NHL'94 Forums

[February 24th, 2018 - Green Bay, WI] Edge of '94 -WI Presents, A Fleury of Goals!

Happy New Year everyone!  I've decided to get this form out there a bit early.

I linked this form in the main topic, but you can also click here to get started.  You are not considered signed up officially until this is filled out, and payment is sent to lock in your spot.

https://goo.gl/forms/h4P4EyxNmxvACEgm2

So far we have a good start on signups.  We have 8 out of the verbalized 26 players, and 4 of those 26 players are staff related, so it's over a 1/3 paid in already, with just under 2 months to go!

Here are the paid states/territories represented so far:

Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York

So far we have a good start on signups.  We have collected 10 payments in less than 3 days, and have a total of 28 verbal commitments.

Here are the paid states/territories represented so far:

Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Ontario Canada, Illinois

Happy to announce that we will be hosting a mini tournament for the purposes of promoting NHL94 online, as well as our February 24th tournament.  The venue is the Level Up expo in Green Bay on January 13th.  We will award a free entry in single elimination bracket to the highest place finisher to any newcomer, one for snes, and one for genesis.

We will stream approximately 10:30AM CST at twitch.tv/trojan1979

https://www.facebook.com/events/192586431295562/?notif_t=plan_user_associated&notif_id=1515187738210039

OK Guys, as of right now we have 16 paid in out of the eligible 24(rest are staff or sponsors), with a total verbalized commitment of 32 players, which is our advertised max.  If we get those last 8 paid in, we will go ahead and expand to 40 players, but for now, first come, first served.  Get your payments in, or risk losing your slot.

Signups and payments continue to roll in.  We are on pace for 32 easily, but we aren't stopping there!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to run some NHL94 stations at the Level Up retro gaming expo in Green Bay.  We held a small tournament for Genesis.  We had hoped to do a SNES and Genesis tournament, but could not lock down enough players to stay for both.  Instead the 1st and 2nd place winners won free entry!

Here's the event footage.  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218188273?t=6862s

Here's a picture of the 1st and 2nd place finishers, Moe Man and James G

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting

Just wanted to drop in and say unfortunately I can't make it out to Green Bay with y'all due to some other commitments, but I wish I could! It looks like @King of 94' WI is doing an awesome job organizing this thing. Appreciate all the effort and especially catering to both consoles.

I had planned on going just about anywhere an SNES was set up in 2018 but I'm already breaking my resolution. :lol:

Next time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, annatar said:

Just wanted to drop in and say unfortunately I can't make it out to Green Bay with y'all due to some other commitments, but I wish I could! It looks like @King of 94' WI is doing an awesome job organizing this thing. Appreciate all the effort and especially catering to both consoles.

I had planned on going just about anywhere an SNES was set up in 2018 but I'm already breaking my resolution. :lol:

Next time!

We will miss you, but it's understandable.  This is the start of something special, as we've already doubled our attendance from last year in RSVPs.  Make sure to be a part of our event next year.