or tie vs Raph OR  one win or tie by Coach vs Aqua to secure a playoff spot.

Sunday is the deadline for these games.

Once the Regular season is complete I will post Playoff Match ups and rom.

Coming Soon is details about Season 2 (Draft Pool, etc....)

Playoff Rom.
60 minute Overtime (99 looks ridiculous if you can't settle it in an hour of Overtime tough luck):haha:
New York Double numbers fixed. (Leetch #2, Harvey #22)(Stevens #25, Zelepukin #52)
Jeesh Like Raph needs more advantages!!!

I also set up Playoff Mode if anyone wants to try then you could play a 7 game series or at least have proper OT.
Aqua and I will try in Consolation Bracket.
All Series are Best of 7 (2-2-1-1-1)

Semi-Finals (deadline to complete is Sunday 10-22-2017)

#1 New York (KingRaph) vs #3 Montreal (Tex)
#2 Detroit (Ice) vs #4 Toronto (Jer33)

Consolation Bracket
#5 Boston (Aqua) vs #6 Chicago (Coach)

PRLplayoffs1.bin

Also I need input on season 2.
Please respond.

1. Brutus will enter the League as the seventh team or replace me as the sixth team. (Losing Coaches get fired around here):shame:
2. How many keepers? Draft Pool is Adams Division (BOS, BUF, HAR, MTL, QUE, OTT) plus 6 TBD Retro Guys.  Is this to many should we limit.

3. Does anyone Else want to join?

4. Anything Else?

Edited by CoachMac
update

I just want to play again if there is room for another coach for season 2 let me know I would be down to join regardless of rules/format.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Also I need input on season 2.
Please respond.

1. Brutus will enter the League as the seventh team or replace me as the sixth team. (Losing Coaches get fired around here):shame:
2. How many keepers? Draft Pool is Adams Division (BOS, BUF, HAR, MTL, QUE, OTT) plus 6 TBD Retro Guys.  Is this to many should we limit.

4. Anything Else?

Hey Coach,
the season is done for you and me I guess. (I am up for the 7 game losers thingy, but I mean there is no playoff for us.)

Season was excellent.  First of all, I liked that there was a league to play in.  Second of all, this was a high caliber league. No whiners, slackers or drama queens, just 6 solid dudes that want to get games in!  Love the ROM, too.

Addressing your first two questions:

1. Brutus in / Last place gets fired
I like Brutus in, I don't like people getting booted.  

2. Keepers and Retros
I think the last 50% should keep 2 guys, the top finishing 50% should keep 1.  If we keep more than 1 or 2 per season, we will all have all star teams in 3 seasons. 

As for Retro guys, I like the idea, but the way it worked out, with people choosing them last, kinda gamed the system.  Only you, me and Jer picked them early, and it didn't work out for us.  (Well Jer did awesome, but you and me didn't benefit, I don't think.)  I say boost the skills or weight of the Retro dudes, but you are a purist, and I can't see that happening.  What about this? Make it mandatory to start your retro guy in the starting lineup?  (You can only sub them out if they are injured?)  Then they would matter, and get picked earlier.  Also, why not let them be carried over? (It will pain you to let Gordie Howe just disappear, no?)

I like putting more good guys in (Brutus/Lupz) vs booting Coach.  In fact, I'd rather sit out and let the others play than Coach sit out his own league.  

I am also good with whatever drafting rules Coach puts into place, and I think it might be per season based on how the standings look, maybe even develop a formula to decide keepers.  For example, I went 15-0-5 this season (87.5% of total points) so I don't get ANY keepers.  Ice (70%) gets one (maybe none), Tex/Jer get 1-2, Aqua/Coach get 2, maybe 3.  As I'm writing this, I'm pretty sure a simple formula can be developed to distribute keepers based on the spread of points.  Something like if all 6 teams went .500, we all get 1 keeper next season, total 6.  One guy goes undefeated, one guy goes winless, the undefeated gets zero, winless gets 2, rest keep 1.  Total 6.  Something like that.  

The whole point of non-snaking, ranked drafting, and keepers is to help stack the teams towards the weaker coaches to even the playing field.  The level of stacking can depend on how disparate the coaches are each season.  

Sorry for the rambling, I am typing stream of consciousness.  Hope that all makes sense.  

And I mentioned to Coach already, but just a bit more heads up before we full on draft, maybe a document (happy to put together) with the new retro guys highlighted.  

1 minute ago, kingraph said:

And I mentioned to Coach already, but just a bit more heads up before we full on draft, maybe a document (happy to put together) with the new retro guys highlighted.  

Hey, I had this exact same idea, and was even going to volunteer to do the write-up, too!  (Though I will defer to you, if Coach takes volunteers, cuz I am writing some other stuff atm.)

With a little prep, have the a short bio for each retro dude, plus there skill attributes, in a little "manual" (forum post).  Last time the Retro dudes kind of caught us unaware when the draft charged ahead...

I'm not quite sure how the league works, but maybe there is also the option of not giving 1st (or maybe even 2nd) round draft picks to the top players, rather than doing keepers. But I'm not sure how you want the league seasonal evolution to work.

1. I think you want to keep these leagues small, maybe top it out at 8/10 guys. Brutus and Lupz are excellent additions.

2. Keepers is pretty well defined in the original rules, but may require tweaking with additional teams.

3. Some thought needs to be put into how the new teams will draft without keepers. 

4. Great show Coach, nobody needs to be fired.

I am playing Coach for the consolation series tonight.  Not sure if this means if I lose I might be in last and (possibly) fired, but now I like the idea even less.  :P (Seems like everyone feels no one should get fired for being last, though. Except maybe Coach, and he is the commish.)

People should get fired for not playing games, but with this carefully picked crew that is not an issue. ;)

On 10/11/2017 at 1:56 AM, CoachMac said:

4. Anything Else?

1) Gotta play coach, need more not less + this/you have been immense so far.

2) That draft pool should be fine especially if you are adding 2-4 new coaches

3) Mor.

4) Nah.

The Detroit Red Wings led by Icestorm have advanced to the Stanley Cup Final.

They will face the winner of the Rangers (Kingraph) vs Canadiens (Tex) Series.
Deadline is Sunday, but I think they have already scheduled to play Thursday Night.

Congrats to Toronto (Jer33) on a successful season.

Also Boston (Aqualizard) defeated Chicago (Coachmac) 4 games to 2 in the consolation series.

Great Job to all the coaches in the League.

I will be awarding bobbleheads at the conclusion of the playoffs.:grimace:

League Accomplishments

100% completion of Regular Season.:big_smile:In less than 2 weeks.
Playoffs will be completed in less than 2 weeks.:big_smile:

Just over 1 month start to finish.:big_smile:

Congrats to ice, who's goalie control is tops in the game IMO.

Thanks to Coach for running another fun league, really enjoyed playing with this rom.

7 hours ago, jer_33 said:

Congrats to ice, who's goalie control is tops in the game IMO.

Thanks to Coach for running another fun league, really enjoyed playing with this rom.

Thanks Jer it needed to be in the series.  You played very very well.  

Congrats on a great season also.  

NY Rangers led by Kingraph advance to the Stanley Cup Final with a 4 games to 1 series win against Montreal (Tex)

Icestorm and his Detroit Red Wings will face the Rangers in the Final.

Congrats to Tex on a great season and GL to KingRaph and Icestorm in the Finals.